Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
oh are we on racism now?

i'd call you a pig too for saying shit like that; dont be givin me and my american ass a bad name by being a punk-ass racist
It was a joke,
jesus, why are people so uptight?
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #142
TheWetMule

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to TheWetMule Send a message via Skype™ to TheWetMule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
That reminds me, the wrench was all I used except for the last boss.
Lol, Aye, completely pimping out your guy with everything to increase wrench damage = HURR I HIT THINGS YOU DIE
TheWetMule is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #143
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_W
The thread did indeed went to great lengths, but if you don't mind, I'd like to return to my original point. Everyone has submitted sound material that I give my commendation to.

It's not realistic and expected to have TF2 change it's name to something else other than 'Team Fortress' because of the 'blasphemy' and 'heresy' part I originally said. Why can't it be called 'Builders vs. Demolishers' or something like that? Something that would be 'original' to the unique FPS that TF2 is.

And all of the game details regarding that game isn't so 'TF compliant' as FF is. Because in FF, you still have the same ol' weapons, the same ol' maps, and the same ol' class abilities, and so on. I know some things in FF has changed but it's all part of the modernization to the Source engine.

It just sucks that 'Team Fortress' doesn't have copyright protection away from Valve or else they can't use that name. If I'm not mistaken, the actual name of the game itself drew so many to TF2, the 'official' sequel. TFC fans have been waiting on that game for Lord knows when.

And only a few of us know the 'truth'...
The truth being the original guys who made TF also made TF2. They may work for Valve but they also have every right more so than anyone of calling their game TF2. There is an actual interview somewhere where they talk about having less to do with the long term development of TFC than they did with TF2. I'm not sure what "truth" you speak of.

TF2 is a great game, people are enjoying it and people are playing it. FF is also a great game and is so far turning out to get better and better. It isn't the graphics that FF lacks more so over the lack of a direct visual theme. I've said this from the start as have other people and the FF team has even acknowledged it as a problem. 2.0 helped out a lot but they really need a modeler. This is fairly common knowledge too. FF has poor player models which are a core part of visuals. Even on poor maps if you have great player models you can still have fun. Look at TF2 on the TFC ported 2fort. The map is ugly as hell but its still fun. The FF team will one day have a modeler to fix this problem and all will be well again.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #144
serotonin

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_W
If a player like me can rank in the middle of the scoreboard with just using the revolver as a spy, with no disguises or cloaking, something's wrong. Either the game is too easy, or the player pool has too many nubs. I'm really going to say it's BOTH.
This isn't a very strong argument. Merely getting to the middle of the scoreboard is easy, in any multiplayer shooter ever made. As a cross-example, I could EASILY make the middle of the scoreboard in a Counter-Strike 1.6 pub limiting myself to nothing more than the starting glock or USP pistol. But then could I take that fact and make a plausible assertion that CS has no skill-depth? The fact that CS is the most prolific game in the history of 'e-sport' indicates otherwise.

How well you can do in a pub with a self-imposed handicap is irrelevant, in any game. And besides, that handicap you're boasting isn't even very severe. The Spy's revolver is a great freaking weapon. It reloads fast, it's accurate, it does lots of damage, and even has a higher crit-rate than most other weapons. Making the middle of the scoreboard would be easy using only that weapon, as long as you made sure to stay with other teammates and bait them while taking pot-shots at distracted enemies, as I'm sure you did.

Now, if you were to claim that you consistently TOP pub scoreboards with nothing but a revolver and making use of no other Spy abilities, and were able to prove the claim, then maybe you'd have a sound argument.

Good luck with that.

P.S. And for the love of Zeus, please don't use the term "nub". Using that word on the Internets causes acne and middle-aged virginity.

Last edited by serotonin; 04-19-2008 at 08:05 PM.