Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 AM   #141
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I tired a use my name on the t-o server, but it got banned so i used Kenny, D:

I guess you guys on there don't tolerate the undead?

Old 05-10-2007, 12:52 AM   #142
Going Postal

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Interesting. I would estimate at least 50% of players who bunnyhop use the mousewheel and no script. Is this an unfair advantage?
In my personal opinion, no it would not be. That is a bind, not a script btw.

I am also curious how you came up with 50%?

Last edited by Going Postal; 05-10-2007 at 12:58 AM.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:52 AM   #143
tu!

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
no one that can ACTUALLY BHOP keyword PROPERLY/EFFECIENTLY/GOOD/WHATEVER would ever refuse to bhop. all the people that claim they can bhop but choose not are lieing...
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 AM   #144
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
no one that can ACTUALLY BHOP keyword PROPERLY/EFFECIENTLY/GOOD/WHATEVER would ever refuse to bhop. all the people that claim they can bhop but choose not are lieing...
Riiiiiight.... the world is so black and white to the young, it's kinda cute... a bit pathetic, but cute.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:10 AM   #145
tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Riiiiiight.... the world is so black and white to the young, it's kinda cute... a bit pathetic, but cute.
prove me wrong...make a demo of yourself bhopping...

1. you won't make one, insert some excuse.
2. you cannot bhop very well/ you don't actually know what bhop means and demo will show you just jumping consecutively or something that is not bhopping.
3. some idiot on here posts a demo using your name because they have issues against me.
4. you bhop good and are 1 of the few exceptions (VERY UNLIKELY)

anyone that if comfortable doing it would never in their right mind refuse to do it...

Last edited by tu!; 05-10-2007 at 03:19 AM.
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #146
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!

2. you cannot bhop very well/ you don't actually know what bhop means and demo will show you just jumping consecutively or something that is not bhopping.
3. some idiot on here posts a demo using your name because they have issues against me.

anyone that if comfortable doing it would never in their right mind refuse to do it...
If I were any good at bhopping, I'd do #3 just out of spite, but only because you told me to.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #147
Afty

I notice my exploit response got politely glossed over

Saying 99% of people who bhop use scripts is rediculous, did you know that 72.89% of all statistics are made up on the spot? Personally i use mwheeldown bound to jump and thats all.

What this all seems to boil down to is that the people at o-t cant bhop very well, otherwise you would do it and enjoy it, it adds a superb dimension to the game and means that you cant just stick a hwguy at the fd and own anything and everything that comes your way. When the game is faster it takes more skill and is more competitive. Lets face it a game like TFC is a game you try to win, its the whole point of it, even if you just "play for fun" with friends/kids you are still trying to win. why do anything if you dont strive to be better at it?

I joined your server last night, there were 3 bots there and i pinged about 150

oh and come on, attacking someones grammer? puhlease ! (this is the interweb)

Last edited by Afty; 05-10-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Afty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #148
grg
el matador

Quote:
It was decided to not allow it because it became extremely clear that 99% of the people doing it were using scripts. The Clan felt using scripts to do it was an unfair advantage.
Right after I read this, I thought "hm gotta quote this", but then ekiM did it on the next post, so yay.

Quote:
extremely clear that 99% of the people doing it were using scripts
I don't want to do any comparison, but people that kept saying things like "you're using script for bhop", "you use anti-conc", "you use wallhack", etc were newbies that had no clue of what was going on. I hope you are not one of those.

Funny how you were totally sure that those people were using scripts, unless you are an above average bhoper (which honestly, I don't think you are). And btw, there's some plugins out there that catch scripters, so that argument kinda failed.

And ekiM came up with 50%, but it should be more like 80%. 19% use some other button (space, like myself), and 1% (if it even exists) use a script.

Quote:
I second that.
grg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #149
Norris
The Good German

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Postal
2. OT servers originally allowed b-hopping if it could be done manually. It was decided to not allow it because it became extremely clear that 99% of the people doing it were using scripts. The Clan felt using scripts to do it was an unfair advantage. It was extremely difficult to administer the "no-script b-hopping" rule, so it was decided for ease of adminning, to just say no b-hopping at all.
hopefully they banned auto-reload as well.
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #150
Fjorn

don't forget double tap nade scripts, or conc/rocket/pipe jump scripts or...
Fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #151
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Quote:
In my personal opinion, [binding jump to the mousewheel] would not be [an unfair advantage].
Binding jump to the mousewheel has effectively the same effect as binding one key to multiple jumps. They both make the timing a bit easier. You think one is unfair and the other isn't. That makes no sense to me.

Unless by "script" you meant an autojump script rather than a multijump. In which case it's even more silly to say 99% of people use one.

Quote:
That is a bind, not a script btw.
Right, which is why I said they use "the mousewheel and no script". You see?

When you say "99% of people use a script" do you mean that they have one key bound to multiple jumps to make the timing easier or do you mean they just hold down a key and it jumps automatically?

Quote:
I am also curious how you came up with 50%?
Observation. From looking at other peoples' config files for whatever reason. From going to LANs, when TFC was still played at those. I actually think 50% is an underestimate. It's probably more like 75% or more use the mousewheel.
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #152
groovyf
In the clouds

Quote:
Well, let's wrap it up then. Here's what we've learned:
  1. The Old Timers don't hate bhoppers, they just don't allow bhopping on their TFC servers.
  2. The Old Timers thinks you may swear as much as you want, they just don't want to hear it.
  3. There are those that think The Old Timers Clan are doodoo heads for running their server the way they do.

I think that about covers it.
Works for me too. Your server, your rules. Can't quite understand why others are failing to see this and want to argue over BH benefits/drawbacks/people who can/can't bunnyhop.

*goes back to rocking chair and smokes pipe
groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #153
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Yeah, God forbid anyone ever actually think about why they hold an opinion.
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #154
Afty

We know they arent going to change their minds, but this is a discussion forum... you know for .... discussing.

Its just interesting to hear peoples views, as of yet i think we have yet to hear concrete, why O-T dont allow Bhop.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #155
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!

Soooo, let me make sure I have this right. We can skip the whole Scuzzy makes a demo of himself bhopping because you've already decided that if I made a demo that the demo would be made by someone else using my name who has a vendetta against you personally? Usually I have to actually produce the evidence I'm asked for FIRST before it's discounted as a "fake because someone else has a vendetta against me" excuse. But hey, now I don't have to waste my time. Thanks!

Look! There's bhop liars, vendatta plotters, and doo doo heads OH MY!

Scuzzy

Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #156
Afty

Quote:
Soooo, let me make sure I have this right. We can skip the whole Scuzzy makes a demo of himself bhopping because you've already decided that if I made a demo that the demo would be made by someone else using my name who has a vendetta against you personally? Usually I have to actually produce the evidence I'm asked for FIRST before it's discounted as a "fake because someone else has a vendetta against me" excuse. But hey, now I don't have to waste my time. Thanks!

Look! There's bhop liars, vendatta plotters, and doo doo heads OH MY!

Scuzzy
your evidence is often declared fake then ?

edit* my grammer is atrocious !

Old 05-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #157
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorn
don't forget double tap nade scripts, or conc/rocket/pipe jump scripts or...
...or autoreload scripts...

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #158
Afty

look up 8 posts Ihmhi

Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #159
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afty
What this all seems to boil down to is that the people at o-t cant bhop very well, otherwise you would do it and enjoy it, it adds a superb dimension to the game and means that you cant just stick a hwguy at the fd and own anything and everything that comes your way. When the game is faster it takes more skill and is more competitive. Lets face it a game like TFC is a game you try to win, its the whole point of it, even if you just "play for fun" with friends/kids you are still trying to win. why do anything if you dont strive to be better at it?
Wow, you can't get by an HW without bhopping around? I'm really beginning to understand why you guys can't give this up now. It's not a matter of a skill that adds to the game for you guys, it's a way to get around strategy. You guys don't have to work together, or know the finer points of attacking each class, you bhop around them and you're fine. You're used to running past everyone, not really engaging in battle, knowing how to attack each opponent to help your team mates though, you're used to running past them to get to the prize. It isn't that you don't want to play without bhop, it's that you'd be completely outmatched in a stratigic game without it... I get it now. You guys are right, this debate is pointless, you'll never be able to play without bhop.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #160
groovyf
In the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Yeah, God forbid anyone ever actually think about why they hold an opinion.
Opine away, but this debate has been done to death and back.

ForumUser1: "Oh, you don't like bunnyhopping because you can't do it!"
ForumUser2: "It's not an exploit, so it should be allowed on Servers"
etc, etc, ad infintum

PS: Scuzzy, your server pings 180 for me (it's US based I guess, but I think I'll give it a whirl) :E
groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote