Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Then you should keep us updated.

Also: Too many hypothetical situations.
Nothing proves a theory more than evidence, ahem, especially video evidence

Last edited by reaper18; 11-18-2009 at 03:39 PM.
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #102
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Ceremony: I don't think snipers and pyros are what break down crossfire, I think it's simply CTF pubbing since most people don't care about the objectives. I'll admit when I play that I only treat it like deathmatch. Also yes, I'd say the game is quite a bit about spam, though that's generally a positive thing for me since I love seeing the carnage unfold around me in games. As for turning friendly fire on, I think that would cripple defense even more (in a pub environment anyway)

reaper18: Which situations are you referring to? And I agree evidence helps, though that only works for specific exploits or bugs I think. For balance changes, it has to be taken in collectively. For example, if you show a video of a spy completely murdering the hunted over and over, many people will dismiss that on bad bodyguards/civilian. If I show that in 5 different games, people will say the same thing. I get the feeling some people would need 50 or more videos in order to change their minds and even then, those same people might not have the patience to sit through all of those, so it could be a losing scenario. How much video evidence do you think would be needed to prove a point?

Last edited by chilledsanity; 11-19-2009 at 10:33 AM.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #103
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Ceremony: I don't think snipers and pyros are what break down crossfire, I think it's simply CTF pubbing since most people don't care about the objectives. I'll admit when I play that I only treat it like deathmatch. Also yes, I'd say the game is quite a bit about spam, though that's generally a positive thing for me since I love seeing the carnage unfold around me in games. As for turning friendly fire on, I think that would cripple defense even more (in a pub environment anyway)

reaper18: Which situations are you referring to? And I agree evidence helps, though that only works for specific exploits or bugs I think. For balance changes, it has to be taken in collectively. For example, if you show a video of a spy completely murdering the hunted over and over, many people will dismiss that on bad bodyguards/civilian. If I show that in 5 different games, people will say the same thing. I get the feeling some people would need 50 or more videos in order to change their minds and even then, those same people might not have the patience to sit through all of those, so it could be a losing scenario. How much video evidence do you think would be needed to prove a point?

That's why you PLAYTEST. With good players, ones that know how to play.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote