Old 07-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #82
o_buns

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
PF was awesome
o_buns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #83
o_someoldguy

While PFF has fallen on hard times due to a number of factors, including management issues, it was during it's heyday a fantastic place... somewhere that I acquired a large number of online friends who remain so even to this day. It was one of the coolest and best places to talk about TFC. It was also a great site to just consort with a lot of the old school team players. The day that the "owners" switched from the 'lith forums to the current format was a sad day indeed.

That being said, I can hope that it will again be a resource once FF is released to the wilds of internet play... if nothing more than to point to these forums for assistance and commentaries.

Oh, and Hi Bunsy!

o_someoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 04:19 PM   #84
o_oinker

Napalm you can shoot out of the IC and it sticks to the walls and burns for say 15 secs it jsut does less dmg every second it's ont he wall or somthing. Oh and i hope they dun take away the pyros ability to light people on fire. that owned.
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 04:38 PM   #85
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinker
Napalm you can shoot out of the IC and it sticks to the walls and burns for say 15 secs it jsut does less dmg every second it's ont he wall or somthing. Oh and i hope they dun take away the pyros ability to light people on fire. that owned.
How, exactly, would shooting fire at someone NOT light them on fire?
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #86
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Asbestos.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 03:32 AM   #87
o_lithium

Re: Serious Class Replacement for the Pyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buns
As we all know, the Pyro class has never worked decently in any fortress mod.... well ever. Here is a new class idea I feel that fits in with the Team Fortress theme while maintaining the need for that something extra special for taking Fortress Forever from average awesome new mod for HL2 to OMGCUMINYOURMUM's pants awesome.

THE SHOCK TROOPER
STATS
Max Health: 100
Max Armor: 150 Rubber Armor
Max Speed: HWGuy Speed.

WEAPONS
5 Telsa Coil - uses 50 cells
4 Static gun - uses cells
2 Single-Barrel Shotgun
1 Crowbar

GRENADES
Hand Grenades, Shock Grenades

ABILITIES
Fire resistant. Like pyro.
Very susceptable to EMP`s
Regains cells like medic.

Telsa coil fires a large bolt of electricity. It takes two blasts to kill most enemies. It instantly kills sentryguns/dispensers/teleporters. It MUST be aimed, it takes the same time as a HWGuy spin up before firing. The telsas range is that of a flamethrower.

The shock grenade is like a single blast telsa. It will not hurt you if you hold it for more then four seconds cause of your rubber armor.

Static gun fires a continuious stream of electricity. It is weak though. It has NO affect on sentrys or dispensers.

He cannot be affective alone. His main purpose is taking out sentries, and hiding in the shadows zapping those unsuspecting enemies. He is fairly weak however

I hope this has helped to enlighten the Fortress Forever team
I'd rather have a pyro , you're stupid shock trooper comes out from C&C. Kill yourself now.
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 AM   #88
o_leetard

<<< would rather have pyro, maybe a few small changes to attract more players to the class, but keep the style of gameplay.
o_leetard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #89
o_fresh

lets just end this and get rid of BOTH of them.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 AM   #90
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
pyro wins
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #91
o_the phenom

o_the phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #92
o_the phenom

Keep Pyro. Just make him a little more powerful (Soldiers can kill Pyros easily).

Old 07-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #93
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

saying that, i was playing pyro a while back, and i was suprised how much damage is dealt by the flamethrower providing you keep the flames on him. more lasting burn damage is needed for after you've torched him :p

Old 07-15-2005, 06:22 PM   #94
o_the phenom

Nothing like roasting HW Guys.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #95
o_darknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquish
pfft, can't get much old-skooler than me and I don't remember that thread on the pf forums. then again I haven't visited more than 5 or 6 times since they dumped the old lith style.
Lol, it really is there. I searched for it the other day.

<3 PF, even though I wasn't exacly old-skool on it I was still having to be coped with for about a year.

Ooooh. Methinks....

Quote:
PF is/was for wankers!
Not exacly making many friends with that comment Fresh?
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2005, 11:22 PM   #96
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenom
Nothing like roasting HW Guys.

Aye, the fat adds to the flavor.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2005, 01:09 AM   #97
o_snarkfish

Banter..

I don't really feel like reading through all the banter.. I already read 2 pages of it..

One, I don't think the Pyro should be taken out, as it IS classic, even though its definitly not my favorite class.

I do wish to point out one thing though, I don't know if this was addressed on the third or fourth page, who can tell, without reading it But --

If one uses the pyro's flamethrower, you see the flames. What are the flames? They're sprites. They had to be, or else the HL1 (.. I know it's a Quake engine, don't badger me :P ) engine would lag, crash, or start playing Jennifer Lopez's music instead of sound effects. Either way, it would be a bad thing.

In Source, I realize that sprites do indeed still exist, but is that the route the dev team is going to take? And if so, what's the current conjecture on it? Because I'm sure lag is no problem for any of us with TFC, besides those with computers like the ones in my closet.. (500mhz.. radeon 7000... 256mb SDRAM PC133.. etc etc), but... The Havok/Source engines rather laugh at my computer. It isn't a bad system, but it's not made for the new stuff.

I worry about the Pyro's Flamethrower, with regards to server side lag, and graphical lag. Thx

w00t
o_snarkfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2005, 01:12 AM   #98
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

as far as i can tell, i think its a volumetric jobby, like RTCW. i could be wrong tho

Old 07-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #99
o_magz

keep pyro in just change him a bit. All this talk bout pyro has made me actually wanna go and play pyro, might pop onto the CTFCL server and play pyro off, see wat happens...
o_magz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #100
o_-=alexdagreat=-

I love playing pyro, he is great for killing the weaker classes and his flames do a great job of softening up incoming sollys and hws. A scout that gets hit with even only splash damage is half dead in a second or two.

And who hasnt had a great time roasting the living crap out of snipers? And those napalm nades are great for keeping snipers in hiding on 2fort, or for torching an sg. Plus you can clear off sgs from roofs from firing from below through the ceiling. Whats not to love?

If I could change anything, it would be to make the flamethrower a little more splashy with the damage. Too many times I have chased someone around with the thrower, burning up cells, but because I havent aligned them up exactly with they dont catch fire. Its a little ridiculous, all that heat and flame but no fire? I would even prefer the throwers damage be lessened if they were easier to get a lock with.

Oh, and the pyro should be given a fire extinguisher too. Makes sense, what doesnt make sense is that the flames go out when the medic heals ya.
o_-=alexdagreat=- is offline   Reply With Quote