Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
grom i hope to god your last post with thos ideas on were a joke
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #62
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
can i just direct this thread's attention to here.
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #63
o_buns

Ok as a matter of compromise I'm willing to change his armour type to 200 Hardboard Armour.
o_buns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #64
o_magz

Havnt read the whole thread, really cba. Personally I dont think the Pyro should be replaced, but changed is a good idea.
If it was somehow made so that It wasnt such a "spammy" class, and with perhaps a little trick that only it can do, (along the lines of disguising, conc-jumping, rjumping kinda things) it could become quite useful.
o_magz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #65
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
like setting people on fire? :p
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #66
o_robg

It's a good trick if you can do it.
o_robg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #67
o_the phenom

No classes are being removed / added, but Pyro shouldn't be removed anyway.

It takes skill to be a Pyro. He's hard to play as on his own but in groups they're killers (multiple flames, grenades etc.) and can shred through defence.
I'll be playing as him on FF along with the rest of our clan.

I only hope he's more powerful (flamethrower with longer range, better firepower; faster rockets; super shotgun instead? )
o_the phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #68
o_darknight

You're so cruel Buns. :P
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #69
o_reincarnation

Hey Ekim, let's do some mulch. I won't touch the napalm grenade or flame thrower and I'll lower my health to 75. And I"ll still own you.

Any skilled pyro can handle the other classes just fine. I myself never use the napalm grenade as its a fantastic piece of garbage. The rockets are slow. That's the one point I'll conceed on. But circle strafing a hwguy with my flamethrower followed by a grenade or two always let me take down the best of hwguys.

The only true impediment to a good pyro is the soldier. Going head to head with them can be really really tricky. Again tho, if you can cause them to panic with a combination of flamethrower and rocket launcher and some well timed, grenades, they can go down.

I found it useful in clan matches to take up shop either in the RR or guarding the elevator. If I didn't outright kill, I could atleast lower the health of any offensive medic, scout, spy or solider sent over. If they are sitting with 25 health running down the staircase or flag room, I know my demoman and engineer down there would have them quickly finished off. It took me alot of time and some help with a fellow clanmember (who excelled at it) to get to this point though. Being a solja for 4 years sure did help tho
o_reincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #70
o_zippy

its seams ppl want to change alot of things for this mod, i just wanted an updated tfc with the same models/class`s there is now in tfc! changing models will make it feel a totally different game.
o_zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #71
o_robg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy
its seams ppl want to change alot of things for this mod, i just wanted an updated tfc with the same models/class`s there is now in tfc! changing models will make it feel a totally different game.
Er I think that the TFC models might look a tad odd in a Source map. Very funny, but odd.
o_robg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #72
o_the phenom

I agree with you Zippy for the most part, except they should update the models.
o_the phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #73
o_zippy

they do want a slight update yes but i dont think they should remove or totally change the models. buts thats just my view ;p
o_zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #74
o_grom

lol ya my reply was a joke.... lol i was just like wth... thats all

the pyro is key for fun. if i dont play TFC for awhile and start to play a bit again, i usually get owned.... so i figure why not have some fun in doing so and hopefully piss some people off. its funny once the 5/8 of the other team goes pyro jsut cuz their tired of being on fire
o_grom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #75
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

If FF were just TFC on Source, it wouldn't be any more popular than TFC is now. It would make a splash for a few months, then slowly die.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 12:13 AM   #76
o_sigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
If FF were just TFC on Source, it wouldn't be any more popular than TFC is now. It would make a splash for a few months, then slowly die.
FF has to become better than TFC, either wise things will backslide... I was playing on a server an mentioned FF and someone said it'd be great, but only 1/4 of the current players of TFC would be able to play it. I don't think that many people have archaic computers.

I figure TFC and FF will share many the same people in its pool. Both will drain people from the other. If FF grows fast enough it'll continue to pull people from TFC. If it has holding power (if its better than TFC) it'll eventually drain the TFC population into FF. Then the chain reaction causes the remaining people from TFC to switch to FF simple to play on servers that are more full. See the siphon analogy below.

I believe there is a critical point in the siphoning at which FF will become a stable mod. If it goes too far past that point, it'll cause TFC players to continue to switch over because its the place to be (hence replace TFC completely). In other words, the siphon is draining the water from TFC and dumping it into FF. If FF fails to reach that critical point, then as Jiggles said "It would make a spash for a few months, then slowly die." Should FF only be a splash, then the siphon will drain the FF players into the TFC pool. (Kind of poor analogy)

Aimming for the goal of replacing TFC means that things have to be better and somewhat different, yet still familiar for all the old players. Making FF more noob friendly will further the cause. Hence replacing the Pyro would be too much of a shock for the old player base. Making the pyro more powerful would be different, yet if he retains his choatic nature, familiar too.
o_sigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 02:51 AM   #77
o_agent buckshot moose

gy

Does anyone remember the PlanetFortress topic about this? Where the poster was actually serious about adding the Shock Trooper to TFC...

They had like a 5 page debate on it. Haha.
o_agent buckshot moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 03:32 AM   #78
o_dr.freeman

i too support this idea.. nothing like hitting someone with a bolt of electricity
o_dr.freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 03:54 AM   #79
o_sithdrummer

Re: gy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose

Does anyone remember the PlanetFortress topic about this? Where the poster was actually serious about adding the Shock Trooper to TFC...

They had like a 5 page debate on it. Haha.
^^

This thread has an ulterior motive - to discern the oldschool PF'ers from the rest of the posters.
o_sithdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 05:29 AM   #80
o_vanquish

pfft, can't get much old-skooler than me and I don't remember that thread on the pf forums. then again I haven't visited more than 5 or 6 times since they dumped the old lith style.
o_vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote