Old 10-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #61
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
Last time I checked, most people dont go out and set mouse traps in the wild or go out swatting bugs in a field. We dispose of them because they are in our property, not in their natural habitat like a swamp.

I think thats what most people are fussed about.

Anyway.

lulz.

You never leave your house / yard? Most people are fuzzed because they have never been in a marsh, or in the real woods. For a lot of people, going to the woods means going to a local park.

Next time you are off your property, in a park or in the woods - and a mosquito is buzzing you, dont swat it until it bites you. That sounds silly dont it?

I am starting to wonder how many people on this site a city dwellers? That would be a good topic for a new thread.

SoBe Green - To answer your question I did not go out looking for a snake to kill. We were checking a hog trap when I almost stepped on this thing. If we had caught a wild hog, this thread would be discussing the shooting and bar-b-q'ing of a wild pig not a snake.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #62
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
This all comes down to major regional differences here. I just find it hard to figure out why everyone here is so dead set and butt hurt about a snake getting killed when the game we all have in common is a game where people walk around shooting each other. If you are this sensitive to a snake, which is very dangerous when you have a pond or cattle around, being killed maybe you should pick up a game like Bejeweled or Tetris. Leev de shewtin gaimes ta us dum rednaks *spit*.
They get butt hurt pretty often over everything and anything. I'm still laughing over the constant use of association fallacies to try to reinforce their positions. Look guys, we get that you don't like and wouldn't do what is being discussed ITT. Are you continuing your fruitless whining because you think you might sway someone or are you simply doing it to make yourself feel better?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #63
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~
You never leave your house / yard? Most people are fuzzed because they have never been in a marsh, or in the real woods. For a lot of people, going to the woods means going to a local park.

Next time you are off your property, in a park or in the woods - and a mosquito is buzzing you, dont swat it until it bites you. That sounds silly dont it?

I am starting to wonder how many people on this site a city dwellers? That would be a good topic for a new thread.
I've lived in the countryside for near enough 21 years and have a full UK Firearms licence and two rifles, a third to be added soon.

Mosquito's havent been to common over her until the last few years, even then they only turn up around dusk it seems and they get the hint most of the time before they get squashed when they land on you.

Now midges on the other hand...
Ginger Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #64
Atari

Quote:
Your just jealous because you do not have your own site.
I’m not normally arrogant, but you're a special case. I do have my own site thanks muchly, and I get more hits than you've had on your video in a few days.

I'm glad you don't need my clicks, and I wouldn't assume that all the people that have viewed your video liked it.
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #65
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
That's a forum, not a website, this is a website (spam).

SoBe Green, no according to me we should not swat mosquitoes after they bite.

Last edited by Zydell; 10-01-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #66
~kev~
pmagnvs

This whole conversation is not about bugs, or snakes or anything else like that. People were offended that I killed a snake. That I killed another living creature - that is why everyone is offended.

I say its a double standard to be offended. If someone steps on a bug, they did the same thing as I did. If someone swats a Mosquito, its the same thing. And the list goes on and on - Roaches, mice, rats, birds......

How many people here have ever called animal control on a stray dog or cat? That dog or cat was destroyed @48+ hours later. But thats ok. Its ok because you did not see the animal die, nor did you kill it - someone else did the dirty dead. And most people are ok with "other people" doing the killin, as long as you dont know about or see it.

The difference in this snake, or a cat or dog being put down - you saw the snake die!!!! Dogs and cats are destroyed every day because no one wants them. The snake was put down because it was poisonous. Go down to the local pound and adopt every dog and cat, save the world if you must. But I promise all you one thing - the next poisonous snake I see will meet the same fate as this one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
That's a forum, not a website, this is a website (spam).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website

Quote:
A website (alternatively, Web site or web site) is a collection of Web pages, images, videos or other digital assets that is hosted on one or several Web server(s), usually accessible via the Internet, cell phone or a LAN.
A forum, by definition is a website. It a collection of pages, images and videos. My website has all of the above - pages, a picture gallery and streaming video.

Last edited by ~kev~; 10-01-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #67
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

You actively searched for an animal, only to kill it for fun.

And that is something different from shooting an animal for food, because if you don't it will bite you. If there is a difference between killing a mosquito and killing a human being then you should ask yourself what that difference is based on.

Fine ~kev~, that's a website — just tell me why I should be jealous now (I can read a install.txt and install a forum too, I can pay a few bucks per year for hosting too).

edit

Come to think of it, actually I'm still not convinced that you have a website, a forum does not consist of pages; it consists of thread overviews and threads.

Last edited by Zydell; 10-01-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #68
~kev~
pmagnvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
You actively searched for an animal, only to kill it for fun.
And that is something different from shooting an animal for food, because if you don't it will bite you. If there is a difference between killing a mosquito and killing a human being then you should ask yourself what that difference is based on.
But its ok for the local pound (animal control) to kill dogs or cats because no one wants them? - you dont have to answer that question, its just food for thought.

I did not hunt that animal down - I almost stepped on it while walking around. I did not "search" for that snake. Our paths crossed by accident.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #69
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Quote:
But its ok for the local pound (animal control) to kill dogs or cats because no one wants them? - you dont have to answer that question, its just food for thought.

I did not hunt that animal down - I almost stepped on it while walking around. I did not "search" for that snake. Our paths crossed by accident.
And you couldn't possibly get out of the way; no it was completely impossible to get by that snake without killing it. From the looks of the video it just looks like shooting an animal for fun and not because you are in danger at all.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #70
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
I saw a Shark once when I was out sailing, guess I should have killed it.
Ginger Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #71
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

No thats not a good example.

If you had fallen off your boat and saw a shark swimming around and were armed are you going to wait to see if he will come after you or will you attempt to take it out? I mean you could just swim away from it. Most sharks don't attack but some do. It would just be horrible if you shot that shark.

If a hunter is in a tree stand and he spots a snake on the ground he isn't going to shoot it. Just like you were in your boat and the shark was in the water. Snakes are fast and I've had one chase after me because I stepped on it. I ran to the shop, grabbed a shovel, and I chopped his little head off.

When I was younger I grew up around chicken houses. You HAVE to kill any snake you see there. If people didn't do that you guys might have had one less chicken sandwich.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #72
Christian

Class/Position: O
Gametype: CTF
Send a message via MSN to Christian

You're not making any sense...

Snake: *minding it's own business*
Dude: I'm bored, let's shoot a snake!
Snake: *minding it's own business*
Dude: *shoots at snake*
Snake: Holy shit, time to split!
Dude: OMFG, IT'S RUNNING AWAY, I'M IN DANGER!! *KABLAM*

Later that day, Dude realizes his mistakes as he eventually gets his head out of his ass.

Dude: I was wrong, and I am sorry for being such a hypocrite. *KABLAM*
Snake: lol conc nub
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #73
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Yeah, reminds me of Southpark:

— Random creature is minding it’s own business —
Random redneck: “Oh my god it’s coming right for us!!! KLABAM!!”

Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #74
YomMamasHouse

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Reminds me of Jimbo and Ned from South Park, "ITS COMING RIGHT AT US" BLAM

EDIT damn beat me to it Zydell
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #75
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
They didn't track it down. As far as I can tell they found it on their way back to the truck.
when they happened to be carrying an ak-47
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #76
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
when they happened to be carrying an ak-47
I think it was explained earlier that they were carrying a semi-auto AK replica while checking a wild hog trap. It's certainly not a stretch to believe that a weapon like that would be carried when dealing with Wild Hogs. 7.62 for them? Yep, though I'd probably be more inclined to use a high caliber pistol.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #77
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

I have to agree w/ kev: there is a double standard.

In the summer of 2003 there was a malaria outbreak in sothern florida counties during the mosquito biting season.

In 2004, the counties decided on using pesticides to prevent a future outbreak similar to that of 2003, before the mosquito season began.

If the issue is about killing living creatures, malaria is caused by infection of micro-parasites. Should the mosquitos be killed which are potential carriers? What about once the host in infected. Should the parasite be killed? There is also that possibility to killing mosquitos that are not carriers, but due to the mass pesticiding, they will be killed along with carriers. Should a more expensive method be used to handle the situation?

Obviously there are several people here who have not been bitten by a venous snake, nor have a close family member bitten by one. I grew up in a church that was surrounded by a small forest. And if you've seen kids getting bitten by one on the parking lot, and even adults, who have to be rushed to the hospital on a matter of life/death, you would not hesitate to kill the snake on spot.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote