Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 07-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #61
o_weetbix

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
the middle east doesnt need anymore bombs, they need razor blades.
o_weetbix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #62
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui
I cant actually believe you typed that. I mean, its just sick.
I agree. Just because a lot of them are extremists who hate a lot of people, doesn't mean you have to say that Osiris. Besides, no matter how ruthless it is to bomb train stations etc., nothing rivals the inhumanity of a nuke.

Nukes are gross, none should ever be fired upon other humans. Another reason why America disgusts me. You act like you're trying to keep the peace and shit, and you're the only people to ever fire a nuke with the intent to kill.

Maybe you should be getting a message from the fact that nobody wants the american troops there. Hell, I don't want the American troops there. Maybe, you should get the hell out. It's absurd even to think that they're there to help. They're there to pump lead into "terrorists".
That part in there about how the nuke was used in WWII pisses me off. It's been covered before, but if we had fought the Pacific front like we had the European front, the casualty count would have been much, much higher than it was after the nukes. The fighters didn't surrender, they all fought to the death. Imagine taking the mainland... I agree, the nuke is a terrible thing, but there was a time when it was better than standard combat.
Also, if we pull out, we're leaving an unstable country and condemning it to collapse.

That all being said, Osiris is just pissed off about what happened and a little irrational right now...
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #63
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

One thing is certain. Over 50 of our brothers in the UK lost their lives yesterday with more to come. Hundreds are injured. It is also certain that there are strong suspicions as to who did this but the investigation is still underway.

Some of you say that your teachers have told you that less than half of the Iraqi civilians support us. I have friends serving over there and know others that have served. What they report is completely different AND they feel like alot of what's being reported is fabricated or hugely puffed. What you're not hearing about is terrorists in Iraq who are identified before they can act and are attacked by the civilians. It's happening. Fact is...unless you're over there you don't know.

Don't act like this is just some poor 3rd world country who's being preyed on from a Bully from across town. There are people in Iraq who DO support what's happened and support the direction things are headed.

Time will be the greatest test and judge of all of this.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #64
o_i_like_me...shut_up

Quote:
One thing is certain. Over 50 of our brothers in the UK lost their lives yesterday with more to come. Hundreds are injured.
thats a very terible loss, but count ure blessings it could of been 10's of thousands instead (like 9/11), but still a sad loss.
o_i_like_me...shut_up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #65
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
One thing is certain. Over 50 of our brothers in the UK lost their lives yesterday with more to come. Hundreds are injured. It is also certain that there are strong suspicions as to who did this but the investigation is still underway.

Some of you say that your teachers have told you that less than half of the Iraqi civilians support us. I have friends serving over there and know others that have served. What they report is completely different AND they feel like alot of what's being reported is fabricated or hugely puffed. What you're not hearing about is terrorists in Iraq who are identified before they can act and are attacked by the civilians. It's happening. Fact is...unless you're over there you don't know.

Don't act like this is just some poor 3rd world country who's being preyed on from a Bully from across town. There are people in Iraq who DO support what's happened and support the direction things are headed.

Time will be the greatest test and judge of all of this.
In light of this, it sounds as if the Muslim community is evolving at a furious rate. Think about it: the old way of thinking, the old phobias are being destroyed. Those terrorists that are spilling in to the country are getting killed very fast, and their way of thinking and doing dies with them. Those old teachings will die with them. Think about it: the ones still alive don't have the predisposition to fight or make war. The ones that want peace are the ones supporting American troops. It may be for one reason or another, but I view it as that.

I must be out of my mind sharing this thought with you all...

o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 02:34 AM   #66
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Me...Shut_Up
Quote:
One thing is certain. Over 50 of our brothers in the UK lost their lives yesterday with more to come. Hundreds are injured.
thats a very terible loss, but count ure blessings it could of been 10's of thousands instead (like 9/11), but still a sad loss.
9/11 death toll- 2986. Not 10's of thousands. (Source: Wikipedia)

They're both unforgivable tragedies, there's no reason to ever compare the two.

And, Brooding... I agree with you. It's good to see that a lot of the old stigma about Westerners is being discovered as false by a lot of the Iraqi people, far more than the news reports.

Old 07-09-2005, 02:41 AM   #67
o_i_like_me...shut_up

woopsy my bad (have know idea where that death toll came from ).
o_i_like_me...shut_up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 02:53 AM   #68
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Me...Shut_Up
woopsy my bad (have know idea where that death toll came from ).
No worries. That was the amount of people that could have been in the building, if it hadn't been so early in the AM.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:06 AM   #69
o_sizeablessonic

It was a sad day........ As you can see an attack can happen anywere at anytime......

And still there are more undiscovered bodies in the rubble so the death toll will continue to rise.
o_sizeablessonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 06:13 AM   #70
o_sizeablessonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
If I could be the President of the US for even 10 minutes I would use the time wisely and launch enough nukes to completely wipe the middle east off of this planet. I have nothing wrong with the religion, but the extremists and weak minded fools that follow them (which is ALOT of people) need to die. I say we start a petition.

Official Petition to Nuke the fuckers in the middle east
1. Osiris

Sign away my friends... sign away.

And that is just sick. I think your the only person who's name will ever be on that petition.

In fact I think you should be banned from the forums for that remark.
In fact I have now PMed a forum leader about it.

As French Toast wrote nothing is as inhumane as a nuke.
o_sizeablessonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 11:11 AM   #71
o_osiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
Im not denying that George Bush is an idiot. The "war on terrorism" is effecting the entire world in both economic and damage being delt upon the middle east is huge. Sending the troops into Iraq to engage the terrorists has not even hindered their ability to coordinate attacks against countries (as was saw today in London), the only effect of these attacks is the loss of life of the soldiers and civilians of the country. BUT, the soldiers are there to help, the government may have different goals but the actual soldiers on the frontline have a desire to help the country, what do they get in return? They get their choppers shot down, they get blown up by landmines, they get shot at by a large percentage of the population. My history and Current events teacher told me that it is estimated at under half of the country of Iraq actually supports the American presence. The terrorists arent the only ones these soldiers must remain in conflict with, yet they are attacked daily by the armed civilians of all ages who have no desire for the help being offered. There has to be a better way to stop the terrorism in that country than to sacrifice the lives of the soldiers sent into that country to give help to those who dont desire it. The terrorist control over the general population is huge, and their ability to control the minds of nearly anyone makes all people within their grasp a threat. I watched a documentary once about a dedicated catholic who within months, was converted into a muslim extremist by one man. He ended up blowing himself in a public area. Nuking is extreme, I know this, but something must be done to stop these people without sending American citizens into a warzone for practically no benefit. Last of all, incase you didnt realise, my previous post was not serious. I am not an American, nor do I support the war they are waging on the middle east. Almost all of my friends are FROM the middle east, and follow the religions from their. It is not the people I have a problem with, it is the terrorist control of the minds of the general population of Iraq.

EDIT: Sorry that I offended you with my previous post
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #72
o_weetbix

im thinking of making a anti-terrorist-terrorists website forum soon..

maybe if we get a big enought group together we could fight terrorism with terrorism =) ..

any suggestions of what to call this new anti-terrorist-terrorists group...

(?) vs (al Queada)

Old 07-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #73
o_osiris

Quote:
(Humans) vs (al Queada)
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #74
o_weetbix

i guess the fact that all of al Queada is inbred makes them inhuman

maybe
(al Bundy) vs (al Queada) lol

Old 07-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #75
o_simmadown

al-lotta-vagina (Austin Powers) vs. Al Queada

-Simma Down
o_simmadown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #76
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
And, Brooding... I agree with you. It's good to see that a lot of the old stigma about Westerners is being discovered as false by a lot of the Iraqi people, far more than the news reports.
Catching up with this thread something occurred to me. A parallel if you will. During the Cold War there was quite alot of misinformation that was propogated amongst the Soviet people. I don't know that all of the misconceptions have ever been dispelled but I know a few people who used to live behind the Iron Curtain and there was quite alot they were surprised to learn was not true.

Here is a real problem with Terrorism. The people who teach and perpetuate the culture of hate...that turn children into suicide bombers are NEVER the one's performing the actions. Thus, there are there to continually recruit. So long as the old guard lives, they will continue to train and recruit.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #77
o_neoro

I'm sure
Quote:
there was quite alot of misinformation that was propogated amongst the
American people too.
o_neoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #78
o_simmadown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoro
I'm sure
Quote:
there was quite alot of misinformation that was propogated amongst the
American people too.
Yes, but we have a free press. More so than any country. I remember there was some incident where Prince Charles was suspected of being in bed with a man or something, and the British government ordered the silence of British news agencies. That struck me as amazing. I always think of how much Brits and U.S. are alike, but that would not, could not, ever happen in the U.S. Patriot act or not.

Our press does get it wrong from time to time. Newsweek got 15 people killed in the mideast for false reporting. But it is a system that corrects itself. The other news agencies check each other. Newsweek's gaff was widely reported, and they retracted the story. Granted, the dead could not be resurected, but the facts did come out.

Free Press - They make plenty of mistakes, but eventually the facts get out. Sometimes in diproportionate quantities: more liberal spin than straight facts. But usually, somewhere, some source has the straight facts.

-Simma

Old 07-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #79
o_ginger lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmadown
Yes, but we have a free press. More so than any country. I remember there was some incident where Prince Charles was suspected of being in bed with a man or something, and the British government ordered the silence of British news agencies. That struck me as amazing. I always think of how much Brits and U.S. are alike, but that would not, could not, ever happen in the U.S. Patriot act or not.
But I hear the US Government has banned images of US Coffins from Iraq being shown in the media? They did at some point if they do now. Here in the UK every plane home that had dead soldiers on it was shown on the news, with military ceremony etc.
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #80
o_simmadown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
But I hear the US Government has banned images of US Coffins from Iraq being shown in the media? They did at some point if they do now. Here in the UK every plane home that had dead soldiers on it was shown on the news, with military ceremony etc.
They didn't ban the images, they simply didn't release them to the press. The images were government property. A government not releasing images that are its own property, is a far cry from ordering the press to behave in a certain manner.

They eventually did release the images to the press, stating that initially withholding of the images was the result of a 1991 policy. The policy at the time claimed to protect families of members of the military.

-Simma