Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #61
YomMamasHouse

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Scuzzy there are more defenses of Gay rights than the fact that they are born Gay, that isn't the sole defense, because just like it, pedophilia isn't a choice either. That defense was one that popped up when assholes started accusing gays of choosing their homosexuality. The main defense that I am sure most Gay rights representatives/defenders would also say is that it is completely harmless. The only harm inflicted is self inflicted by bigoted asswads who have some sort of hatred towards homosexuals.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #62
YomMamasHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
pretty weak reply. basically a "i'm gay and don't tread on me" one. i awknowledged the ratio 'aint great, but you know yourself better than anyone the scene and how many partners people have. it's not the same and you know it. don't be coy or play victim. whether or not that should be a factor is a different story. but the numbers are not the same.
It may not have been a long reply but it was a good point. Saying that are commitment problems with gays and using it as a possible reason against their union is stupid, the divorce rate is upwards of 50% right now and the number of unsuccessful heterosexual relationships that don't make it to marriage is even greater. Im not sure you are in a position to be judging whether or not homosexual relationships are more stable or not than heterosexual ones so it is hard for us to take you remotely seriously when you say stuff like that. It especially doesn't help when you make petty comments about Silver Fox being an angry gay and making that the basis of hsi reply.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #63
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse
It especially doesn't help when you make petty comments about Silver Fox being an angry gay and making that the basis of hsi reply.
Besides, he's an angry furry. That's a completely different thing. d:

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #64
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I'm just tired of bigots who have no idea what they're talking about going on about how homosexuality is wrong and should be banned. Sure it's not natural. And since marriage is supposed to be a Christian thing, why is there still interracial marriage? Why aren't we still raiding camps and towns and forcing the women into marriage? That's what God demanded.

The common reply to this is that times change and that's no longer acceptable in our society. So why is it that a consentual joining between two adults should be wrong? Call it a civil union on paper or in general speech, ignore the other definition of marriage (to join two things together in harmony, which ppc wouldn't know about obviously).

PPC, I'm not going to deny that there's higher social problems in the homosexual community. However, using that as a sole basis...

"Hello? Kettle? This is the pot. YOU ARE BLACK!"

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #65
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Since when is Christianity against marrying between races? I think you're mixing your own pet prejudices.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #66
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Since when is Christianity against marrying between races? I think you're mixing your own pet prejudices.
Ditto... I never heard Jesus* say, "Don't marry them there peoples of the wrong color!"
* - Disclaimer: Scuzzy accepts no responsibility for other forum members issues with their Gods or lack of Gods. The use of Jesus in this context refers to the God known as Jesus Christ as part of the Holy Christian Trinity. The reference to this Jesus is presented without warranty, express or implied. Descriptions and use of the word Jesus in this message are based soley on a matter of faith and this post does not represent to prove or disprove the existence of any God, Jesus or otherwise. This post is not meant to express the opinions of Jesus, but rather just what Scuzzy has heard Jesus has said.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #67
YomMamasHouse

Z you are starting to go down hill here. I don't think you can accuse Christianity of having any racial prejudices. As well, marriage isn't just Christian, they may have been the ones who placed the most emphasis on monogamy at first but every other culture has marriage.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #68
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse
Z you are starting to go down hill here. I don't think you can accuse Christianity of having any racial prejudices. As well, marriage isn't just Christian, they may have been the ones who placed the most emphasis on monogamy at first but every other culture has marriage.
Wow...just wow. Can you not see the post to which he was responding? Do you perhaps have either myself or Silver Fox on ignore?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #69
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

I'm not stating that Christianity was against it, however, seeing as interracial marriages were once banned, that was my point.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #70
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
I'm not stating that Christianity was against it, however, seeing as interracial marriages were once banned, that was my point.
At this time Silver Fox two men(or women) can write up a joint ownership contract for personal property, create wills that leave everything to one another, set up their medical records to be released to one another, etc. There are no legal matters that gay individuals can not already overcome. The only issue you have is that not ever single employer gives gay contracted individuals benefits.

If no one got benefits at work, this problem would be solved, would it not?

Scuzzy

Old 09-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #71
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
The only reason schools are now calling Christmas break Holiday break is to keep atheists and the ACLU from suing them. It's not as if times changed.
I said nothing about Christmas break. Atheists and other non-Christians celebrate Christmas as well. All the gifts, none of the Jesus.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #72
halo

And before it was Christmas it was Yule in pagan Northern Europe and Dies Natalis Solis Invicti in Rome both of which basically shaped the way we celebrate it these days. It's not so different to what it was before Christ was ever born, just another deity superimposed on top for everyone to not think about while they get blind drunk, put on weight and blow all their money.
halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #73
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
I said nothing about Christmas break. Atheists and other non-Christians celebrate Christmas as well. All the gifts, none of the Jesus.
I don't celebrate Christmas, I celebrate Winter Solstice.

Between a pagan festival on the shortest day of the year and Jesus McJesus' birthday, I'll take the pagans. At least they know how to throw a good party.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #74
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
At this time Silver Fox two men(or women) can write up a joint ownership contract for personal property, create wills that leave everything to one another, set up their medical records to be released to one another, etc. There are no legal matters that gay individuals can not already overcome.
Even allowing that this is true*, why should same-sex partners have to go through extensive legal wrangling to obtain all the legal rights and benefits that opposite-sex partners recieve through marriage?

* It is not true. "For instance, a heterosexual US citizen who marries a foreign partner immediately qualifies to bring that person to the United States, while long-term gay and lesbian binational partners who have spent decades together are denied the same rights, forcing foreign gay partners to seek expensive temporary employer or school-sponsored visas or face separation." - wikipedia article on Same-sex marriage

Last edited by ekiM; 09-02-2007 at 08:48 PM.
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #75
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
why should same-sex partners have to go through extensive legal wrangling to obtain all the legal rights and benefits that opposite-sex partners recieve through marriage?
For the same reasons as plural marriage partners I would imagine.

Scuzzy

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #76
halo

That's not an answer to his question, it's completely beside the point. Do you ever answer questions straight?
halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #77
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

As long as I can have a civil union with my partner then, I'm happy.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #78
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
As long as I can have a civil union with my partner then, I'm happy.
I would have no problem with that.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:46 AM   #79
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
At this time Silver Fox two men(or women) can write up a joint ownership contract for personal property, create wills that leave everything to one another, set up their medical records to be released to one another, etc. There are no legal matters that gay individuals can not already overcome. The only issue you have is that not ever single employer gives gay contracted individuals benefits.
Yeah, except for... ya know, all of those legal benefits given to husbands/wives that are not afforded via civil unions, like automatic power of attorney (i.e. the right to pull the plug if your spouse is in a vegatative state, etc.).

Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #80
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
That's not an answer to his question, it's completely beside the point. Do you ever answer questions straight?
Is that a pun? It is an answer, and an accurate one. Perhaps you "failed to understand it." Are you going to answer my points on plural marriage (two men two women)?