Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 06-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #61
o_ohcanep

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Just to make sure, enemies are not meant to be able to use that corridor, if that's what you mean. They're gonna test it, what?
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #62
o_sensai

yeah, if that extra corridor was added, I would only allow the team to use it, and have the opposing team insta-gibbed if they tried to enter.
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #63
o_uncle-argon

Looking at it again, it would really benefit def to have the resup more accessible when holding the flag at the end of the water. Guess that might redress the balance a bit?
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #64
o_loader

By "I am the best at that map" do you meen it's YOUR personal best map, or you are better than everyone else?
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #65
o_exr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
I find that jump rather pointless so I don't care if it is easier or harder :P
most would think it's pointless until cheese and fainraven do it against you EVERY SINGLE TIME WITHOUT MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
o_exr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 10:03 PM   #66
o_sensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-Argon
Looking at it again, it would really benefit def to have the resup more accessible when holding the flag at the end of the water. Guess that might redress the balance a bit?
by the time its at the end of water, you're probably not going to hold the flag. now i'm really against the tunnel going straight to midmap. it just keeps sounding worse and worse ;\
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 10:21 PM   #67
o_foxtrick

TFC never really tried what I would call 'mini resuppplys' (if it was even possible heh), like a bag that spawns in a small crevice(sp?) down the tunnel that spawns every 30 secs or something. Then again it's just going to cause problems, its too easy for offy to let off a gren by 'mistake' as they leave the water route and kill the enemy flag carrier. Maybe modify the exit point of the FR resup to one closer to the midmap - ie a rear exit that leads to a battlement turret, thus leaving defence to control the FR and waterway completely and avoiding to much spam with friendly offy getting killed(as we all know heh) or interfereing in enemy offy.
o_foxtrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #68
o_alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tercel
is that the reason?

i thought it was because of your wallhacks/aimbot/anticonc/bhop.dll

then again its probably just because you're so damn good

imo ofire layout is fine
my god i loss count on how many times you lost to me
oh and, there is no such thing as a bhop.dll - in opengl mode, opengl32.dll are only allowed. I bless you with my hand
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #69
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrick
TFC never really tried what I would call 'mini resuppplys' (if it was even possible heh), like a bag that spawns in a small crevice(sp?) down the tunnel that spawns every 30 secs or something.
Tons of TFC maps have these, what're you talking about?

Old 06-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #70
o_afx

In all honesty im not sure i'd change it at all, Not that Openfire for tfc is perfectly balanced, but it is the most popular map in clan games, and who's to say how it will play in FF anyway. Redesigning it with tfc's problems in mind wont neccessarily be whats needed.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #71
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Firstly, I love the theme you're going with from what we've seen so far. Keep at it. Could be slightly brighter, sure.

Please let the player clip through anything that stick out of a wall or celing. So any light fixtures or whatever, they shouldn't block a player. The girders in the screenshot we've seen, it'd be nice if you could clip through those. I can't see quite in the screenshot but it looks like the water tunnel has a flat roof - this is great. It was incredibly annoying to hit the "wall brackets" mid conc in TFC.

It looks like the pit is a bit wider in the screenshot than it was in TFC. Maybe this is just the perspective though. In TFC it was possible to jump from one side of the pit to the other by landing on the "sloped bits" near the balc/spawn side. It'd be cool if you kept some sort of ledge or protrusion or something that could be jumped across with a little effort. Partly so offence can avoid the water if flag is there, partly because it was just a cool move to use.

I'm not sure about the offence exit idea but I think it could work. One idea I thought could be cool was if the offy exit had a push entity that pushed you along a tunnel and you came shooting out above the main water exit with enough force to curve onto the ground and keep hopping into the base. Or maybe it just pushes you to there (above water) then you can jump out over to where the ladder comes up to.

I assume that since you're keeping the layout similar there will still be two respawns. This introduces a fair bit of luck in clan matches if the flag room needs a defender right away then it can be a coinflip with where he spawns whether a flag gets capped or not. This isn't a good thing. So maybe there could be a teleporter between the two spawns (like on mulch trench). This also means if the flag is in water and getting spammed then the offence can go out balcony more easily instead.

The corridor from front door to button would be better if it didn't have that weird roof that is quite low then suddenly curves up. I'm not sure what to do with that though.

Respawn rooms are annoying with the different bags and so on. Just simplify it so you pick up one bag or walk over something to get fully restocked health/armor/ammo.

No gren bags.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #72
o_own3r

Could the walkway on the right of this picture be made wider, so that it would make a better sg position for defence.

o_own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2006, 03:52 AM   #73
o_tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator
my god i loss count on how many times you lost to me
oh and, there is no such thing as a bhop.dll - in opengl mode, opengl32.dll are only allowed. I bless you with my hand
thankfully your experience with hacking will enlighten us all so hopefully one day we can all strive to be the biggest homosexual internet character possible
o_tercel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #74
o_player

What things can you do with the LUA? If you can decide which classes spawn where, then all you have to do to prevent offence from spawning at the water route is to make all offence-type classes to spawn at the battlements spawn. Simple as that.

And Tercel, quit annoying the hacker, it has forced one thread to be locked in the past; we don't want this one to be locked too.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #75
o_loader

OWn3r, I've played TFC for a few years and not once have I seen an SG there.
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #76
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
wouldn't do shit there. by the time the SG has locked on, the target will have already passed.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #77
o_player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouPi
We are bored of dark's maps...
I like dark maps; At the moment, however, Openfire needs some more lights around the place, especially more ambient lighting because it looks desaturated of colour.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #78
o_afx

One thing i will say, i dont like those little metal framework support things, It'd probably look better if you just did away with them all together.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2006, 04:47 AM   #79
o_balls

i think what i would do is keep it as close to the original as posible. I would swap the ladder in the water exit to an air lift too.
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 AM   #80
o_norris

airlift???!?! seriously airlifts are the most frustrating thing in tfc to me. I always have badluck getting up on alchimy, stow2 or destroy...

Btw the idea to link balcony and Respawn (water) area seams to be not bad at all but it's going to be useless for an defense engi to set up a sentry gun near the lasers. maybe try this solution:

you could even strafejump on top of the ladder. doesn't need that much of time imo
o_norris is offline   Reply With Quote