Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM   #41
o_spud

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Rather nice indeed I must say!

Was expecting something rectangular to be honest but I can get used to this.

As for the glow effect, this will behave in a similar manner to the HL2 handgrenade I take it?
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #42
o_ghost

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I like the fact that they aren't just copying the way the weapons looked from TFC. I'm a guy who likes a certain degree of change and am just loving all the new models. I tried customizing my weapons for TFC but never really liked how any of them looked since most of them weren't as polished as the ones that came with TFC.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 12:29 AM   #43
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtoofa
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisteh
qwtf conc was round wasnt it? if it moves anything like that, it'll just bounce along the ground rather than roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistdragoN
looks nice, but looks like it will roll about more than a green rectangle outide the fd of sd2 :E
you blokes should read :P I just mentioned that we can make the grenade behave however we want, regardless of the shape of the model So, you can bet it will "slide" in a manner very similar to the TFC conc.
Dude, a ball doesnt "slide", it would look completly silly imo.

If you want it to slide, it needs to have a shape that can slide. You can't just make it behave like a rectangle if what we see is a ball...

I like this conc model, but it needs to roll and bounce. If it slides, it needs to be more like the old conc model.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I would vote for the old model so that it slides. Rolling concs would get annoying for exemple if you throw it on a ramp. And a ball doesnt stop rolling fast enough imo.

I'd love to see another conc model looking more like the old one so we can compare both side to side.

edit: the glowing is fookin nice
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 01:09 AM   #44
o_binarylife

you can have it lose momentum any time you want, it can roll down a ramp and then stop, or roll up a ramp and stop.

conc tactis may change a tad, but remember the original purpose of the grenade was to be just a grenade. Conc jumping is something us players decided to do. This conc will be made and we'll find out how to jump with it
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 02:16 AM   #45
o_reverie

One of my favorite progress shots so far. Everything about it is spot-on. Great job!
o_reverie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 04:03 AM   #46
o_sobe green

H Double You I choose YOU!

heh I got bored.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 06:55 AM   #47
o_jerm

looking good guys,

My only fault so far is that it might blend in too well with the ground in some of the maps. While the old conc had the bright green texture so it was easy to see where it's gone while doing a drop conc or something. Spose it wouldnt matter for hh's.

Also to the people complaining about it not sliding. Like BinaryLife said the original purpose of the conc was to affect the opposition, Not to make you fly through the air. Maybe just maybe you're going to have to re adjust to this new tf. Im a cs'er aswell and when cs:s came out i had to re adjust for that. And that was just the same game with pretty graphics and physics. This is a new game, based on an old game. So it wont be the same thing again.

Maybe the conc could be a heavy grenade, this way it wouldnt roll so far unless it was on a hill and created momentum. In my opinion if the physics are there dont make the conc throw be a pathetic slide when it can roll and bounce.

Jerm
o_jerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 09:42 AM   #48
o_lillbrorsan

_O M G_

*drools*
o_lillbrorsan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 09:58 AM   #49
o_]l[-rare

will it spin like a top when thrown?
o_]l[-rare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 10:01 AM   #50
o_thedarkone

Quote:
L[-RaRe]will it spin like a top when thrown?
that would be really neat- if they acted like they had gyroscopes in them when bouncing :P
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 10:07 AM   #51
o_jerm

Like I said in another thread about taunting, Why do you need such a thing? The grenade is used as a grenade not a spinning top, everything has it's purpose, a spinning conc doesnt, a conc does

Old 01-31-2005, 10:22 AM   #52
o_thedarkone

In that case, why should the original TFC conc have any shading at all when a flat-textured green would be just as functional?

and that metal clip looks might superfluous!
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #53
o_thefinn

What are the effects going to be on a person who is conced? I'm assuming it will be an upgrade from the "I'm dizzy" effect in TFC, maybe with some blindness/deafness thrown in for fun.
o_thefinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #54
o_carwash

hopefully you'll still be able to walk properly ... not like in ETF , when you're conced you walk like you're drunk.
o_carwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 08:02 PM   #55
o_jerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkOne
In that case, why should the original TFC conc have any shading at all when a flat-textured green would be just as functional?

thats a skin, a skin is alot easier to make than a realistic looking spinning top. The skin also makes the game look nicer, bringing more people into the various communities. During a clan match, you aint going to notice a conc that is spinning around in circles along the ground

Old 01-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #56
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkOne

That metal clip is how you hold it it's just like one of them curlingdisks you send away gliding just like a concgrenade slides:

o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 09:30 PM   #57
o_binarylife

He was being sarcastic.

His point being that design is meant for show and enjoyment. The conc looks great, and it functions. If it spins, then it looks great, spins and it function...awsome.

Basically, some amount of artisitic style is going to be implimented in everything. If these guys weren't artists in some way, I don't think I'd want them coding it. All of them are expressing themselvs through the models, and even in the game play. That's why you know this mod will be great.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 04:38 AM   #58
o_footlong

it may seem odd but this great looking model reminds of the "Infusion Transfunctioner" or whatever it may have been called from that horrible "Dude where's my car?" movie.....just the glowing center is strikingly similar. All in all, a great looking model but I do wonder whether the model will truly "glow"(fluctuate in light level) or will the center section of the conc simply be that light yellow color?

P.S. Is there a <center> tag within these forums, as you can see below I simply copied over my sig from a different board where my sig and quote were centered. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
o_footlong is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 04:43 AM   #59
o_anthraxium[wu]

the continuium transfunctioner?
o_anthraxium[wu] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #60
o_silver

dude!
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote