Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #41
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
And pyro weapons by nature are just very rage inducing. After burn is just such a nagging and undeserved bonus in my eyes. Idk it's kind of hard to explain, but it's just one of those things that, when it happens, I'm just instantly sour about it. Especially in a small player setting where there's less people to deal with the pyro. And it just makes me want to play less sometimes.
I kill myself the second someone gets a lvl 3 burn, or if I know the after burn is going to kill me. Simply because its so faggy and easy, I don't feel you deserve that point on you're kill stats. =P

and D pyro is by far the biggest ass wart you could ever experience.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #42
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D - Engy/Demo
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Affiliations: rQ
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Send a message via AIM to Atreuce Send a message via Yahoo to Atreuce Send a message via Skype™ to Atreuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
Idk it's kind of hard to explain, but it's just one of those things that, when it happens, I'm just instantly sour about it. Especially in a small player setting where there's less people to deal with the pyro. And it just makes me want to play less sometimes.
I completely feel you there... They're some people who play that when they log into the server you can 95% guess what class they are about to pick. I don't know if they think they are just 'good' at it, but it's infuriating when you have three or four players on a server, and one is a sniper, and the other a pyro.

In before "I play how I want". Yea, play how you want. It's your internet, your PC, your time... but you're still a douchebag, and should know better!

btw: Welcome to the 'community' FDA. See you in game later so you can toast my face.
Atreuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #43
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreuce View Post
...and one is a sniper...
Yeah that's the other one I really hate. If you're sniper without any counter sniper, unless I'm concing across the map I may as well just sit in spawn all day. I often wonder how one can have the audacity to play such a (small pub) shutout class in a game you like, that you know the population is limited for. Sometimes I'm scared for the next new guy that might leave, not because the pub is to small, but because it's being dominated by a singular sniper.

Those things bug me, but I just grin and bear it.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #44
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D - Engy/Demo
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Affiliations: rQ
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Send a message via AIM to Atreuce Send a message via Yahoo to Atreuce Send a message via Skype™ to Atreuce
If Trailer is playing, we usually just troll them until they switch class. Two spies after one sniper seems to do the trick.
Atreuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #45
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
D pyro only works on certain parts of certain maps, because the pyro doesn't have any stopping power. If you can get into an enclosed space and the other team is all scouts or slow moving classes, it works. But otherwise, it's not very effective. I have no issue with pyro on offense. It's a pretty fast class that has a lot of fire power if you use it correctly.

As for snipers, O snipers in small games annoy me far more than D snipers in small games. In the time that a single scout can go into the base 3 times, the O sniper has made his way from your base to the enemy base, hung out at the front door, and slowly crept inside. At this point, they may actually kill a single defender who is near the front door. But usually, they just die without doing anything useful.

Last edited by Agent Buckshot Moose; 12-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote