Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #41
o_frenchtoast

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc
As much as I'd love to see FF in 2006, I think it will be MID-LATE 2007 REALISTICALLY before FF is out publicly.
Proper nouns and beginnings of sentences get capitalized, not whole words.

Also, your opinion means shit.

Quote:
once again, I say 06 is over with, I'm not a wagering man ( against my morals to WIN money from someone ), but I feel very confident betting AGAINST your word of '06 release.
It's not my word of '06, it's the majority of the dev team. And again, they're a bit better informed than you.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #42
o_duranaki

no way

I know this thread is ripe with posts about this game not being out in '06 but I just couldn't not add my hearty agreement.

I remember the "Beta in August" talk and checking the site daily to see what was going on. Nothing. There is no beta. No estimate for completion. No news posts in two months. Developer blogs a month old at the newest.

At this point I'm trying to decide if it will even go into beta before TF2 is released (and if not, I think they'll lose a ton of potential players/voters in '07).

But I don't care anymore. I started playing Dystopia.
o_duranaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #43
o_cr0c0dile

Release the mod first, then ill play it then Ill have an opinion on it. Right now I have no opinion about this mod and its dishonest to vote for it.
o_cr0c0dile is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #44
o_uncle-argon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranaki
I know this thread is ripe with posts about this game not being out in '06 but I just couldn't not add my hearty agreement.

I remember the "Beta in August" talk and checking the site daily to see what was going on. Nothing. There is no beta. No estimate for completion. No news posts in two months. Developer blogs a month old at the newest.

At this point I'm trying to decide if it will even go into beta before TF2 is released (and if not, I think they'll lose a ton of potential players/voters in '07).

But I don't care anymore. I started playing Dystopia.
A lot of people seem to have this opinion. So, just to clarify things:

A closed beta has been underway for some time now and they've said that they won't be releasing a full public beta at all; the first public release will be the completed game. As for estimated release dates, a number of dev members recently (as in a couple of days ago) said they were optimistic that the game was on course to be released in 2006. The lack of updates is because there isn't an awful lot to report; the devs are making progress and are gradually completing the remaining tasks. This suggests to me that the game is close to completion and will be released in the next couple of months.

I think it would be in the devs best interest to make a news post on the main site basically explaining how everything is going and what remains to be completed. If anything, it would let the people who don't look regularly at the forums that the devs are still alive and that the game is progressing rather than stagnating.
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #45
o_johnnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-Argon
A lot of people seem to have this opinion. So, just to clarify things:

A closed beta has been underway for some time now and they've said that they won't be releasing a full public beta at all; the first public release will be the completed game. As for estimated release dates, a number of dev members recently (as in a couple of days ago) said they were optimistic that the game was on course to be released in 2006. The lack of updates is because there isn't an awful lot to report; the devs are making progress and are gradually completing the remaining tasks. This suggests to me that the game is close to completion and will be released in the next couple of months.

I think it would be in the devs best interest to make a news post on the main site basically explaining how everything is going and what remains to be completed. If anything, it would let the people who don't look regularly at the forums that the devs are still alive and that the game is progressing rather than stagnating.
lol...... Sorry, can't stop from laughing, you say the dev's say the mod is on course for 2006 then a sentance later you say in the next couple months.... which one is it?

IT AIN'T COMING OUT IN 06. QUOTE ME. I DON't CARE what the DEV's TELL YOU, it's not coming out in 06.
o_johnnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #46
o_frenchtoast

Geez you stupid fuck. He said the devs say an '06 release, he says '07. Please learn to read before you start forming your opinions.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #47
o_tennovan

I know that they are pushing for a 2006 release and I started to get optimistic again but then I saw the thread about job openings. A push for a 2006 release will probably end up being Q1 2007 I think. Besides, didn't TF2 get delayed as well?

Regardless, I voted.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #48
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
lol...... Sorry, can't stop from laughing, you say the dev's say the mod is on course for 2006 then a sentance later you say in the next couple months.... which one is it?

IT AIN'T COMING OUT IN 06. QUOTE ME. I DON't CARE what the DEV's TELL YOU, it's not coming out in 06.
i thought someone guessed your password? or was that some moronic attempt to cover up?

Old 11-18-2006, 12:04 AM   #49
o_vampiricus

Quote:

I AIN'T COMING OUT IN 06. QUOTE ME. I DON't CARE what the DEV's TELL YOU, i'm not coming out in 06.
well you go ahead and take your time then. thats quite alright :P
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #50
o_johnnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricuS
well you go ahead and take your time then. thats quite alright :P
lol....... ur cute, what's your phone number? Wanna go for coffee?

yea someone guessed my password, I changed it to something more complex this time
o_johnnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 01:02 AM   #51
o_tyrus

Although I did vote for this game, another thing makes me not want to. Simply the lack of updates and the failure to keep the community happy. All problems start small. Hopefully they don't snowball bigger making their lack of attention to the community worse....
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 01:31 AM   #52
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

how can you give updates on bug squashing?

one was squashed for the pyro the other day... that one was rather funny

Old 11-18-2006, 01:32 AM   #53
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
They could take pictures of things that aren't bugs. Like... HWGuys.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:40 AM   #54
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

well technically, the medic cry i posted elsewhere was in fact a sound i submitted just before that thread popped up, but it was turned down, so i uploaded it.

Old 11-18-2006, 05:08 AM   #55
o_psycnet

Blah blah stop complaining about updates blah blah blah there was a beta blah blah blah you're assholes yadda yadda

Yeah you guys know the diatribe
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #56
o_uncle-argon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Geez you stupid fuck. He said the devs say an '06 release, he says '07. Please learn to read before you start forming your opinions.
Exactly.

If the devs are relatively hopeful of a 2006 release, we can at least expect it to be finished very early on in 2007. Who cares if it's released at the back end of December or sometime in January? The point is that the game is getting close to completion and, from what we know, we should be getting our hands on it sometime in the next couple of months. It's obviously impossible to predict with any certainly, but I can't imagine why the devs would say 2006 if they thought it was going to take another 6 months.

Anyway, the release date is immaterial: vote for it so that when it does get released, we have the best and biggest community possible.
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #57
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

look at the job openings. they're still open for a reason. and like it says, tell your friends! the faster those positions can be filled, the faster FF can be completed!

Old 11-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #58
o_dr zoidberg

Are you guys women or something??

If we can vote for it lets just do it and keave it to moddb and not complain about ff not being released yet... geez...
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 12:50 PM   #59
Decs
Retired FF Staff

Oh... oh the drama!

Old 11-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #60
o_arsenalfc

is this a joke? doesn't a mod actually have to be released to garner an award? just as ridiculous is assuming it's definitely coming out in 2006.
o_arsenalfc is offline   Reply With Quote