Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #41
o_frenchtoast

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Gimme a second, I'll look around.

EDIT: http://www.worldofmi.com/thegames/monkey5/index.php

The first part there is about it, I'll try to find more.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #42
o_frenchtoast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

That guy started it. Just read the first block, explains a lot.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #43
o_player

Hmm, I wonder what has made him think such thoughts... Feckin' idiot. It was funny to read though

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Icke
Icke has further claimed that a small group of Jews, namely the Rothschild family — who are really a "reptilian humanoid bloodline" — secretly financed Adolf Hitler and supported the Holocaust.
Haha
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #44
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Imbi, you're ignoring the statement I made and going out on a limb, and what you're saying is defeated by what I posted, with actual scientific evidence and proof. Gasp!

Then again, I'm a Bush worshipping Fascist, so I guess that I'm unable to think with the logic of a conspiracy theorist .
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #45
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Silver you're missing the point. He's suggesting that (some of) the conspiracy theorists have (in some cases) proof of what they're suggesting. Similarly, the articles you've posted have (in some cases) proof in them. What he's saying is, don't just blindly believe one or the other, feel free to be critical of them. It has nothing to do with being a Bush-worshipping fascist (way to go out on a limb, where'd you even get that?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
How can people honestly belive that things like this were the work of a government.. I meen, read the facts.. Jesus christ.
So you're saying Jesus did it? Interesting theory, let's run with it some time.

As for the facts... whose facts? Loose Change's facts? The government's facts? My neighbor's facts?

Old 08-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #46
o_loader

YAY lets start a religious argument while we are at it!

I'll start:

i don't li3k g0d lol
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #47
o_frenchtoast

Atheist for life.

But you've all heard my views on religion as well, so i'll leave again.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #48
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
YAY lets start a religious argument while we are at it!

I'll start:

i don't li3k g0d lol
I'm not saying Jesus did it, you are! And that one cuntbag that thinks 9/11 was God striking back for gays and whatever else the he could come up with.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #49
o_uber

All conspiracy theorist have a blatant disregard for facts. They substitute reality for their own. Shame.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #50
o_captain_cadaver

Every time there is a disaster, there is a conspiracy that follows. Just like how Katrina was caused by the eskimo mafia. Truth in the mind is merely an opinion.
o_captain_cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 02:40 AM   #51
o_yomamashouse

Quote:
Imbi, you're ignoring the statement I made and going out on a limb, and what you're saying is defeated by what I posted, with actual scientific evidence and proof. Gasp!

Then again, I'm a Bush worshipping Fascist, so I guess that I'm unable to think with the logic of a conspiracy theorist .
Lol look lol at lol the lol facts..... LOL

But hey, im just serving out some justice, one chat forum at a time.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 02:51 AM   #52
o_qwertyuiop

I don't feel like reading the thread, but from the looks of it everyone is arguing over another dumb subject. The bottom line is the myths are a load of crap.

And I'm right by the way, so don't bother arguing.
o_qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 02:54 AM   #53
o_zsilver_fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
I'm not saying Jesus did it, you are! And that one cuntbag that thinks 9/11 was God striking back for gays and whatever else the he could come up with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Old 08-07-2006, 03:50 AM   #54
o_yomamashouse

Why hasnt this man been shot yet?

Old 08-07-2006, 03:59 AM   #55
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer

or was it

wait no, it was

Damn. Maybe it was all of them?

Actually, hes criticising the Presidential office of the Executive branch of the National government of the United States. Very different from 'America'. 'America' is all of the people, the culture, the economic system, the government and more.
Hmm, I was taught that if you believe in something, stand up for it and the resulting discussion will benefit everyone. Weird. Did you grow up in a Democracy or in some sort of totalitarian state?

Oh, and the irony is that you come in and get angry and flame FT saying 'if you dont like something, ignore it'. Hilarious.
I wish I could say you're a master of assumption but you're not. More like an applicant on a waiting list. I wasn't angry when I was posting about FT nor am I now.

For the record Islam has a far longer history of Jihad or Crusades than does Christianity or Capitolism. My point was and remains that this aggression on the part of radical Islam is nothing new and to say it's "because of" any born of our age or recent past, such as the US, is to either not understand the magnitude of what's before you or to be looking for something to support your unsupportable conspiracy theory.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 04:13 AM   #56
o_zsilver_fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
Why hasnt this man been shot yet?
Be patient.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:21 AM   #57
o_yomamashouse

I thought up until now those people were just pulling this out of their asses but there actually is a passage in the Bible.... Still, those people deserve to be shot everywhere except the vital organs.(kneecaps are top priority)

Old 08-07-2006, 06:36 AM   #58
o_zsilver_fox

Kneecaps... ouch. I got rammed in one by a goat once, didn't even bruise and it HURT. Kneecap's something I can't imagine.

Wow we get off topic fast .

Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #59
o_imbrifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
What he's saying is, don't just blindly believe one or the other, feel free to be critical of them.
Thank you Circ. I feel like I'm talking with a wall.
Me: "I dont believe the theories, but I'm not going to toss them out simply because they aren't the mainstream. They have their facts, scientists and believers just like the mainstream does."
Most in this thread: "Imbrifer, you BELIEVE these theories?! That's CRAZY!"
Me: "..."

Quote:
what you're saying is defeated by what I posted, with actual scientific evidence and proof.
If you read the article, it is not scientific evidence, but people who believe the mainstream view explaining why they do not believe it. Its mostly interviews. In the interviews each person gives reasons - that it was possible for the towers to collapse because of jet fuel, for example - but these reasons are not the absolute facts of what happened, just possibilities that the interviewees are using to persuade readers to believe what they believe. There is no 'proof' here. Apologies, but nothing is 'defeated'.

Quote:
My point was and remains that this aggression on the part of radical Islam is nothing new
Agreed, it is not new. Neither is it unique to Islam, so saying Islam is the cause doesn't do anyone any good. I would posit, however, that it is worth it to ask "why did they do this?" The answer "because they are crazy radical islamists" doesn't fly because there are plenty of radical islamists who dont bomb people.

When the organizations that bomb people say 'We are doing this because you support Isreal / because you attack Iraq / because of your cultural invasion of our lands / etc' its worth it to consider their arguments. We can say "We know you are attacking us because we support Isreal, but we support Isreal regardless" or "We are attacking Iraq to defend Freedom anyway."
Just because its nothing new doesn't mean its inevitable.

Quote:
For the record Islam has a far longer history of Jihad or Crusades than does Christianity or Capitolism.
Uhh.. so Islam, from 600 AD to today has expanded its borders from the middle east to India, to Indonesia, across northern Africa, south to sub-saharan Africa, and north to the southern former USSR states. From 0AD Christianity destroyed the Roman empire, violently expanded into the rest of Europe, northern Asia, violently expanded into Africa, India, Southeast Asia, East Asia, North America, South America and Austrailia. Not only does Christianity's 'jihad'ism expand to a much larger geographic area, but it has touched much more people. Something tells me that Islam wasn't a justification for the genocide of 100 million native Americans and the colonization of Africa, India, Southeast Asia, East Asia, North and South America and more like Christianity was. I full heartedly dispute your claim that Islam is more destructive than other religions.
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #60
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Me: "I dont believe the theories, but I'm not going to toss them out simply because they aren't the mainstream. They have their facts, scientists and believers just like the mainstream does."
They don't have facts. They don't have scientists. They do have believers. One out of three just don't cut it.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote