Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
I don't see how you can maneuver through the CP3/CP4 transition.

pics or it isn't possible kthx
basically

JP at door, JP at cp1 flagspawn, JP at cp2 flagspawn

Prime conc when you hit cp1 JP, keep rampsliding up to cp2

CP2 JP will let you rampslide up the two ramps going to cp3, you want to hit the conc as you're ending the second rampslide. It'll actually throw you over the sniper nest bridge thingy.

Then you have to fall back down, rampslide the final ramp into a supertrimp and land on cp4

It is glorious, I have only done it a few times and I don't think I have it on demo yet. Might try when I get people together.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #42
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
idk if anyone mentioned this, i got sick of reading the posts.. but for me i love the laser grenade for one reason in a soldier's POV -- the laser nade tells you when someone is coming to the area you're defending via the damage indicator. so you get a warning and can predict when to shoot before they're even in sight, its honestly more useful than the nail grenade that just slows down the game and gets you lucky kills sometimes. tons of people will just cruise through your laser and take a little damage where as a nail grenade they'll just avoid it/randomly get killed.

and in an offensive pov -- its fun to avoid/funny when you think you're going to avoid it but misjudge it and totally go right through it lol.

i agree with whoever said a little bit of a damage increase would be good, itd be a little more incentive for people to maneuver around them.
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #43
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Thanks, I'm here all week.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2011, 04:43 AM   #44
talcum

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
Talos had their shit wacked out, banned a lot of people on purpose before they made the actual changes just so they'd have a reason to not have those players in their server anymore. I'm ok with that though, I don't want to be anywhere near their con-dev cunt community.
This piqued my interest. About how many people did Talos ban?

Nostromo banned me a month or two ago for -- I think-- trash talk. "I think" because Nos didn't warn or even kick. I played out the evening with him and Sky, then was banned when I tried to connect the next day. And my request for a Talos forum account has been awaiting moderator approval since then...

What disillusionment. Since most of Talos is laid back and tolerant (ahem, Skywalker), I was doubly surprised when Nos responded in this passive-aggressive and insecure way.

But if he's paying the bills on it, then whatever. I'm just curious about how many other people were banned.

I also wonder if I'm the first person to get banned on Talos but not O-T.
talcum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #45
9u-9u-9u
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demoman
Gametype: pipe spawn
Posts Rated Helpful 126 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talcum View Post
This piqued my interest. About how many people did Talos ban?

Nostromo banned me a month or two ago for -- I think-- trash talk. "I think" because Nos didn't warn or even kick. I played out the evening with him and Sky, then was banned when I tried to connect the next day. And my request for a Talos forum account has been awaiting moderator approval since then...

What disillusionment. Since most of Talos is laid back and tolerant (ahem, Skywalker), I was doubly surprised when Nos responded in this passive-aggressive and insecure way.

But if he's paying the bills on it, then whatever. I'm just curious about how many other people were banned.

I also wonder if I'm the first person to get banned on Talos but not O-T.
same thing happened to me, he banned me without saying anything about a month ago for mocking him. a permaban for some banter isn't what I'd expect on that server. hah and yeah, remarkably I'm also in that category with o-t
9u-9u-9u is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.