Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 06-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #41
Digital_Ghost

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I think some of you have missed the point...Scuzzy never posted this because he was worried this little shit can actually remove the server. he posted it because he thought it was amusing at some of the threats that little spoiled whiny kids make just to get their own way...and probably are the same ones who don't completely read and understand forum threads either. :P
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #42
Digital_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 5316 *TKZ*
I like that server... except people are starting to complain about how much I keep infecting people..

Just ignore them. People will and have complained about medics doing that since the beginning of TFC. Just tell them what i used to do, learn to get better at killing so i don't have time to get close enough to infect them.

Nowadays i just run around with a knife instead.
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #43
qui

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Posting in legendary thread.
qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #44
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
He was just showing us something funny............

I am 100% sure that Scuzzy did not think that the "ot" server was going to be shut down but he was showing us what the dumbass said. He was poking fun of someone thinking that they were going to shut the server down.

Some of you are the biggest losers I have ever met riding you high horse of "I dont care for this thread". Who gives a Royal F$#@ what thread you like or dislike. If you dont like it then dont post in it ingrates. he was merely showing us what he had received and I found it funny. How many of you post useless shit and links all of time. What gives you the right to harass him when you are the sorry SOB's that have no better time in the world but to post things against people that are sharing something they found funny with us. I wish I could print out all of these pages in this thread right now since you dislike them so much and force you to eat them up with some Ranch dressing and tobasco sauce.

I dont want to sound insensitive, but please shut the f%$# up for it is nice to still see that people are actually keeping tfc servers up so if you dont like the thread then GTFO.

toodles,

dh

Last edited by DarkeN_HellspawN; 06-07-2007 at 12:48 PM.
DarkeN_HellspawN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #45
qui

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I think I am going to state how I find Scuzzys automatic defence of "i shall condescend you to the grave and call you a little boy", quite irritating.

That said, if you dont find the thread amusing, just dont post in it.
qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #46
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Strafe jumping, etc are allowed. There are players that are unable to play without bhop and have fun. We feel bad for them, but it's their handicap and there really isn't anything we can do to help them.
It's the other way around. Not that I care what you do with your own server, but saying something like this is ridiculous. If somebody prefers a fast paced game how can you call it a handicap? Simply because you prefer a slower game?

Sounds fair
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #47
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Aim
It's the other way around. Not that I care what you do with your own server, but saying something like this is ridiculous. If somebody prefers a fast paced game how can you call it a handicap? Simply because you prefer a slower game?

Sounds fair
No, actually I believe that Scuzzy was right on point and you're missing it. If you require a certain element to be present in a game for you to enjoy it and the lack of the element makes for an experience that isn't enjoyable then, clearly, it is you that has the handicap.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #48
C-Aim
Better than Never

Bhopping is an element of TFC (even if it was accidental). Saying "If you require a certain element to be present in a game for you to enjoy ... it is you that has the handicap," is ludicirous because the entire server is based around removing a part of the game for the enjoyment of the players. If people enjoy non-bhop servers then that's fine for them, but don't turn around and say that those who like bhopping have a handicap.

(edited)

Last edited by C-Aim; 06-07-2007 at 03:09 PM.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #49
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Pot meet kettle, Kettle meet pot.

Personally I always thought that TFC was lacking an IED to balance out bhopping.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #50
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i like teabagging.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #51
zippy
rainbow flying high

Quote:
Last night we had a guy and a few of his friends enter our server last night, standing in front of respawn doors to block people, team shooting, language, etc.

We made the BIG mistake of banning them and this morning I received the following e-mail:

So, there you have it. The Old Timers Clan is going to be shut down.

Scuzzy
remove his ban and invite him back... once his on the server kick ban him calling him a tosser its what id do
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #52
`badger`

Send a message via MSN to `badger`
ROFL i hope you dont actually believe that do you?
`badger` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #53
zippy
rainbow flying high

i strongly believe every part of it... why ?
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #54
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
I knew it was a joke, and thought it was funny.

Rock on.

Also you should put that astriked note as your sig scuzzy.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #55
SmellyCat
Darknight

There are some dangerously stupid posts in this thread.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #56
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
I knew it was a joke, and thought it was funny.

Rock on.

Also you should put that astriked note as your sig scuzzy.
I tried before I put it in the post, too many words for the sig limitations here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Aim
Bhopping is an element of TFC (even if it was accidental). Saying "If you require a certain element to be present in a game for you to enjoy ... it is you that has the handicap," is ludicirous because the entire server is based around removing a part of the game for the enjoyment of the players. If people enjoy non-bhop servers then that's fine for them, but don't turn around and say that those who like bhopping have a handicap.
I didn't say that people who like bhopping have a hanicap, I said that if you can not enjoy the game of TFC without bhopping then you have a handicap. I and many other players on our server can enjoy the game both ways, with and without bhopping. If you're unable to do both, that is a problem that I can't solve other then to ask you to play elsewhere, it is a burden you must carry alone. *shrug*

Scuzzy

Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #57
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
----------------->Jokes
FF Forums people
Backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #58
SmellyCat
Darknight

Quote:
I didn't say that people who like bhopping have a hanicap, I said that if you can not enjoy the game of TFC without bhopping then you have a handicap. I and many other players on our server can enjoy the game both ways, with and without bhopping. If you're unable to do both, that is a problem that I can't solve other then to ask you to play elsewhere, it is a burden you must carry alone. *shrug*

Scuzzy
But take away the in depth movement such as bunnyhopping, rocket jumping, concs, ramp slides etc and all you're left with is a spammy skillless mess. So yes, bunnyhopping is a pretty integral part of the whole TFC package even though it's not the only important feature. Personally, I don't see why you would want to limit the game in such a way.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #59
Suite307

Bhop is not an integral part of TFC , it was never intended to be usable. It's just abusing physics, people are being assholes about it because apparently it's not vital to the game, We'd probably have more interresting Match games and more skills involved if BHOP never really existed , and i'm sure that we'd probably have a bigger TFC population that we currently have.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #60
SmellyCat
Darknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suite307
Bhop is not an integral part of TFC
Everyone in my clan can either bunnyhop or is aspiring to bunnyhop faster. Equally with every clan that we play against, there are very few players who either cannot or choose not to. Even in publics, there are many players who bunnyhop there. Why would such an 'unneccesary' skill have so many players devoting hours to learning how to do it?

Quote:
it was never intended to be usable.
iirc, bunnyhopping existed in the original TF and VALVe could have easily removed the abilty to bunnyhop at ANY part in it's 8 (?) year history. It is now intended to be usable. Fact.

Quote:
It's just abusing physics, people are being assholes about it because apparently it's not vital to the game,
Yes it is, yes they are and yes it is... and?

Quote:
We'd probably have more interresting Match games and more skills involved if BHOP never really existed
If you meant "less interesting game" then you'd be correct.

Removing bunnyhop = slower game = less reliance on movement SKILL = more reliance on grenade SPAM = less skill required to compete in a game.

Perhaps concs should be removed too seen as they are a physics exploit that was unintentional in the original TFC design. It would obviously make the game more skillful.

Quote:
and i'm sure that we'd probably have a bigger TFC population that we currently have.
Perhaps, but joy to playing a less in-depth game, which would appeal to some players but also disconnect the TFC player base from a large number of people.

Exams and then having to revise for more exams has made me tetchy. Rawr.