Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 12-17-2005, 03:21 AM   #41
o_tennovan

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Isn't Garth Brooks trying a new system or something? I walked through the living room when I was back home for Thanksgiving and my momz was watching something on him and how he quit his label and shit. He apparently is distributing all his music through Wal-Mart now? And only Wal-Mart? Its an interesting approach and could kinda put the labels in their place. They shouldn't own the artist, which is what they're trying to do by placing limitations on what you can or cannot do with the music being put out.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2005, 03:22 AM   #42
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
That would explain the absurd amount of Garth Brooks stuff I saw at Sam's Club a few days ago.

Seriously they had these massive crates full of his stuff. Like 8'x 8'x 8'.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:33 AM   #43
o_kastofsna

bill hicks was right kiddies. the corporate fucks see a dollar sign on every single fucking thing. hope their kids die, these pieces of dogshit
o_kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 AM   #44
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
You're the worst capitalist ever.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 AM   #45
o_kastofsna

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Also, music is a matter of taste. I happen to like Hiliary Duff. I don't like SOAD and stuff like that. Not bad, just not to my tastes. Don't insult it because you don't like it....just don't listen to it.
actually i WILL insult you for liking hillary duff, because the only way you COULD like hillary duff is if you're a complete moron. but the same applies for SOAD, so touche

but the fact that the only two things to come to mind for you are hillary duff and SOAD really explains your complete ignorance of how large the musical spectrum spreads, which means your opinion on music is moot

but whatever

Old 12-17-2005, 03:39 AM   #46
o_kastofsna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
You're the worst capitalist ever.
you say that like there are good capitalists. i'm sure some klansmen are good people, too. and even hitler had his moments

Old 12-17-2005, 03:40 AM   #47
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Not that good of a human, either.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:44 AM   #48
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
Quote:
Also, music is a matter of taste. I happen to like Hiliary Duff. I don't like SOAD and stuff like that. Not bad, just not to my tastes. Don't insult it because you don't like it....just don't listen to it.
actually i WILL insult you for liking hillary duff, because the only way you COULD like hillary duff is if you're a complete moron. but the same applies for SOAD, so touche

but the fact that the only two things to come to mind for you are hillary duff and SOAD really explains your complete ignorance of how large the musical spectrum spreads, which means your opinion on music is moot

but whatever
back off, if he likes Hillary Duff then let him be, think of the complete ignorance that SOAD and oher bands like them make you view on the Music industry (not sure if it makes sence) but in other words SOAD and other bands are Saying don't listen to them listen to us or something like I that, shit I dunno, I can't really explain myself right now

hopefully someone understands me and explains it futher
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2005, 03:47 AM   #49
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

What, SOAD are trying to hold your ears hostage somehow?

Old 12-17-2005, 03:51 AM   #50
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Quote:
Quote:

but whatever
back off, if he likes Hillary Duff then let him be, think of the complete ignorance that SOAD and oher bands like them make you view on the Music industry (not sure if it makes sence) but in other words SOAD and other bands are Saying don't listen to them listen to us or something like I that, shit I dunno, I can't really explain myself right now

I have no idea what you're trying to say but i agree with your first statement. Who is he to say who's ignorant and who's not because of the two examples he gave? I know Innoc has children and liking Hilary Duff could simply be because she's a better role model for his kids than some of the other chicks out there. Or maybe its because he just likes her music? Why should any of us care why he likes her music or whether or not suggesting such makes him ignorant. This isn't the first time I've seen kastofsna post something absolutely immature and stupid, just ignore this guy.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2005, 03:57 AM   #51
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

He does seem pretty much entirely full of shit. Maybe he's just a really hateful person.

Maybe he thinks Hillary Duff is hot.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:04 AM   #52
o_geokill----->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennovan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

but whatever

I have no idea what you're trying to say but i agree with your first statement. Who is he to say who's ignorant and who's not because of the two examples he gave? I know Innoc has children and liking Hilary Duff could simply be because she's a better role model for his kids than some of the other chicks out there. Or maybe its because he just likes her music? Why should any of us care why he likes her music or whether or not suggesting such makes him ignorant. This isn't the first time I've seen kastofsna post something absolutely immature and stupid, just ignore this guy.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
He does seem pretty much entirely full of shit. Maybe he's just a really hateful person.
I really don't like that guy, my opinion from his past remarks he made

Old 12-17-2005, 04:37 AM   #53
o_kastofsna

no, i'm just a hateful person, as citrus said

and you really have no excuse for liking hillary duff. none. unless you find her hot, which is something else i'd question in you

Old 12-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #54
o_sobe green

I keep hoping this guy is just going to get banned or lose his keyboard in his ass somewhere along those lines. GG 10 year olds on the internet.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 AM   #55
o_kastofsna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
I keep hoping this guy is just going to get banned or lose his keyboard in his ass somewhere along those lines. GG 10 year olds on the internet.
if i was 10 years old i'd probably enjoy hillary duff

Old 12-18-2005, 03:56 AM   #56
o_geokill----->

Quote:
Quote:
Um why?

My cousin ten an he doesn't enjoy to Hilary Duff

Your Point now?

Ignorance?

Old 12-18-2005, 04:29 AM   #57
o_skanky butterpuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
i really should be siding with the labels being a sound engineering sutdent and stuff... but nah.
a true artist.

and why does anyone care that innoc likes hilary duff?
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2005, 05:35 AM   #58
o_kastofsna

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Um why?

My cousin ten an he doesn't enjoy to Hilary Duff

Your Point now?

Ignorance?
he's not 10, he's a secret agent from the government!

Old 12-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #59
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
MOVING ON SWIFTLY.......

yeah, id like to start up my own record label and stuff, possibly even making my own music from it. only trouble is there isnt much opportunity down here to get the ball rolling :/
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2005, 03:10 PM   #60
o_skanky butterpuss

there is a guy on the Vintage Synth Forums who is doing just that. he has posted a sticky on things to do when trying to release an album (as well as starting a record label) in the Off Topic forum. i would send you a direct link, but its one of those weird pages whose url never changes from the domain name.
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote