Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #4861
o_dancingfool

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
That I don't belong in the BAUT? Even though I BAUing?
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #4862
o_tyrus

lol, its not directed at you this time DF.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #4863
o_dancingfool

Oh. Wait this time? Will there be a next time? /paranoid *starts digging foxhole*

Old 11-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #4864
o_psycnet

Well no one ever said I was here to make friends.

On a less zealotrous note however, let's just consider what negative impact this may actually have on the mod development. Just because the majority of you (posting here) seem to think it's fine to BAU as much as you please, does not mean it isn't being a burden of the dev teams collective backs.

Perhaps my approach may have been too assholish, but when you have a thread dedicated to constanstly chastising a group of people for not progressing fast enough, and this thread spirals out of control to become the dominant force in the forum, maybe we should look back into why it has.

The easy answer is that they don't update enough. Fair enough. But the reason this thread has spread so violently is not because of lack of updates, it's because of an unreasonable mental time constraint the members have created in their minds of when and how the mod should be released. I also know that there have been quite a few times where the team has said 'we're close', only to renegle on the comment and humbly state that there would be more waiting. As a result of that, we as a community have - and this may be hard to believe - recieved more transparancy from the devs as time has gone on. It's very true. As the growing introspection and depth of the dev journals can prove, the team is very fine being open and honest with us as a community. They have no problem letting us know whats going on, they just don't feel the need to satiate us every time we cry for a morsel.

Some of you feel hurt, or put off by this apparent lack of attention, and release your agony and anguish in this thread. It allows you to find fellowship with people who are similarily affected by the news of 'no updates today, no release date in sight'. I'm sure you're all affected to different degrees for different reasons by this, and I do honestly apologize for any generalizations I may have made, and even for the self-righteousness I expressed, because I certainly don't know any of you personally. I do however, refuse to apologize for attacking people about their constant defending of their justification in bitching.

I guess what I'm summarily saying is: this thread really has run it's course, it is probably now doing more harm than good, and it perpetuates the idea that the dev team owes you something, or that they are working for you. My only plea is for a change to a more patient and rational mindset that does not include constant prodding for an inside look at the process. Trust them to work and to make the mod the way they would like to. Be glad that if there is a serious concern with the mod, your voice can and will be heard. That's the beauty of the internet: instant feedback, but please please please stop restating that they will lose people, they are alienating the community, and all the other things that are meant to put pressure on them. It debases morale, and is an adherance to the crunch time process. They have heard it before, and I'm sure they are putting enough pressure on themselves. Nothing good can ever come from rushing things.

Now that I've said my peice, I will leave this thread in peace, and let the real trolls come and infitrate it once again. No, I don't mean the people who got into the group mentality and stood up to me, I mean the people who sign up for 1 or 2 posts to complain about how the mods not out yet and how they won't have anyone playing it.

Those are the real trolls. They aren't the ones defending it.
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #4865
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Hint : if you don't like the thread, don't read it. I'm sure the dev team figured that out, too.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #4866
o_psycnet

Easy to say, but in practice, we all know this thread is a veritable pandora's box and even just watching the page count grow probably makes them a little sad inside sometimes.

Stop replying to me I'm done here :P
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #4867
o_stricknine

In my eyes, this thread shows how popular this mod is. People fucking want this mod.

I've always wanted to type this: when will ff out?
o_stricknine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #4868
o_dancingfool

Well you typed it wrong, it's "when ff will out".

Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #4869
o_leandros

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus

I was going to use Paint or something to write words on the picture, but I'm sure it speaks for itself.
I actually posted that a couple days back.
o_leandros is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #4870
o_tyrus

Yeah I couldn't find it, forgot which thread it was in

Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #4871
o_skanky butterpuss

thanks to psycnet, this thread got funny again! dont stop teh trolling man, it makes for good humors!
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #4872
o_tyrus

I know why people are impatient over the progression of FF and finally over the release of it, but why am I?

Simply because I'm tired of ETF. I'm tired of wanting to play a game of fortress and having only ETF to choose from. I'm tired of ETF's only having one server to choose from. I'm tired of playing the same 50 or so people every day. I tired of only playing at night when the server has at least a little of action. I'm tired of playing the same goddamn game for 5 years.

I just can't wait till I actually have a choice of which server to play on. I can't wait to play a range of players with a range of skills, instead of everyone being at their limits. I can't wait till I wake up one Saturday morning and I can play a fortress game, instead of being dead bored until the nights come.

I could go on and on, but it all boils down to, I want to play fortress, but I'm fucking sick and tired of Enemy Territory Fortress. Bring on FF as fast as possible, for the love of GOD.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #4873
o_osiris

TFC?
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #4874
o_rp

#4994!
They devs said they will release full front nudity pics at #5000.
o_rp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #4875
o_vistirix

really?
o_vistirix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #4876
o_vistirix

are you sure?

Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #4877
o_vistirix

3 more schpams

Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #4878
o_roady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
But the reason this thread has spread so violently is not because of lack of updates, it's because of an unreasonable mental time constraint the members have created in their minds of when and how the mod should be released.
This is what imo FF has been feeding on. Enjoying the limelight. FF shoulda been released a long time ago. If it's released in 2006 i'll be really suprised.It was over a year ago when someone was talking about FF not having skinned models yet and at that time it was a about a year in development.
o_roady is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #4879
o_dancingfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roady
FF shoulda been released a long time ago..
No.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #4880
o_tu!

didn't bother reading your mini essay PsYcNeT but i think you missed the title of this thread dude.

whoever said this thread shows the popularity of this mod is wrong because it's always the same 5/6 people posting in here every couple mins/hours.
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote