Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nF3D4L
well.. pubs are pubs they aren't always the hardest thing but they can be fun... play pickups indeed

and trust me if me or squeek are playing engy.. well give u a run for your money <3

I'll rape your face with my rusty wrench woman,

Play a pick up.x10
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #22
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
pfftt... u wish
Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
From that angle it looks like she has a flaming penis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Yeah, cause big bad infy is the center of all things development. He is, however, the center of all things cool.
!nF3D4L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #23
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher13
But FF is too easy. I don't know maybe I was playing, with dumb people?
Probably. I can say with confidence that the majority of time I play in pubs, there's usually at least a few really good people. In fact the skill level average on FF I'd say is much higher than on a lot of other FPS's. You probably had just a fluke game. But like others have said, I'm sure pickups can give you a real challenge if pubs aren't enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher13
One thing I know for sure, is Sentry guns are R ET A R D E D...0.o... The whole experience I played my first time through, No sentry gun could stop me no matter what class I played. I died once, over a period of 2 hours, 2 maps.
No argument from me there, I can usually take them out now just by outgunning or outrunning it rather than use any sort of tactic. Their push has been lowered dramatically (I think even below nailguns), they don't retain target locks, lock-on range has been reduced, they offer no physical protection to engineers, and their health has been reduced. Meanwhile other classes (pyro, sniper) can now do more damage, and others (hwguy, demo) have better range, and spies have powerful new techniques for getting past them and engineers. As it stands right now, it's never been easier to take out a sentry in a TF game.

As I understand it, the philosophy behind these changes is that the entire team should be preventing people from attacking the sentry gun as opposed to the engineer being able to defend it. I personally don't agree with this shift, though I will admit on one map, ff_vertigo, sentries still seem very effective in a large enough game.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #24
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
SG range lock-on range did not change. It just got a maximum range. That is unless iut was one of those sneaky random things like the Pyro's IC damage/AR damage going up...
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #25
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose
SG range lock-on range did not change. It just got a maximum range. That is unless iut was one of those sneaky random things like the Pyro's IC damage/AR damage going up...
It's lock on range is the same. What people are experiencing is a regulation of the biggest thing that imbalanced the game in 2.0. Those that are used to it are having a hard time adjusting, mainly because most SG spots that were good in 2.0 are no longer as good.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #26
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
No what I meant was that once the target had been locked on, its range was infinite until the target found cover. I actually don't mind that change, it's relatively trivial, it's the combination of several other changes that have greatly reduced the sg's staying power.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote