Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
CZ2 Still Fails - And Suggestions

I know it's easy for someone to be on the sidelines and offer not too friendly comments, but from someone who has played tfc since 2000, and followed ff closely, and noticed how cz2 was propositioned as this extremely fun new map to play - in my opinion, it still sucks. Canal Zone 2 for tfc sucked and it still sucks now, even with all the ne bells and whistles.

I cannot tell you the amount of times i have seen a populated server just die after it switches to cz2 in ff - even the new cz2. And it's really hard to say why, except you can't polish a turd. It was a turd before and it's still a turd. Doesn't matter what imporvements have been made, regarding command points etc - sometimes a map is just not friendly and cz has always been that and continues to be that.

I guess my point is that a core subset of the community may like it, but this is NOT a map that should be advertised in terms of "hey this is FF - look how fun it can be!".

You want a map that should be pushed for the next patch and advertised the fuck out of? Avanti. It's a crime that it hasn't been done justice yet...yes it's an a/d map, but it offers challenges to oldies and is also noob friendly....and it was a map that was generally populated in tfc....cz2 in tfc still lost players...sometimes you need to take the brave approach and realize a map is dead.

Want a map that addresses clanners whining of lack of working together, and "n00bs" just dm'ing in a field? A/D, by it's nature does this - and the flagship for this is not cornfield (which imo is the best map for ff atm), it's not dustbowl (ff version is just difficult to play and not satisifing), nor is it palmero (pretty but not optimized and too big)......Avanti is fucking tight.

I feel like the devs got somewhat suckered into tf2 thinking with cz2 and it's remake....it's still awful to play and most importantly no fun....i am reluctant to even say that's an opinion...it's kinda a fact. From this view, it's lame to play, and if the dev team needs a map to hang their hat on and promote and say "look at us - this is WHAT FF is all about" - it should be avanti.

Thx for reading rant....i do not propose to know more than any, i do like to think i know what is fun.....cz2 v 2.0 (even 1.0) is not.

Hang your hat on warpath or avanti for patch 3.

CZ2 is just depressing/boring/and hard to get into.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote