Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #21
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
You have an sN server now Ghostbuster? What's the ip?

Cheers,
Hammock
Yeah and we also have a steam group and ur the only one who havent joined yet

67.18.114.115:27061

But unfortunately the server isnt doing to well, everybody have higher ping than other servers in the same state, the timelimit stays in 0 after it ended for some seconds, stuff like that, its a shame.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Skillet

Whats your steam group I want to join

Old 11-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Is a clan steamgroup.. hammock is on our clan but he never joined there or at the server.

Still.. the tryouts are coming

Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #24
mHtt

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
hrmm

Is there any way valve could toss an ff advertisement on the steam splash screen, so's to give people an idea of what a community generated mod feels like?

Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #25
asdaa

Helll, 3 servers is alot. Seriously, i was so disappointed how fast ETF died so if there are atleast some players playing this im happeh.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #26
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mHtt
Is there any way valve could toss an ff advertisement on the steam splash screen, so's to give people an idea of what a community generated mod feels like?
Yes they have offered help, i dont think they will give us that space but still, they offered, but the best choice is hold on till the majority of the bugs and glitches are fixed.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #27
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Most mods don't even fill a single server, for most of their lifetimes lol.

Spreading the word isn't going to help, it will just spam other forums and start flame wars (1000's didn't just download without trying it, they are going to tell you it sucks). The only thing FF needs is more patches and new maps, not more useless remakes that people wont play (though we do need the remakes, the ones we have just don't get played much), but something different to enhance the differences in FF and TFC, or atleast give people something new to try.

ATM I'm not playing much again myself, my record is three days before getting bored, of either maps being too different or just not liking them (don't have a favorite map for the fav thread ;( like alot of them but no fav, though I like joining for congestus). Aside from that, I don't like the class changes much at all, not like I haven't been in a dozen games where both teams were mostly demo/spy/soldier (the best choices atm) with a few sniper or scout/medic flag runners maybe. Pyro is ok (too much ammo/work for less results than other killers), engie is lame and hw is a joke.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #28
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngeeMan
Garry's Mod was very original, nothing really had existed like that in online PC shooters up until that point. Running around with buds and building contraptions and scripting your own gamemode.
Actually, EntMod existed a while before Garrysmod.

Quote:
Zombie Master. You know how many zombie mods there are for Gmod, CS, DoD, and probably HL2: DM? And yet someone makes ANOTHER zombie mod. Dead.
Zombie Master was made with the intent to be unique, not just another zombie mod. The devs made it unique, and it made a really solid game, and it's not quite dead. It's still in beta, and I'm waiting for the 1.2 patch (currently on 1.1.3).

Quote:
rehashing the a game that was unpopular leads to epic failure.
I'm waiting to see where this idea "that TF was unpopular" comes from...TF is so good that it inspired not only TFC, but (just off the top of my head): Unreal Fortress, Quake 3 Fortress (and Enemy Territory Fortress), and Quake 4 Fortress.

Fortress Forever has enough players. There's no way it's dead if I'm still playing it.

The war is never over.

-Joker

Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #29
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

If you build/play it they will come.

Maybe people just don't like those of you who can't get people to join a server. I use my friends list get 3 or 4 people together join my server and game on bitch.

If you don't have very many ff friends when your in a server with people you like playing with add them to your friends. Then join where they are or have them join where you are. Simple shit.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 PM   #30
DoC
I M HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBuster
How about the random crashes or the "CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing Client entity xxx" that hunt almost all the players i know.

Its time to say stop to the "its just ur computer, not the mods fault" when all the other source mods run smooth plus at least the 60% of the players have this errors.
Suppose I have been lucky so far. Never had that error nor the crashes after 1.1. If it is actually anywhere near 60% of people having it, probably should get looked at.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #31
Focksbot
Ambassador of Everything.

Send a message via AIM to Focksbot
It's called Fortress Forever.
It never dies.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #32
CaLeB-
Whitest Kid You Know
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focksbot
It's called Fortress Forever.
It never dies.
Someone give this man a medal.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #33
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
If you don't have very many ff friends when your in a server with people you like playing with add them to your friends. Then join where they are or have them join where you are. Simple shit.
826 has the idea. One of the best ways to keep people in this game is to let them feel included. Especially with team games like Fortress, knowing the people you play with makes a huge improvement in your game experience.

Encourage everybody to make friends and keep them. That will create an awesome cohesive community first of all, a friendlier competitive gaming atmosphere second, and finally all of that will encourage new players to stay.

-Joker

Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 AM   #34
barronofhellion

well i could go on and on about mods for hl1 , and back in the later day that were fun... but the simple truth is there is no 'real' hl2 mod that is anything near what mods were back in hl1 ... i remember when a mod would come out people would flock to it like stink on shit...
-
now it seams as if the new age of games has come forth.. and mods for hl2 are like ... stupid lame mod 20x... back in the day it was like omgz im playing a whole new game for free and its fun... now days its like ok whatz this omfg a new hl2 single player mod ..wowz i can download bad acting in a bucket for free ?
-
in other words the game got more complicated but the inovation of the mod teams died.. i mean there are still lame ass people creating mods for a 10 year old game that hold my intrest more then 95% of the new hl2 mods.. in fact FF and the new Resident Evil: Twilight mod for hl2 and *gasp* the total hl1 to hl2 converion 'black mesa source' mod are the only mods i care to see info about atm and i fear that when these new mods come out i really will not give to shits about any other mod.
-
.. why because nobody after 2+ years has done anything worth while (present company excluded) with the hl2 engine... i think the grand total wait time for crazy fun new mod for hl1 was a better sum of 4 months ...
________
rounding up this bs post , its pritty fucking sad when about 8 months ago i was playing a newly released hl1 mod and saying to myself wow this is so much more fun then anything out there today... wtf this is a 10 year old game why am i playing this ?!?!? oh its because this is more fun then anything out there

Last edited by barronofhellion; 11-15-2007 at 05:11 AM.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #35
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC
Suppose I have been lucky so far. Never had that error nor the crashes after 1.1. If it is actually anywhere near 60% of people having it, probably should get looked at.
No way it is a 60% problem. If it was, these forums would be full of posts reporting it and we'd have heard of it before a few days ago. Google "CL_CopyExistingEntity" and you'll find it's common to many STEAM games. It's not an error unique to FF.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #36
DoC
I M HW

My TFC was much buggier than FF. I got CL_FlushEntity errors so much in it I changed my name to it, lol.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #37
Doompiggy
Banned

I have the perfect idea. Want to know what it is? Good.

LETS MAK A THRED ABOT NO PLYRS INSTED OF AVERTIS!

Seriously, if you want more players, just simple advertise. Not the advertising that most threads are about(spam FF is betar everwhere), as that will only make the community look stupid.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #38
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est
No way it is a 60% problem. If it was, these forums would be full of posts reporting it and we'd have heard of it before a few days ago. Google "CL_CopyExistingEntity" and you'll find it's common to many STEAM games. It's not an error unique to FF.
I used to get this error loads and never made on a post on it because I really couldn't be arsed. As it only dropped people rather than locked hl2.exe then I imagine many more people simply rejoined the server and got on with the game. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist (although the 60% figure seems to be made up).

Not played 1.1 yet although I've downloaded it. There are plenty of other games to play which are not buggy, have more players and are, well, just a bit more fun really.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #39
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger
Not played 1.1 yet although I've downloaded it. There are plenty of other games to play which are not buggy, have more players and are, well, just a bit more fun really.

1.1 is not buggy.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #40
Doompiggy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est
1.1 is not buggy.
Man, I lol'd hard after reading that.

Closed Thread