Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?
Sounds Good 13 76.47%
Sounds Bad 2 11.76%
It's been done, and it sucked. 2 11.76%
It's been done, good times, good times... 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #21
o_katanna

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yes, but there is a difference between just giving one team an advantage, and giving one team the advantage while giving the other team a disadvantage. If you directly punish one team, then that team has no chance of coming back, and the game becomes no fun (IMO).

Matthew
o_katanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #22
o_sokrateas

I definitely see where you're coming from, and I assure you I'm not the kind of gamer who likes pure destruction of another team. However it's inevitable to happen sometimes. The reason I think that the advantage will not really kill the other team is because it's going to be fairly difficult for a team to set up a good defence in the central base, all the while making sure that their flag isn't entirely exposed either. Which is why in a regular game, the advantage will be more of a toggle that sends the other team down a different route when they are disadvantaged. This route will still be easy for the team to get through, but it'll take longer for them to get to the flag, and sort of channel them in a way that the advantaged team can sort of keep tabs on the players on the other team.

The way that I think it will work out is that a really good/organized team will really kill on this map, whereas two even teams will just have some good CTF fun on it. But, again, until the playtesting I can't be sure of how it'll all work.
o_sokrateas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #23
o_nodnarb

I think you should have to have the flag to push the button, and when you push the button, it is like capping it. and the flag resets
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote