Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2006, 04:13 AM   #21
o_tu!

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
no way ff is gonna be game of any yr...

FOR 07 THOUGH, CRYSIS WINS HANDS DOWN. FU IF YOU DISAGREE.
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 04:18 AM   #22
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc
LOL!!!!!!

dude, your so darn stupid you crack me up.....

Why did I bring up 05 and 03 ? BECAUSE THEY ARE PAST..... EXACTLY>.....

2006 is FINISHED, less than 45 days this year and I just have this old feeling FF ain't coming out in the next 45 days, you fool.... your the....
I respect your shitty attempt at being witty with the '05 and '03, but you failed remarkably miserably. 2006 is not finished. All the devs are expecting an '06 release, and something tells me they're a bit better informed than you.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 04:38 AM   #23
o_tyrus

JohnnyC has a point in that the game should probably be out before it can be voted mod of the year. None of us have played it yet so its like we are blindly voting on the possibility that its good. I'm not saying that its not going to be a great mod, but there is always the possibility. Look at BF2. Didn't that game carry all kinds of mad hype? What if FF is all hype?

The point he brings up about "Why not vote for it for MOTY" for 05 and 03 are valid points. His entire point was that during the time that the vote was in progress for 05 and 03, we could have also voted for this game back then. Following the same reason for voting for an unfinished mod for 06 is the same principle in voting for the unfinished mod back then, in 05 and 03. In the end, the point he was making was, FF simply is not out yet, therefore it can not be mod of the year.

Now, I really do have high hopes for FF. I hope that it will win some awards, but hoping that it can win an award off blind faith is nonsense. In 07 maybe FF can win MOTY. With all of our support, who knows? Although I know that the chances of that are also slim, not that I think FF will be bad, but I do think that FF is definitely not original. TF is not original anymore. New games with new ideas will win MOTY.

But, FF does not need to win MOTY to establish its quality. If FF indeed is what we are all expecting it to be, it will still be the game that we all will play for quite a long time.

With all that being said though, it leaves me to wonder why they even put FF up in the poll anyways? Taking advantage of this, maybe an unreleased game with unknown quality CAN win MOTY. Then though, this award wouldn't really mean much would it?

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-17-2006 at 04:44 AM.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 04:50 AM   #24
o_psycnet

It would mean that FF has the best damn community surrounding it that any mod could possibly hope for
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 05:03 AM   #25
o_tyrus

Imagine a nomination for Music Artist of the Year for the MTV awards or something for an artist whose debut isn't scheduled until the middle of the next year. How on earth would that be justified?

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-17-2006 at 05:23 AM.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:05 AM   #26
o_psycnet

Commercial awards ceremonies really aren't a terribly good example, as they're all bullshit anyway. (sales sales sales)

It's more like a nobel prize for physics on a theory that hasn't been quantified yet, but shows great promise for the furthering of science
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 06:30 AM   #27
o_stephen

There is a mod of the year (unreleased) category there on ModDB, described as "the mod everyone is just dying to play", so I guess that's what votes for FF will count towards.
o_stephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #28
o_cosides

How can we vote for something we haven't seen
o_cosides is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #29
o_gunslinger

Quote:
FF for mod of the year 2006
lol
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #30
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
LOL!!!!!!

Why did I bring up 05 and 03 ? BECAUSE THEY ARE PAST..... EXACTLY>.....

2006 is FINISHED, less than 45 days this year and I just have this old feeling FF ain't coming out in the next 45 days, you fool.... your the....

Cheers Mate~
haha, oh man you have me in stitches!

if i may quote you....

Quote:

Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #31
o_uncle-argon

If you go to the home page and play the video attached to the main post, the first game logo to show up after the "93,000" developers text is Fortress Forever and there's some dustbowl footage in there too. So it looks like it might at least have a small chance of being in the running....

People saying that they can't vote FF as MOTY because it hasn't been released are missing the point. The idea is for the people on this forum to blindly vote for FF in the hope that its profile will be raised and lots of new people attracted to the community. It only take a few seconds to register and it might help attract enough people to the community to keep the game going for a hell of a lot longer that that. If everybody registered to these forums voted, it would probably be in with a good chance.

Do it!
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #32
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

they should have done a shortlist really, there's just so many small mods around

Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #33
o_johnnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
I respect your shitty attempt at being witty with the '05 and '03, but you failed remarkably miserably. 2006 is not finished. All the devs are expecting an '06 release, and something tells me they're a bit better informed than you.
bro, are you seriously being serious? Seriously? lol.... you REALLY think a 2006 FF release is coming? lol, man I feel sorry for ya if you believe most of the Dev's in that...... THEY WON'T EVEN say a PERCENTAGE of the game is done yet, they said NOT ONE MAP IS COMPLETE ALREADY. THE ONLY PERCENTAGE COMPLETE THEY GAVE WAS FOR AUDIO which I THINK WAS AROUND 95-99% complete or something, they are NOT EVEN CLOSE to finishing ANYTHING this year......

As much as I'd love to see FF in 2006, I think it will be MID-LATE 2007 REALISTICALLY before FF is out publicly.

BUT, LISTEN VERY CLOSELY, THAT IS ONLY IF THEY SAY IT's COMING OUT THIS YEAR OFFICIALLY, will they finally release it in MARCH or something..... if they don't say they are gonna release it in 2006, then I'd say definately past MID '07....

once again, I say 06 is over with, I'm not a wagering man ( against my morals to WIN money from someone ), but I feel very confident betting AGAINST your word of '06 release.
o_johnnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #34
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

i think you have a sticky shift key

anyway, just fuck off okay? your opinion is subjective, and people with such negative opinions piss devs off, regardless of the mod.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #35
o_ivaqual

hahaha the insane people that sprout on these forums from time to time
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #36
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I voted FF for Mod of the Year of 2006 because no other mod has captured my interest. Released or otherwise. If you have a problem with this, I invite you to go fuck yourself.

How the hell do you put a percentage on something you're constantly improving anyway?

Old 11-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #37
o_tyrus

I do agree with what UncleArgon said. Its worth a shot to possibly increase FF's popularity by voting for them. I only tried to better explain the point that JohnnyC made being there is some logic in it and being that he sucks at explaining his self.

I can see where JC is coming from, but I also see where UncleArgon is coming from.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #38
o_johnnyc

lol, someone logged in as me by guessing my really easy password and changed my user title....

Who was it?

Confess....

Then turn around and assume the fetal positiion.....
o_johnnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #39
o_leandros

I doubt FF will win with Black Mesa in development.
o_leandros is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 PM   #40
o_mescalito

well i voted so there shouldn't be any doubt now.
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote