Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #22
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Why am I not surprised? Oh, right, 'cuz he's a tool.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #23
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Damn, I already sent him his card and a bill for the membership fee.

I've never been kicked for unorthodox play besides from clan-play specific servers (which I won't complain about) even when using such unorthodox tactics as 'stealth commando engi', 'fast attack sniper' and 'ceiling turret solly'.

I've had someone try to get an admin to ban me after I built an SG on his cap point which caused the flag he was carrying to return.

What really wierds me out is TFC/CS/whatever servers that don't allow swearing. Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? People are OK with people exploding into kibs but they don't want to read any marginally offensive words? I know it's their server and I'm not saying they should change it (That's not the argument, you tardos) but I'm just wondering how they came to that particular set of values.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 02:36 AM   #24
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
What really wierds me out is TFC/CS/whatever servers that don't allow swearing. Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? People are OK with people exploding into kibs but they don't want to read any marginally offensive words? I know it's their server and I'm not saying they should change it (That's not the argument, you tardos) but I'm just wondering how they came to that particular set of values.
Well I think they just want a civilized, non vulgar server. All nice and clean
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 02:38 AM   #25
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I always assume anyone that's played TFC has played Half-Life. And Half-Life has swearing in it. That's all the justification I need. Still, I can respect people that don't want swearing in their server, and I don't do it when I'm on those servers. But it IS pretty silly to block "bad words" on a server surrounded by death and chaos.

Edit: What's civilized and non-vulgar about converting someone into a half dozen bleeding chunks?

Old 06-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #26
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
...you tardos...
Omg! You said tardos! I'm going to go get an admin to kick you from the forum!
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 02:47 AM   #27
o_nezumi

Yea, you just try it. I'll get my dad and he'll beat up the admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by circ
Edit: What's civilized and non-vulgar about converting someone into a half dozen bleeding chunks?
Exactly!
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 03:00 AM   #28
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
It's just that some people can't stand Vulgar language and gibs is just part of the game that can be change into flowers

I brought this up cause some one on the C-TFC forum ask for custom gibs that are flowers. No one helped her out.
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 04:10 AM   #29
o_skanky butterpuss

no fuck that shit

im with nez on that one i hate that shit

but no

i dont mind not swearing up a fucking storm if they dont want it

but when those cockameme fistfuckers change my name or ask me to, i want to take a big elephant shit on top of their server as if it is a concrete object that can house a big elephant shit.

and then i want to crank a load out onto the faces of the admins and their supporters

fuckers

(btw i understand they pay for it, and dont expect it, nor see that it should, change. that doesnt stop it from pissing me off though.)
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #30
o_norris

UK at tfc: 'FUCK.. Engi keep the fucking lift up, you fucking FUCK. FUCK YOU!'

ingame voice block needed ;p
o_norris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #31
o_luminous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris
UK at tfc: 'FUCK.. Engi keep the fucking lift up, you fucking FUCK. FUCK YOU!'

ingame voice block needed ;p
sounds like demourge-ED too, "keep that fawhking lift up"
o_luminous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #32
o_ma|2io

Anyone played at the [dad] server lately? its hilarious while your joining they tell you, no cheating, no scripting, and NO BHOPPING. like some guys voice while at the steam loading screen its quite funny. Proof that its a noob server where you can play whatever class u want. go there random noobs
o_ma|2io is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #33
o_foxtrick

Havn't read posts aside from the starting one, but I'll add my money's worth in.

Public servers are great for random tactics from alias'd veterans to general noobs or people who just play casually and don't really care. I love them servers. Theres just nothing like sieging through a 24 man 2fort server with a likely 12+ person defence full of sgs, HWguys and spies with odd snipers that you can annihilate with some easily placed grens!

Anyways, Clan style servers. When I see someone purposely doing this, 9 times out of 10 they are doing it to annoy someone or everyone, even when its just the one person, high chance its going to piss off others anyway(ie spy grens in resp.).
When I use to see a sniper on Openfire_l on occasions, in clanned servers I'd happily play against it, but still I see some people not liking it.
Maybe those people not liking it are the same people that dont have the time to explain 'Hey man, please change your class/position' with a likelyhood of having to explain why to a random player that has joined the clan style server.
People without the time want to just get a good chance at improving their game, not seemingly babysit(which sometimes im quite happy to do!)
o_foxtrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #34
o_sabre

Some people find organised play sticking to strict rules alot more fun, some people find just doing anything on a server fun, there are 2 types of player and 2 types of server, for 6/7 years (how old is TFC?) they have managed to co-exist pretty well apart from threads like this. And i too have noticed more bitterness and scorn directed at "elite" clan players on these forums rather than the other way round which many people suggest.
o_sabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #35
o_mikefed

The good thing about having many different servers is that you can have loads of different styles of play.

You don't go dming on a conc server. So don't go playing midmap engineer or whatever on a clan style server. And especially don't moan if you get kicked for it. You abide by the servers rules.
o_mikefed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #36
o_bumgravy

On the topic of swearing, ive been asked on certain servers to change my name or get kicked, so i usually just hassle the admin and change it to BumGr*vy or something. they generally give up and leave me be tho, i didnt choose my name to cause offense, who can be offended by the name BumGravy?
o_bumgravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #37
o_mescalito

meh O_o since i returned to TFC i'v been using a fake nick so peeps won't notice how much of a noob i am. the nick is Texas^Faggot the fucking shit gets changed every time i join a different server now, i can understand why some insecure asshole admin might find it offensive but that's also a nick of a DJ who makes trance music. so this whole subject of no swearing in servers is gay.
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #38
o_bumgravy

Banning racist or homophobic words is fine by me, but some servers filter the word homosexual, and thats just gay.
o_bumgravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #39
o_dark applepolisher

Sigh.... I think I can sum up everything in one sentence....

If you don't like the server rules, DON'T PLAY THERE!

Those servers have rules there because the regulars\admins on the server like them there. There's no point in even using logic against them. The admins do what they like so they can play the way that they like, and if you dislike the rules on the server, then find a server that you do agree with.
o_dark applepolisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #40
o_mescalito

Ofcourse you are right. But it doesn't make me hate you and the likes of you any less. It's not even personal

This is not a mindless bitching couz you can't change ppl. You can't even ask them to change. I'm not that stupid..

What i would like to see (this shit won't hurt anyone so you must like it) is some kind of a smart ass filter system that would be very flexible with what i can do with my server list.
I'm not sugesting that it will list all the types of mutators the server might have but i would like to see which servers are "pure". This got nothing to do with server rules like "no swearing "but i want to see if the server is going to force some shit on me.

But i dunno, maybe it's to complicated/ time consuming to release something like that in the first release... Just curious what's the devs view on that type of stuff..
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote