Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 09-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #21
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Not every map needs to be visually appealing, not that this map looks distasteful.

One suggestion: make it more circular :P
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #22
Kaidus

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I'm not sure why I would want to duel in a CTF game, but maybe it's fun. Either way, this map is clearly intended for pure gameplay and not eye candy so gj.
Kaidus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #23
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
I'd say to make it look better only because it looks lazily done right now. =/
I mean, it's not even a real circle!
paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #24
MERKiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Did you attend the same art school that made those people put a red dot on black canvas and sell a painting for $10,000?

You have so many creative possibilities at hand for FF - look how mulch improved ff_dm - and you make a big circle with two doors?

Well... I don't think they did too good of a job with the mulch_dm port, mulch_dm is supposed to have two arenas, and yes... i know Mulchman worked on it, but you'd think they would have 4 arenas or something insane like that Its a nice concept with the squares and all, but meh. not the same feeling.

As for the ff_duel, its a quake1 thing no one will understand haha. I know both situations, the ass_dm style of play, and the original quake dueling style. I think he is going for the ass_dm style, where you just try to stay alive regardless, you spawn and go till your eyes bleed. I will defiently be playing this ff_duel until my eyes explode. Nice job ;D
MERKiN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 05:44 AM   #25
chaunbot
r.A.p.3.D.

Affiliations: r.A.p.3.D
Duel1 is a copy of 1on1r... if you dont know what 1on1r is go back to console games
________
vaporizer reviews

Last edited by chaunbot; 01-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.
chaunbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #26
Boogieman117
FF Server Op / Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to Boogieman117 Send a message via AIM to Boogieman117 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman117 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman117
I'll throw it in my rotation when I get a chance.
Boogieman117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #27
Boogieman117
FF Server Op / Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to Boogieman117 Send a message via AIM to Boogieman117 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman117 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidus
I'm not sure why I would want to duel in a CTF game...
Same reason to have conc_maps, to screw around in.
Boogieman117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #28
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunbot
Duel1 is a copy of 1on1r... if you dont know what 1on1r is go back to console games
No one with a name that include bot insults us like that!

Old 09-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #29
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

HEY SIR FRAGS, NOOB, GTFO BACK TO CONSOEL GAMEZ ROFL
IF U HAVENT PLAYED QUAKE THEN STFU AND IF YOU STILL HAVE COMPLAINTS STFU KEKEKEKE
You aren't even capable of taking constructive criticism, wtg posting your map on an internet forum.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
TheWetMule

Send a message via MSN to TheWetMule Send a message via Skype™ to TheWetMule
Hey, sir_frags I think you've gone a bit over the top there mate, understandably you dislike negative feedback, but everybody gets it.

Also, about yer "picture" thing if someone said "Hey, buy this" and gave you no actual information about it, would you buy it? to be more precise, if you were buying a painting and you were told "Its the best picture EVER!" and had no pictures, would you buy it? Very doubtful. pictures are just a little helpful in what the map looks like

Anyway, I'm all for normal DM maps but this looks a tad too bland, then again I don't want it clogged with crap that isn't really needed, looking forward to playing this with some random friends I loved played midair2, basic yet tons of fun!

(P.S Frags, before you assume the worst of me, I have opened Hammer, I've nearly finished making my map(Granted, its nothing exceptionally pretty) I know what SDK stands for, I've made several maps for other games, I can handle criticism.)
TheWetMule is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 01:40 AM   #31
paranoidkirb

Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
Constructive criticism is all around the board. You just happen to be making a deal with those who aren't giving you constructive criticism and ignoring those who do. Also, constructive doesn't imply positive. Negative criticism can still be constructive, but it seems as though you can't understand that.

Your "constructive criticism" for this map doesn't work at all by the way. It's a dueling map meaning you want a nice open space to 1v1 someone (ie mulching) where you need skill instead of luck to kill someone. Props that "provide cover" and health kits will undermine the skill aspect of the duel.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #32
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Kapow! Yet another user that is trigger happy with the ignore button.
My post was entirely aimed at the original poster. Caps lock part: making a mockery out of Vilepickle's attitude.

And whining about people being negative on an internet forum is idiotic, what do you expect? Welcome to da internetz! Telling him it's not even a cirkle or that he is lazy is another way of saying; put some more effort into your map before releasing it.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #33
paranoidkirb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_frags
Really? And your criticism works? Telling him it aint even a real circle and it's "lazily done"? What maps have you made to be talking to him like that anyway?
Nothing too great. My maps weren't distributed very much and was really only played on one server, but my goldsrc maps look much better than this one.

Quote:
In your own words dude. . . . your "constructive criticism" for this map doesn't work at all by the way.
What I meant by it not being a real circle is that you can easily see that the map more or less looks like a giant hexagon. The Source engine is capable of making really nice, smooth circles which can easily be done here without loss of fps because this map isn't really big nor is it complicated. I'm just saying it could be prettied up a lot.

Quote:
You need skill on any map. But even in a duel map you can kill with luck. Props have nothing to do with luck. So just standing out in the open and pointing a gun or super duper rpg with no props to block or shoot around...oh yea that takes alot of skill

You haven't played very many duel maps or been fraggin too long, have you? There are all kinds of duel maps out there. Go google mudfarm1v1. It's an excellent duel map with a farm motif that has farm props, health kits, and armor. It's very good for dueling and skill is required to do well on it.
Perhaps I've not played enough dueling maps, but for the most part, they've been propless, bagless outside of spawn, and quite open. Mostly meant for Solly and Demo 1v1's though where the RPG/GL is about your only weapon. So yes. It does take a lot of skill.

Quote:
And how do you know that? You got some kind of esp? You don't know what I am doing or what I am thinking. But the only people I ignore are the infants who get personal and ugly.
It's just what I see when I look at your posts.