Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 04-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #21
o_qui

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Current dustbowl is too biased to attack, most people prefer to go attack, simply because full frag grenades and armour, means on most situations you should win.

Full armour to defence is needed, less nades to offence

Map = Fixed.

Some more nicer things is to make it less easy on caps 1 and 2 to just conc/rocket/nade jump onto the cap, on pub servers its painfully easy really
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #22
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui
Current dustbowl is too biased to attack, most people prefer to go attack, simply because full frag grenades and armour, means on most situations you should win.

Map = Fixed.

Some more nicer things is to make it less easy on caps 1 and 2 to just conc/rocket/nade jump onto the cap, on pub servers its painfully easy really
Not with one or two decent snipers watching you.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #23
o_groovyf

Yeah, but one or two decent spies and Def SGs don't last long, hence undermining the whole defence.

Swings and roundabouts really
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #24
o_travis dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui

Map = Fixed.

Not with one or two decent snipers watching you.
That's true for cap 1 and 3, but 2 is a pain in the ass to properly cover as sniper.
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #25
o_soulcutter

Make it so when all the cap points are capped the teams switch, I hate the map changing like 10 minutes after it starts.

Full armor for D.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #26
o_y05h1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCutter
Make it so when all the cap points are capped the teams switch, I hate the map changing like 10 minutes after it starts.

Full armor for D.
WHA!?
What r some of you guys talking about, to biased towards offense!? You guys must have been playing skill stacked games because for me theres an even balance of wins between O and D. Giving D max armor would change it to much, IMO. Killing spam demos and snipers are hard enough the way it is, I say the map is just fine.
o_y05h1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2005, 11:24 PM   #27
o_osiris

SoulCutter meant that after a team captures all 3 points, the teams are switched and the people who were attacking become the defenders instead of switching to a new map.
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #28
o_y05h1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
SoulCutter meant that after a team captures all 3 points, the teams are switched and the people who were attacking become the defenders instead of switching to a new map.
I got that part, and Im ok with that, but giving D full armor is a bad idea, IMO

Old 04-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #29
o_etzell

Give D full armor, but DON'T switch the teams. I'm sick of having to gank 300000 bags to get some damn armor.

Frankly, Dustbowl is a lot harder than Avanti, Warpath and other such games. There would be one team switch per game, and it wouldn't be an early one, ESPECIALLY on pubs. It just wouldn't be as fun as it is. Please, don't do it.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #30
o_mj

nah keep dustbowl the same.....
o_mj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #31
o_broodingdude

I would like to see optional det-pack destruction points at chokes to have the ability to widen them up, and then the ability re-blast to close the widened choke point. I would also like to see the Engineer be utilized more in the way of "hacking" in to unaccessible doors, or to have a cutting-torch a la Opposing Force... but no one listens to me...
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2005, 04:27 AM   #32
o_desert_chipmunk

i think dustbowl favors the o, even though defense wins almost half the time if the offense has 1 good player who can rocket jump or conc to cap its over, heck i was playing dustbowl on d 30 seconds ago i watched a medic fly past sgs a demo blowing the crap outa him and he still barely touched the cap and we lost, its disappointing. so the caps should maybe be up a little bit, like move the final cap up ontop of the sniper pit and make the steps bigger so they CAN conc right in there.....but itll be a challenge for them, and take all the offensive 2nd nades and give the Defense 2 1st nades
o_desert_chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2005, 05:27 AM   #33
o_etzell

I miss that never-used shortcut behind the wall in section 2 from the 1.5 days. Anyone else remember that? You had to det it open, and then you could run around behind the wall and come out through that grate? Good times.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2005, 05:41 AM   #34
o_y05h1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Chipmunk
i think dustbowl favors the o, even though defense wins almost half the time if the offense has 1 good player who can rocket jump or conc to cap its over, heck i was playing dustbowl on d 30 seconds ago i watched a medic fly past sgs a demo blowing the crap outa him and he still barely touched the cap and we lost, its disappointing. so the caps should maybe be up a little bit, like move the final cap up ontop of the sniper pit and make the steps bigger so they CAN conc right in there.....but itll be a challenge for them, and take all the offensive 2nd nades and give the Defense 2 1st nades
Um, ok....
1. Obviosly your team wasnt pushing very well, not that hard to kill a medic, especially if the rest of his team sucks like ur claiming
2. Either the demo didnt have the timings down or he got the terrible lag glitch that causes pipes to detonate several seconds after he hits the button
3. Poor SG placment and building. Build a lvl 2 SG in the right spot and no one is going to do a succesfull jump till that SG is down or distracted.

Dustbowl is perfect, please leave as is.
But I guess thats just me a a handfull of others that feel this way

Old 04-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #35
o_desert_chipmunk

it was pretty much impossible to kill the medic im pretty sure, i think he used to concs to go from being unseen straight across right along the ground picking up the flag and he was RIGHT in the middle of that demomans pipes i watched him when it blew up and it still capped. i like dustbowl the way it is but if someone gives me a chance to throw in other things to make it better im going to =D
o_desert_chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2005, 05:40 AM   #36
o_bcoolj

i agree with not allowing grenades to go off in the respawn. I have had people on deffence knowing a cap was going to happien soon, sit in there respawn and when the cap happien drop a bunch of MIRV or grenades in there respawn so when we all spawn in the next respawn we would all die, gets annoying and i am sure there are a couple of other examples like this one. To end off, i like dustbowl the way it is, yes it is annoying not being able to get grenades all the time but thats what makes it more challenging which in return make it more fun, for me at least.
o_bcoolj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2005, 08:50 AM   #37
o_bokko

Medics cannot get concs on cap3 so he must have grenjumped, unless you were infact speaking of cap1/2 in which case you didnt 'lose'. A grenjump is easily ruined by a gren or a simple shotgun blast. It takes more team effort on defence than on offy in public servers, but i wouldnt say the map favours offence.
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote