Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 06:45 PM   #21
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Hehehehehehe.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #22
o_donny

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
They look more sexy than the originals. Valve screwd up devs maps!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #23
o_fisheye

the pics that i've seen of maps in the making by the dev team look fine. it's some of the others that worry me.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #24
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
the pics that i've seen of maps in the making by the dev team look fine. it's some of the others that worry me.
Here's your chance to do something about it!

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/viewtopic.php?t=3166

Old 11-12-2005, 01:45 AM   #25
o_mikequist

Lies. The maps are not changed unless theres reasoning, period. And I'm sure 25 very talented guys who have been doing this for 6 years, and have been the forefront of the TFC community for 5 years, know what the hell they're doing. They're not idiots. So...go make your own TFC mod and stop randomly criticizing theirs.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:42 AM   #26
o_skanky butterpuss

Re: The developers are screwing up the maps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi989
Are they trying to make a new and different TFC or TFC with better graphics?
if you have read and understood anything about the mod, you would know that the answer to this question is the former. its been said countless times that the dev team isnt making tfc: source, they are making a game based off of tfc, which means that a lot of things will be different.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #27
o_sizeablessonic

Re: The developers are screwing up the maps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi989
I guess they are trying to be creative but changing completely how the maps work is insane. Alot of us have been playing TFC for years and years and here they come with basically a Source TFC and the maps are changed, supposively representing the old ones, but they are way different. Something that really takes away from the old TFC feel. For example, look at the crossover map, it's nothing like the old one! Are they trying to make a new and different TFC or TFC with better graphics? I thought this was going to be cool but it's turning into a different game.

Dude.

IF YOU LOVE TFC SO DAMN MUCH JUST GO PLAY IT! I still play TFC everyday and I still fucking love the direction the mod is going in! The mod is fucking awsome!!!! Now please go critisize something else. The maps are so good they should be proclaimed.... wait I better not go there well I guesse ill just do it in tiny text:The maps are so damn good they should be proclaimed DAMNED SEXAH!

Now please go troll somewere else.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #28
o_kamikazi989

No, they are changing the layout of the game. i.e. holes in walls... smaller walls, extra crap here and there... some things taken away some things added.... thats what I meant. Where the fuck did you get the idea I wanted a boxy game? what a retard. I was hoping for added realism not a complete re haul of the game with slightly similiar maps. It's just... that one "sweet" spot where I loved to put my SG or hide as a sniper or put pipe bombs down as a demo man is GONE and I won't be able to enjoy it with this new added realism which I think is retarded.

by the way i put numbers after my name because this is my aim screen name.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #29
o_osiris

Don't come on here raving about how much the team is fucking up and expect to get a decent response from any of us. This isn't TFC:Source. It's a mod BASED on the Team Fortress gameplay. That is all. As others have said, if you don't like the way the maps look then make your own fucking versions, we aren't going to try and stop you. Not everyone is hoping for an exact remake of the game, some of us actually enjoy change.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #30
o_ambex

Quote:
Is this a direct port of TFC?

Strictly speaking, no, but we want to stick to the fast paced gameplay we love in TFC. Some have suggested we should concentrate on releasing a direct port as soon as possible and then make changes at a later date. The amount of work required for a direct port is quite high. Translating our new ideas in the main development cycle is more efficient, not to mention exciting. New players want a game worthy of Valve's Source engine, not a rehash just as easily done on HL1. Everything in the game is being remade by the team from scratch.
Hey kamikazi go away from here please you are just giving some crap to the developers.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:06 AM   #31
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

If you want to get your point across, do so by providing constructive criticism/reasoning, not by saying things are "retarded". Your topic title alone made me pretty much ignore your post -- it's opinion stated as fact. It's fine to have an opinion, just as it's fine to express an opinion; we want to listen to people and will make changes if someone has a persuasive argument. However, nobody will listen to an opinion that is backed up with such great reasoning as "it's retarded".

Go speak to people in RL with that kind of attitude and see how far you get. It's much the same here.

For the record, the vast majority of people approve of the aesthetical changes we've made to the maps, and if something is unpopular when the mod is released (say something has changed so you can't play a position properly anymore, or hide/pipetrap/conc jump in/to a certain area) you can bet we'll change it.

Many of the team are hardcore TFers, so it's not like we don't have a decent grounding in what does and does not work / is or is not popular.

If you want to make a new topic to discuss the maps in a civil fashion, feel free to do so. I can't see this topic going anywhere (it's just an insult-o-rama back and forth, mainly because of the tone in which the topic was originally posted), so I'm locking it.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #32
o_eat

my knowledge of map making > original posters

Old 11-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #33
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

OMG NO FLAMING!!!1

Closed Thread