Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2007, 12:59 AM   #261
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curn
i got banned from o-t for havin this name.... took them 45 mins for them to realise that it shouldn't be allowed because it looks like "cum".

the fact that i was 150- 30 on well probably had nothing to do with it, but then i'm a sarcastic bastard...

edit: but yeah, their server = their rules bla bla, just got stand back and lol @ some of their policies.
I wasn't going to respond to this... but it just erks me. So I will. You know full well why you were banned, and it didn't have anything to do with your playing. You stated the following on your banned inquiry request from our forums:

Quote:
name: curn shot ya
id: STEAM_0:0:1226011

Hi,

Was playing for at least 35 mins before my name started changing all of a sudden. Seeing as there was no warning prior this I kept changing it back to my game name "curn", actually my real life name..

After the third time i received a warning that my name "looked like cum".

This was not intentional, its just my name, and i've played with it for years on various other servers, including the major GSPs, of which one I'm a senior admin for.

Ok, I was a little shocked which was why i responded as a smartass, and which i apologise for. My comments were made in jest, it's just frustrating to be playing for over half an hour uninterrupted with a score 150+ then suddenly get called out for having a dodgy name.

Llama behaviour? I was just tryin to snipe. smartass yes, i apologise for this but i was just a bit defensive as it came out of nowhere.
To which we responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Your name was being considered and several clan members asked us our opinion in our Teamspeak server. We talked and decided that "curn shot ya" was more then likely meant to be read "cum shot ya". It didn't come out of nowhere and it wasn't a spur of the moment request for you to change your name Thought went into it, thought we'd rather spend playing not policing. You'll find we try to keep the server as clean as we can. We have a nice group of regulars we like to play with, we don't want trouble, we don't want smart ass remarks. As we see it there are thousands of players, 50 clan members, and 32 slots... We give people a few chances, but the when it's clear they are going to be a problem we remove them and move on.

However. Your apology below seems to be sincere. We accept, you get another shot, no pun intended. Just try and keep it clean and follow the rules laid out in the FAQ.

(http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/faq....q_server_rules)

Your ban has been lifted. Having your name spelled "cuRn" is fine. If you have any trouble getting into the server let me know.

Scuzzy
You weren't banned for having that name, you were banned for being a smartass and for what it looked like intentionally having a name to get around the swear filter.

You responded to that e-mail with:

Quote:
Thanks a lot scuzzy, appreciated, I understand better your reasoning and I never saw my name that way until it was pointed out

thanks
I thought the situation was handled quite nicely and we came to a mutual agreement. You're one of very few people we've unbanned.

Scuzzy

Old 05-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #262
Pixel
if(0>1){printf("broked");}
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose
No, just +jump.

That's the default jump binding.
sarcasm
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #263
Dinosaur Gas
www.tfcgaschamber.com

Gametype: TFC
Affiliations: -CLT-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via AIM to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via Yahoo to Dinosaur Gas
I'm going to continue this bhop debate from a different perspective...

I ran my server for years with an anti-bhop plugin. I did this because the majority of us considered bunny hopping an exploit. During my experience running the server with an anti-bhop plugin, I would have to say that at least 95% of the people who were regulars there could not bhop. People who bhop regularly still go through the motions even on a non-bhop server, as it becomes a natural thing to do. Very few bhoppers would frequent our server. Most would leave once they figured out they couldn't bhop.

I have since, in the last year, changed my server to allow bunny hopping. I decided to change back to allowing bhop due to the lack of players left in the community. When the community was thriving, our servers stayed full with anti-bhoppers. With the community dwindling down, it made sense to gradually bring the server back in line with the rest of the community. Now we see a higher skill level of player coming in, and most of us prefer it that way.

The majority of my clan/team {GCC} members could not bhop, and still can't. Some just don't care to learn. Our clan is comprised of mostly older people, 30 and up. Some stopped playing TFC, as they did not like the fast-paced style that bhopping contributed to. People would come into our server and embarrass them. In other words, they were not top of the scoreboard any more and couldn't handle it. This is just my opinion, once again based on my observations.

Our community environment has not changed. Our chat/name plugins still auto ban the racist bunny hoppers, just as it banned the racist non-bhop players.

A good bit of members that still play are now getting involved with league play, learning how to bhop....and enjoying it. The rest that don't care for league play still frequent the server and have learned to deal with people bunny hopping.

It is my opinion that the majority of people who are against bunny hopping cannot do it. This is just my opinion/observation of the issue, based on actual experience from both sides. Been there, done that.
Dinosaur Gas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #264
grg
el matador

I played @ some random OT server 2 or 3 days ago. There was no bhop plugin, but there was this message popping up "Bhop is not allowed on this server". I was bhoping here and there, but not all the time or when people were looking at me. Had some nice fun there, many of the players sucked, but they were nice people I'd surely play again there, but once I get banned for bhoping or whatever, I'd really get pissed off and probably never come back again.
grg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #265
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

yeah well that's the problem with HL games, that all these movement tricks people found (and Q2 games) aren't documented and not really apparent or obvious unless you take the time to search for them and to learn them

another thing is that tfc skills all come together, concjumping improves your grenade throwing, concing leads to strafing and gliding which leads directly to bunnyhopping. this is why so many people get pissed off if theres artificial blocks to movement, because it screws everything up

since Fortress Forever is puttng in the Quake jump and lots of documentation, this hopefully should not be a problem
mistermojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #266
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojo
since Fortress Forever is puttng in the Quake jump and lots of documentation, this hopefully should not be a problem
I MUST QUOTE THIS TO FEEL ALIVE
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 AM   #267
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dospac
The biggest fuckin annoying problem is in TFC servers with bots.. the bots aren't setup to leave when humans start playing.

It's horrible when you've already got 5-6 real people on the server and there's another 5-10 fucking bots in the mix screwin shit up. Grr..

I had to go all the way to the 80s in ping range the other day to find a TFC pub server with humans and no bots. Was an o-t server actually. And it was funny cause some retard was hiding the flag on Casbah, and nobody else had developer on to see from the flag messages that it was him.. And I got kicked for telling him to knock of off.. And the admins were clueless! woooo good times!

You guys got some horrible admins, jeeze. :O
How does one accomplish this "dev" you spoke of
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #268
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
developer 1

Old 07-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #269
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
developer 1
w00t! <3 (no homo!)
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #270
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [StatisticZ]
How does one accomplish this "dev" you spoke of
Not many places to hide on that map.......care to elaborate?
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 04:16 AM   #271
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Prolly the spawn?
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #272
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

That's not "hiding", that's "hogging". Hiding is where no one can find you. Like I said....not many places to hide on that map. Only place I can think of, is that little window in the blue yard.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #273
SmellyCat
Darknight

Thanks for the info, Iggy.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #274
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

You know....that might be a good idea.......now that I think about it. An auto-kick for any player that holds the flag for 5 minutes. Of course, there is the exception to the rule(which I assume could be set in the map cfg?) like the map where you are supposed to hold the flag(well, ball) for as long as possible. The only way to hold a flag(not ball) that long, is to intend to disrupt the game.

As for that little "cubbyhole" I mentioned...that is a GREAT place to snipe from. Especially if you can get an engie to drop a tele exit up there for ya. (Yeah, those things actually DO have uses....but I'm glad they are being excluded!)

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 07-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #275
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
You know....that might be a good idea.......now that I think about it. An auto-kick for any player that holds the flag for 5 minutes. Of course, there is the exception to the rule(which I assume could be set in the map cfg?) like the map where you are supposed to hold the flag(well, ball) for as long as possible. The only way to hold a flag(not ball) that long, is to intend to disrupt the game.

As for that little "cubbyhole" I mentioned...that is a GREAT place to snipe from. Especially if you can get an engie to drop a tele exit up there for ya. (Yeah, those things actually DO have uses....but I'm glad they are being excluded!)
Hold the flag for more then 2 minutes and you explode. Toss the flag more then once during a life and you explode.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #276
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Hold the flag for more then 2 minutes and you explode. Toss the flag more then once during a life and you explode.
i cant tell if youre kidding or not ;/
mistermojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #277
tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojo
i cant tell if youre kidding or not ;/
wouldn't suprise me if he is being serious.
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #278
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
wouldn't suprise me if he is being serious.
Most Negative Nancy award goes go.... drum roll please.... Tu!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #279
TurboWolf

Send a message via MSN to TurboWolf
Scuzzy, if your clan considers tossing the flag a cheat, then -WHAT THE (sexual intercourse)- Damnit, that was never a glitch! Now you can also come up with a plugin that bans strafing (Strafing gives an unfair advantage over those who don't strafe). Right after that you could ban those who use the mouse cause yeah, aiming with the mouse gives an unfair advantage over those who aim with the numpad (Like I did my very first days of FPS games, first one was quake3 :P) LOL
TurboWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #280
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
He wasn't being serious, you 'tard.