Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 11-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #21
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr Zauis
King Kong was AWFUL!!!! What a badly done game....looks fantastic....plays like a brick in putty.
So true... what's with the camera? King Kong takes up 3/4 of the screen and the rest is usually treetops. How'm I supposed to see the little fuckers I'm supposed to be fighting? And the movement's awful, too, I keep sliding around instead of actually walking anywhere.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #22
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
When I got the N64 years ago with the new controllers I did not like them. I was used to the rectangular controllers that I'd been used to from the NES and SNES. I eventually got used to it and did well with the games. I suspect that the Revolution will be the same thing. Innovation is not always obvious and I cannot believe that Nintendo would get it that wrong.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2005, 05:29 PM   #23
o_jefferino

www.smashmyxbox.com
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2005, 09:04 PM   #24
o_mikequist

Jeff. I have now layed my hatred on you. After 7 minutes of seeing a guy wait in line and talk to the clerk, I was not suprised to see him get out of the store. After 10 minutes, they finnaly hit it with a hammer. Outside. In an alley. Oh em gee. BUT WAIT! Maybe part 2 is something better? Load up part 2. He basically takes the ipod into several stores, and they tell him its broke. WOW.
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 PM   #25
o_ivaqual

Yeah, I have seen the smashmyipod episode before. In a sense, the utter and complete nihilism and absence of everything resembling a "point" and "substance" is genuinely admirable. On the other hand, one can also say that the whole affair is completely retarded.

Choose your pick.
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #26
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Milkshake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
the future of games isnt bigger and better. xbox and ps can have their day. Nintendo know where its at, gameplay.
I assume you're joking?

With 2006 being the year of High Def the Nintendo offerings are gonna look more silly than ever. Have you seen that controller?
Indeed. Because TV remotes are impossible to use, weigh 30000 points, and aren't intuitive. OH WAIT!
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 PM   #27
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I do think Nintendo should properly support Hi Def, since the market of HDTVs is only growing. Today, you can get a pretty good HDTV for less than an XBOX 360, and they're only going to get cheaper.

Oh well, it won't really affect whether or not I buy a Revolution, but it would be nice. Even the GCube's progressive scan output looks pretty good, for the games that support it.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 AM   #28
o_jefferino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQuist
Jeff. I have now layed my hatred on you. After 7 minutes of seeing a guy wait in line and talk to the clerk, I was not suprised to see him get out of the store. After 10 minutes, they finnaly hit it with a hammer. Outside. In an alley. Oh em gee. BUT WAIT! Maybe part 2 is something better? Load up part 2. He basically takes the ipod into several stores, and they tell him its broke. WOW.
Sorry for wasting 15 minutes of your precious time.... BUT I didn't tell you to go to the Ipod site did I??? I do agree that the video is very stupid and bland plus the guy doing looks like a total nerd and has no sense of humor. There were other ways they could have destoryed the ipod instead of stepping on it a few times. Like peeing on it.
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote