runs like crap on my computer and just don't like it
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 AM   #42
Vorm
Diver

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf
The only time I get a few hickups is when I exit say the bunker at the beginning at the initial world load, after that it runs fine.
That's the bit that cripples my machine. After that, it's not too bad.

Saying that, I've only got as far as the first compound so far
Vorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #43
Decs
Retired FF Staff

I love it so far! Ive just started playing it though but i LOVE it so far.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #44
Agret

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Agret Send a message via AIM to Agret Send a message via MSN to Agret Send a message via Yahoo to Agret Send a message via Skype™ to Agret
I think it's pretty awesome, sure the graphics remind me of Far Cry and the quests in it are stupid as hell and the AI isn't great and money is worthless and there are heaps of ammo types and the guns you first get are wildly inaccuare but you feel a part of this messed up world and it makes you want to play more. It's a fun game despite not being very good, I love it. Also dig the music that you can barely hear "on the wind" and the guitar tunes played at campsites. Awesome music, not-so-awesome yet oh-so-fun gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
Quite a hard game.
AI is amazing.
Yes, I didn't quite know what you meant by that until I played it myself. They make some amazing shots at you through walls, all the AI seems to do is rush. Although the dog AI is a bit better, sometimes they rush and sometimes they run scared. Appears to be some sort of random number generation that does that though as it doesn't matter if they're attacking in a pack or by themselves, they'll just run off somtimes.

At the point where you meet up with the Duty guys who blow a hole in Freedom's wall I quicksaved just as the wall was being destroyed and then when I got killed by one of the snipers I loaded and the wall wasn't blown up and my Duty friends just kept running into the wall. I had to trek around to the main enterance to the base and take it out by myself. Quite a task. It rewarded me with my first decent guns in the game and oh-so-much ammo
Agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #45
unf
TFC since 99'

Great game, somewhat short, and the ending (the most common one) was somewhat disappointing. I hope they have a 2, or expansion.
unf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #46
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: Soldier, O
Gametype: Doubble Mode
Affiliations: Cassiotone Nation
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I hear there are 7 endings. I'm trying to join freedom now. I'm assuming you get one ending if you just run through and ...beat the game (no spoilers ), and different ones if you join duty or freedom. I don't know what the other 4 are though. It might have something to do with the missions you do for what's his name (the trader at the begining).

The game DOES have good replay value though, because of the endings, but it's a little short otherwise.

And, once again, the AI is totally amazing. It's the first game I've ever seen where people will shoot covering fire at whatever you're hiding behind while their friends move around. Aaaaand the material system is really cool so a lot of those bullets will go through your cover and hit you anyway, 'specially if it's wood or sheet metal. The NPCs with guns also know what kinds of stuff they can shoot through, and actually try to shoot through it.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #47
unf
TFC since 99'

I know of 2 endings, the most common when u have lots of RUs, and when u have less than 12k RUs. I might end up replaying it, to join duty/freedom just to see the different endings though.
unf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #48
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Sorry to dig up such an old thread but I received a copy of Stalker with my new video card...it basically cost me 10.00. Honestly, I am enjoying this game more than I did Crysis. Why? Well, in some ways it's like playing Fallout or Fallout2 as an FPS. Interesting story lines and missions and some of the ambushes from monsters have truly startled me. It took me a while to figure some of the economy and elements of the game...I wish there was a way to carry more crap...but I suspect that's their nod to realism...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote