Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #21
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
We will keep it up as long as its used dont worry. We are trying to figure out what the problem is.We have 4 different games on servers and FF is the only one that crashes for some reason.
With the 26 players that are on FF now, I dont see how you guys get a game going.must be offering free beer on the server or some thing lol.
Stankyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #22
Vicious
Nothing left to believe in

Do you have lag with only 10 players maybe 12? It's a 5v5 we're talking about here so if your server crashes when FULL but not with 10-12, you can still play.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #23
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
server is genrally fine just it gets its bad days and some weird lag its not a ping issue but just disapearing ppl like they were lagging out of game then all of a sudden pop back up but that night few days ago some kids actually said they saw this happen on a few server too, so maybe its even a steam prob or was that night i havnt seen that particular prob since. And as far as the crashing goes ive wittnest it both times when map WELL was over and about to change map to next in rotation it crashed. Unfortuneally both times right at prac time, and days, lol. Maybe Kommy could even contact Chaotic Llama and see how his server is setup afterall him and Kommy both use same server provider in the same town and same company. (theplanet)

Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #24
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Do you have lag with only 10 players maybe 12? It's a 5v5 we're talking about here so if your server crashes when FULL but not with 10-12, you can still play.
well yes im aware its only a 5v5 which would prob not be an issue but we are the most populated server in FF right now and ide like to keep it that way and not lose my regular pub players
And to fingers yes free beer and pretzels ofc :P

Old 11-30-2007, 01:43 AM   #25
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

from 3 - 10 pm(est) you can reach me on yahoo (stankyfingers). If it crashes im usually around to restart. Hopefully kommy can figure it out. Just dont forget Kommy and I both work 50 hr weeks so things take a little bit to get done sometimes.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #26
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

btw kommy is usually around after 10pm so try him after that. I got to get up at 5:30 in the morning and I will be sleepin.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #27
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
I may be able to help

Soulja knows that I have a server up, but I haven't tweaked it out yet.

If all else fails, PM me and we'll work something out.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #28
Vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo SkillZ
well yes im aware its only a 5v5 which would prob not be an issue but we are the most populated server in FF right now and ide like to keep it that way and not lose my regular pub players
And to fingers yes free beer and pretzels ofc :P

I understand that... but in order to get a true reliable server you kinda have to pay for it... and nobody really wants to buy someone else something when they're not getting anything in return.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #29
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
I understand that... but in order to get a true reliable server you kinda have to pay for it... and nobody really wants to buy someone else something when they're not getting anything in return.
There are tons of empty FF servers out there, if you where the owner of one of those, dont u think its a smart move just add some admins, let em choose the cycle and do casual tryouts and bam, server gets full everyday?
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Sure, it's a great idea. That is, if you don't want your server to be yours. If you don't care about actually being able to run it, set up map lists, change anything about it, etc... sure. The problem with this, though, is that eventually UGC will start using maps that don't come with the game and unless you're able to specifically add those in, chances are you won't be able to practice them.

They've already shown interest that they will be doing this by making the first league match (this time around) dropdown. You can bet they'll continue to do this.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #31
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
Sure, it's a great idea. That is, if you don't want your server to be yours. If you don't care about actually being able to run it, set up map lists, change anything about it, etc... sure. The problem with this, though, is that eventually UGC will start using maps that don't come with the game and unless you're able to specifically add those in, chances are you won't be able to practice them.

They've already shown interest that they will be doing this by making the first league match (this time around) dropdown. You can bet they'll continue to do this.
I said "let the guys choose the cycle", ofc we mean adding new maps and stuff just like we did with this server, and DROPDOWN has a MAJOR bug that should keep that map away from leagues.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 AM   #32
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Has the bug been posted in the mapping forums under the ff_dropdown thread? I would like to know what it is and see if I can reproduce it.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 AM   #33
Vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBuster
There are tons of empty FF servers out there, if you where the owner of one of those, dont u think its a smart move just add some admins, let em choose the cycle and do casual tryouts and bam, server gets full everyday?

But most people right now are on the verge (if not doing it already) of shutting down their servers because they're unpopulated and are moving to TF2... it's sad but true. If I was the owner of one of those servers I think I would drop it as well sadly.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:21 AM   #34
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
Has the bug been posted in the mapping forums under the ff_dropdown thread? I would like to know what it is and see if I can reproduce it.
You can reproduce it easily. Simply drop the flag on the lip in the tube and walk up to it from the outside of the tube. You'll be able to grab it through the tube.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #35
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
But most people right now are on the verge (if not doing it already) of shutting down their servers because they're unpopulated and are moving to TF2... it's sad but true. If I was the owner of one of those servers I think I would drop it as well sadly.
Ive seen servers that are still with 1.0, so its obvius some people just set the server and dissapears for a while, or just not giving up on FF or having lots of bandwith so he can keep that one or whatever, one of those may have a good conection and we can help each other.