Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 07-29-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
barronofhellion

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
King of LCD HDtv/monitor

hey all i thought id ask if anybody has a hdtv and is using it as a monitor. i was thinking about geting a samsung 40" or a sharp,.. but want a screen that has lots of colors because i do grafix.. and cant stand nasty 16-24bit color... mainly id use it to watch movies and play games thought, went to bestripoff erherm bestbuy and they were displaying some with hddvd's and imo youtube videos look better then a bigscreen lcd using hddvds ... i have a nec 22" crt and a noname brand 19" right now , and must say that 1280x1024 on these looks 111131313x better then any hd lcd screens i have been looking at, price is no object, what do you suggest ?
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barronofhellion
hey all i thought id ask if anybody has a hdtv and is using it as a monitor. i was thinking about geting a samsung 40" or a sharp,.. but want a screen that has lots of colors because i do grafix.. and cant stand nasty 16-24bit color... mainly id use it to watch movies and play games thought, went to bestripoff erherm bestbuy and they were displaying some with hddvd's and imo youtube videos look better then a bigscreen lcd using hddvds ... i have a nec 22" crt and a noname brand 19" right now , and must say that 1280x1024 on these looks 111131313x better then any hd lcd screens i have been looking at, price is no object, what do you suggest ?
I would not get an HD TV, but an HD monitor, IF you are not planning on using as a tv. This is because HD monitors tend to cost less because they don't have a tv tuner in them. You can buy a USB tv tuner also if you want to do that later down the road. As far as brands, I have no idea.
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
barronofhellion

well your right, i would not use it for a hdtv but just a monitor, my apartment has free cable tv but i dont use it because imo out of 1000 channels nothings on thats more intresting then say, static noise ...
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
I am trying the same thing. Only thing is I must be retarded because I'm having trouble setting the damn thing up with windows media edition. 1337 skill has gone down 13 points (1324).
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
Tennovan
The one and only

Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC? 2560x1600 *drool*

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=222-7175
Tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote