Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
Shopping Cart Solution

My company is launching a new product on August 1. Our portal site that contains our marketing pages is almost complete but we are struggling with the E-Commerce and shopping cart portion. Our marketing pages are hosted onsite here, but we are seeking a simple HOSTED solution for the checkout process.

This is where it gets tricky. Our vendor who will be fulfilling the orders requires the transaction information to be submitted via a data stream, not an email or similar. Through a webservice or http post.

So the question is is there a customizable hosted cart out there that can do this, and if not, will we somehow have to create this on our side? If thats the case, I'm trying to figure out the user-friendly flow. And I gotta find a effing programmer.

Last edited by puppychow; 07-18-2007 at 04:13 PM.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Most webhosting companies offer a shoppingcart system now.
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

ug, i dont think u understand my question. maybe i wasnt clear. the order confirmation after successfull payment needs to be transmitted via a data stream, not via email. it auto authenticates into their system.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I hear Volusion is good. Maybe write them or read through their site and see if that is possible.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
My company is launching a new product on August 1. Our portal site that contains or marketing pages is almost complete but we are struggling with the E-Commerce and shopping cart portion. Our marketing pages are in are hosted onsite here, but we are seeking a simple HOSTED solution for the checkout process.

This is where it gets tricky. Our vendor who will be fulfilling the orders requires the transaction information to be submitted via a data stream, not an email or similar. Through a webservice or http post.

So the question is is there a customizable hosted cart out there that can do this, and if not, will we somehow have to create this on our side? If thats the case, I'm trying to figure out the user-friendly flow. And I gotta find a effing programmer.
I ran this by our web development division and no one here knows of one that would do something like this. We've always done this via custom software for our clients, usually in a microsoft environment. They've told me they could customize one of the hosted cart systems we have here to send out streamed confirmations though. We could also host the system for you, it would take a few modifications. We've always had the cart as an integrated piece to the web solution, if you just want the cart part hosted we'd have to create a management system for you to add/remove items, as well as setup the vendor link.

Send me a PM if you're unable to find another solution and we can talk about specifications and pricing.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

ty! i may in fact be in touch...

Old 07-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Dont do it! Hes gonna rip you!
Coronius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #8
Atari

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
It's hard to tell without further details, but I'm guessing you're talking about cXML transactions, more commonly known as open buying/punchout?

Let me know if so, as I've been working on this project for 2 years where I work.
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote