Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 01-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #221
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
The green part is too large.

I don't CARE about anime. I don't actively seek anime to watch. If something is shown to me because it's anime, I don't bother with it.

The few anime series and whatnot I do like, I don't like because they're anime. If it weren't anime, but otherwise the same, I'd still like it. The fact that it's anime is irrelevant. So I do not care about anime. Is it any clearer yet?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #222
o_gnyevko

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I wanted to fit the damn thing on one 800x600 screen. Let's just consider the green to be both anime you like and anime you would like if you've seen it... and I suppose to flesh it out we can throw in any anime that doesn't make you regurgitate to think about.

I agree with you though, I don't watch anything just because it's anime. I watch things because they are GOOD. That is the only deciding factor. I wouldn't call myself a generic lover of Anime, just as I wouldn't call myself a generic lover of music. I am a lover of GOOD music and GOOD anime and any other show anime or not that is GOOD. I still have to give a shit about anime to watch any of it though. I wouldn't listen to music if I didn't give a shit about it.
o_gnyevko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #223
o_jinx

hahaha nice diagram. you could do the same with movies, music, and tv for most people, which is of course the point.

funny how my two favorite shows right now- Avatar and Battlestar Galactica- both start with mass genocide bwahaha!

Maybe I should start "The Sci-Fi Sucks Thread" so we can talk about all our favorite sci-fi stuff....!
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #224
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
That's about accurate, then.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #225
o_gnyevko

<3

And yes, I LOVE to split hairs.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #226
o_jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
The green part is too large.

I don't CARE about anime. I don't actively seek anime to watch. If something is shown to me because it's anime, I don't bother with it.

The few anime series and whatnot I do like, I don't like because they're anime. If it weren't anime, but otherwise the same, I'd still like it. The fact that it's anime is irrelevant. So I do not care about anime. Is it any clearer yet?
I agree, you shouldn't watch something just because it's anime. None of us are saying that. Hell, I HATE a lot of anime. Like anything, you have to look through a lot of crap to find the good stuff.

In a way I think we're saying the same thing. However, don't you actively seek out new music, movies, tv shows, etc.? Why wouldn't you do the same with anime, especially if you've come across some shows you liked? I'm a sci-fi & action nut, and I find a lot of anime in those genres, so of course I keep an eye out. Tell us what shows you've enjoyed, and I'm sure we could suggest a couple others worth checking out that are in the same genre.

I think the medium is of some interest, though. I mean, I enjoy the story in Battlestar, but I also appreciate the special effects, sets, acting, etc. In the same way, if you are watching anime, you learn to appreciate the animation, character design, voice acting, etc. How the medium is used to express the story, how the two sync up, is pretty interesting. There are some stories, for example, that would be really hard to tell in a medium other than the one they were done in. Sandman, for example, probably wouldn't work as anything other than a graphic novel.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #227
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
In a way I think we're saying the same thing. However, don't you actively seek out new music, movies, tv shows, etc.? Why wouldn't you do the same with anime, especially if you've come across some shows you liked?
Nope. I don't actively seek out anything. Usually any new thing I come across, I'm linked to it, or someone recommends it, or I see it somewhere. I've never had the thought "Time to find some new [insert whatever here]."

Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #228
o_jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Nope. I don't actively seek out anything. Usually any new thing I come across, I'm linked to it, or someone recommends it, or I see it somewhere. I've never had the thought "Time to find some new [insert whatever here]."
Weird. I'm always looking for new stuff, whether it's music, anime, or tv shows that I might like. Most of what's out there is crap, and the good stuff doesn't just fall in your lap most of the time. Have to cast a wide net and sift through for the goodies.

ps: we are posting so much that we both officially have no lives.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #229
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Like we needed to post repeatedly to prove that...

Anyway, you missed my point: I don't care about anime. I'm not really interested in sifting through anything for the "goodies." Even the good stuff isn't worth that kind of effort, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #230
o_gnyevko

I'm exactly like Circ, I never go out and look for new anything, I let people like Nezumi find it for me. Other than that I stumble on things accidently. I'm the same with games even, I'll just sit around playing the same old games that I like until somebody gets me to grudgingly agree to go to Fred Meyer or something and points out that a new "series I have enjoyed in the past" game has come out. Other than that I have to go over to someone's house and happen upon them playing/watching a game/anime to even have a chance of playing/watching it.

I STILL think that even in that circumstance you have to care about it to watch it. Even if it's just because there is nothing better to do, you stil care about it more than nothing.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #231
o_soundchaser

I may have already said this but...ANIME FRAMES PER SECOND IS TERRIBLE!!!
Pisses me off so...i don't watch the crap.

Even Bug Bunny Looney Tunes from the 50's and 60's had better FPS.....
o_soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #232
o_gnyevko

Not all anime has the same FPS. Lots of old anime has pretty bad FPS, but it went up dramatically for high-budget shows around 1996... did you just come through a time-warp or something?

Old 01-11-2007, 07:04 AM   #233
o_nezumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser
I may have already said this but...ANIME FRAMES PER SECOND IS TERRIBLE!!!
Pisses me off so...i don't watch the crap.

Even Bug Bunny Looney Tunes from the 50's and 60's had better FPS.....
It's all about budget dude. Find a movie or high budget show.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2007, 08:45 AM   #234
o_lithium

HADOKEN! hahah the Street Fighter cartoon isn't so bad too.
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #235
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

I'm always amused by the ending credits.

Ryu and Ken are so gay.