Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2005, 03:50 PM   #81
o_three_gunn

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtoofa
Just a reminder that concept art is meant to be an inspiration for the character modeller / skinner it's not the final product of what it will look like in game.
i have inspiration to cry tears of joy. its like a dream...can't believe this is actually being done. *applause*
o_three_gunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #82
Rojola

That demo and medic concept art looks fantastic, which is nice.
Rojola is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2005, 05:48 PM   #83
o_oinker

Omg

I love what you did with the shoutgun makign it looks like the old one props hella mad props is all i gotta say medic looks niCe and demon man is awsome.

I just think it's totally friggin awsome how you guys take the old style tfc looks and put it in with a new look to it just makes it gahh I love you guys... lol

(disclamer: i am in no means gay, or a stalker...... well maybe a FF stalker lmao)
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2005, 06:19 PM   #84
o_cap

Hating on Old Models...

I'd just like to throw in my 2 cents and say that the medic is wonderful as is! The last thing I want is for him to look anything like the new models--- new models suck extra.

TFC is all about the clean, good ole' boy GI Joe factor.

TFC/FF should _not_ be filled with "Matrix-esque 'high speed' models, with gas masks, laser eyes, spikes on their shoulders, and tubes sticking out at random places, catering to unimaginative teens who listen to Korn/Limp Bizcuit, with handles like "ShadowLord-IceLogic."

I bawled like a baby when the tfc new models were released back in the day, before I learned that they were optional.

You're on the right track as is FF, don't be led astray by uninspired suggestions!

Cap
o_cap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #85
o_sobe green

Re: Hating on Old Models...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap
I'd just like to throw in my 2 cents and say that the medic is wonderful as is! The last thing I want is for him to look anything like the new models--- new models suck extra.

TFC is all about the clean, good ole' boy GI Joe factor.

TFC/FF should _not_ be filled with "Matrix-esque 'high speed' models, with gas masks, laser eyes, spikes on their shoulders, and tubes sticking out at random places, catering to unimaginative teens who listen to Korn/Limp Bizcuit, with handles like "ShadowLord-IceLogic."

I bawled like a baby when the tfc new models were released back in the day, before I learned that they were optional.

You're on the right track as is FF, don't be led astray by uninspired suggestions!

Cap
Thats a very broad generalization. The musical taste of people doesn't have anything to do with TFC having new models. Not to mention for most of TFC's life the general public consisted of those "unimaginative teens" who kept the game alive.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #86
o_cap

A. Generalization are useful and economic indications of broad patterns, and, keeping in mind their limitations, I'm proud to make them.

B. History has shown that unimaginative people have had little problem enjoying works of the imaginative, from the groundlings in The Globe to CS drones playing TFC. They don't _create_ the objects of their entertainment however, and---as is my point---they should be kept from doing so.

C. As for the relevancy of musical taste, it's minimal, but real nonetheless. Would you want rap-influenced individuals suggesting (and, god forbid, being listened to) that classes say "Yo nurse, shoot me wit' some morphene!"

This is an exaggeration of course, but proves my point well enough. In the same way that rap/African American slang is inappropriate to this game, so too is any angst-ridden, wannabe byronic hero, post-modern, "I did it all for the nookie" MTV-brainwashed trash. (Like the exaggerated examples I gave, and their more frequent-albeit-toned-down variants.)

Enough generalizations for you? =)

Cap
o_cap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2005, 03:51 AM   #87
schtoofa
Retired FF Staff

LOL. Now that would be hilarious to call for the medic and hear - "Yo nurse, shoot me wit' some morphene!"

Old 02-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #88
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap
A. Generalization are useful and economic indications of broad patterns, and, keeping in mind their limitations, I'm proud to make them.

B. History has shown that unimaginative people have had little problem enjoying works of the imaginative, from the groundlings in The Globe to CS drones playing TFC. They don't _create_ the objects of their entertainment however, and---as is my point---they should be kept from doing so.

C. As for the relevancy of musical taste, it's minimal, but real nonetheless. Would you want rap-influenced individuals suggesting (and, god forbid, being listened to) that classes say "Yo nurse, shoot me wit' some morphene!"

This is an exaggeration of course, but proves my point well enough. In the same way that rap/African American slang is inappropriate to this game, so too is any angst-ridden, wannabe byronic hero, post-modern, "I did it all for the nookie" MTV-brainwashed trash. (Like the exaggerated examples I gave, and their more frequent-albeit-toned-down variants.)

Enough generalizations for you? =)

Cap
You are very ignorant and I'll leave it at that.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote