Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Cannot view wiki

I haven't been able to view the wiki for a while and today I am rebuilding some scripts and wanted to check out the engy stuff. Actually I don't thank I have ever been able to access it.

Looks like perhaps my account isn't passing the authentication over to where the wiki is stored. I have tried 3 browsers: IE 8, FireFox 3, and that P.O.S. Chrome.

Each browser prompts for authentication in their own respective ways, and IE warns me that the prompt for authentication not encrypted.

From IE:

The server www.fortress-forever.com at Fortress Forever Wiki requires a user-name and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your user-name and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

I have tried to pass my user name and pwd in each instance, but it won't take my forum credentials. it's probably looking for the back-end credentials or I don't have access to read than data. I also get this message:

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8k DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.fortress-forever.com Port 80

Any help would be appreciated.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 10-06-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added text shown when I try and get out of the authentication loop
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Pon
Not choking. Yet.
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Demo/Def - Spy/Off
Gametype: Anything but yet more fucking CTF
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
You must be using an old bookmark, I guess.

If you go FF's front page and click on the Manual link, it should take you to the wiki.

YOU GUYS REALLY SHOULD UPDATE YOUR STAFF LIST!
I haven't posted since 2010...

Preferable to death. But only just...
Pon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Thank You,

I was looking all over for a wiki link and the fact the wiki IS the manual didn't spark the correct connection in my brain. I was using old links from older threads that point to www.fortress-forever.com/wiki.

It's wiki2.

//EDIT in particular links in the Basic Binds and Commands thread.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 10-06-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Pon
Not choking. Yet.
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Demo/Def - Spy/Off
Gametype: Anything but yet more fucking CTF
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
:/ yeah, i guess a load of old links haven't been updated for the change yet. I'll go take a peek at those posts you mention.

YOU GUYS REALLY SHOULD UPDATE YOUR STAFF LIST!
I haven't posted since 2010...

Preferable to death. But only just...
Pon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

The wiki that's asking for a password is the new wiki that Ihmhi is currently creating. He wanted that one as the main "wiki" to take care of all the links, so everything was moved, then the new wiki was put in the "wiki" link. They thought they'd do it fairly quickly and that's why it was changed before it was done. Then work on it stalled. I have not heard when the wiki team will be done with it. When they are we'll unpassword protect it.

Scuzzy

Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Thanks for the info. I noticed a lot of classess in the current wiki are lacking script examples. There are plenty in the forum though.

Tags
forum administration