Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #11
o_grocam

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The show off "Im elite thread"

Well dinner is served girls

I've started with TF 2.5 in summer 1997 got hooked at the 1st minutes because of its "omg sniper with a red dot awesome lol !" feature.

Afterwards played on publics joined a French clan, my very first one and we even played clangames and joined the ITFL (international team fortress league)
got along the europeean community and well known clans : SG, saints, WK, HiV those were the days.

My 1st clan switched to another game Tribes, we were devoted to this game for years, but as for myself I was still interested by the TF gameplay so I followed the progress of Team fortress classic who was made by Valve and Robin Walker to make the wait of one of the greatest vaporwares (team fortress 2) much easier.

So thats it, TFC was sortof a emergency procedure - a "fill the gap" game.
And it went suprinsingely good at first .. and terrible when years passed community and gameplay wise.

So I made a clan TfP- with a old mate who also played QWTF with me, so we decided to show players our knowledge among the players who never heard of priming grenades, concussion jumping and even rocket jumps.
That way with friends we formed a community, shared tricks and got along with UK players (Anomaly) who were involved on the TFC beta version.

About one year after another version of TFC came up, TF 1.5 who completely ruined the game for once and for ever. Valve decided to apply their "newbie friendly" politic to Team Fortress classic and it came up with a popular game who is now about 2 times slower/nervous than previous versions.

Tribes and TFC 1.0.0.6 were very fast games and TFC became a truck grenades blast radius was ridiculous it became spammy as hell.

So with our former TFC clan and few players of the french community (the most mature ones because we're so damn elite) we decided to go play as a whole new clan for the upcoming Q3f who was a mix with QWTF and Quake 3 arena gameplay - demoman was playable, game was fast and newtricks came up with this new TF installement, this clan was named Rp (rocket poets) and since now we're still together - not with games but as friends.

I ve tried to play TFC again.. few times with all kinds of clans but I was never hooked to it - like the previous versions.

ETF launch was unsucessful, it was too similar with Q3f so my only hope to restore the original TF gameplay is Fortress fever - I except something suitable for players who are looking for a fast paced game with FF and of course ignoring that stupid "newbie friendly" thing.

Source developpement is hard, I hope your project will come to an end.
o_grocam is offline   Reply With Quote