Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Snow

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Promoting FF

Wow, that really sucked. I just typed up a post and the forum suddenly logged me out and made me re-sign in, losing all that text.

Well, I'm out of time now, so I'll just have to sum up what I said:

I'm new here and a new fan of FF. I couldn't play the mod before because I had strange lag problems with it, recently they seemed to go away. Now I prefer the mod over TF2. I like the style and look of TF2 characters/levels, but FF is still better, with nades, better balance and feels a lot more like the original. A player in a server last night was worried that not enough people are playing the mod to keep it alive. I did notice a lot of empty servers. I promised I would spread the word around. I was wondering, what promotional materials exist for the game? I know everyone here is hard at work, smoothing out the mod and adding to it .. and man, good work so far. Anyway, banners and links are one thing, but I know that other groups have done promotional stuff like holding community competitions for things like level design for instance and spread the word out on the net to potential designers. Some sites have even resorted to whacky stuff, like people dressing up as game characters and spreading the word on the streets (but please, please, if anyone dresses up like the FF classes, don't run around with realistic prop guns).

My favorite game... well second favorite now to FF is Soldat. It also has a very small community compared to the mainstream games out there. We have discussed promotion in the forums and somebody came up with the idea of making an official trailer for the game. I know there are videos for FF. I don't know if there is a trailer. I've known of the mod since the first page on Moddb and had it for quite a while (just wish I could have been able to enjoy it ealier lol), so I haven't been to the site or on the moddb page recently. Anyway, t-shirts are Soldats newest weapon of promotion. It seems like it's getting easier to sell t-shirts. The following is a company that also hosts a store for you. I don't know if you can make much profit from selling t-shirts through them. You could use whatever you get for profit for hosting the site.

Spreadshirt Company

Here is an example for game promotion:

Soldat T-shirts

--Snow.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote