Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #17
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
I promise he wanted to hit the hawk and not scare him away. I promise.
You honestly think that he wasn't trying to hit it? After taking umpteen shots at it? Everytime the Hawk remained motionless after every close shot probably pissed him off even more. Silently inside for even a split second I can guarantee you he was proud of himself for hitting a small target sitting up in a tree a hundred feet away. Even if was only for a split second I'd put money on it.

Someone who was trying to scare it away would have taken a few shots at it, and would have either given up out of frustration or he would have walked up to the tree and threw things at it instead. He totally saw it as a challenge and went for it.

Just a hawk? pffft how about "It's a living creature", sure it's protected animal and is regarded in higher view than other birds, but the sensless killing of an innocent creature should be frowned upon in all situations.

On the drive home from a job, my coworker was driving, and on the road there were 4 prairie chickens. He accelerated to hit them, and was proud about the fact he hit 3 out of the 4. I was appaulled, and he went around shop gloating about it, and making fun of me for being pissed about it.

But when everything was said and done, the other shop guys were about as disgusted about it as I was.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote