Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
lollerskates

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Identifying spies is too difficult

I searched a few times but didn't find anything about the subject.

In FF, you cannot differentiate between enemy spies and friendly players by simply shooting at them, because everyone bleeds the same way. In TFC you could tell the difference because teammates did not bleed or otherwise respond to hits.

When I started playing FF I immediately noticed that teammates were constantly shooting at each other (soldiers usually put one or two rockets into me every time I see them), a lot more than they ever did in TFC. Today I finally realized that friendly players and enemy spies both respond to hits in an identical fashion, making it impossible for you to tell who's who. The only way to be sure is to keep shooting until your target dies (spy) or you're sure they should be dead already (probably friendly). This takes a lot of time and sometimes makes you waste grenades just to be on the safe side. I play as a spy myself so I can identify enemy spies by getting close, but that's not always an option.

Spies are already more poweful than ever thanks to the cloaking and sabotage abilities, but this bleeding thing just makes them ridiculously overpowered. Is it a feature or an oversight? If it's something that's not going to be changed, I'm probably going to stop playing entirely. Spending most of your time chasing after teammates or supposed teammates just isn't fun or interesting.
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote