Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server Administration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
Kommy000
Good ole KaliKop

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF server problems

I have no idea why this is so difficult. I used to run TFC server since 1999, no problem. So finally got into Source server hosting. I setup the HLDS server files, test ran Deathmatch, no problems. Now downloaded the Fortress forever windows server files directly from gaming server. I have never installed any mods, so I unzipped it into the main directory. Started the server with the correct -game FortressForever line. No problem it started fine. Now I tried connecting to it and it shows it as passworded.
What the heck??? I checked back and force and I do not have any config files, I even placed my own config file with only server name and map and it still shows it passworded. What is going on?? How do I remove the password. I restarted server multiple times and it still shows it passworded. Can't connect to my own server.
Anybody has any ideas?

GOD BLESS IT!!!, did a search and found couple of posts here about server.cfg and sombody mentioned file valve.rc So I connected back to my dedicated server found the file and long and behold there is that setting in one of the lines that passwords the server. Holy c...p!!! now why the heck would somebody do that

Last edited by Kommy000; 09-14-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Kommy000 is offline   Reply With Quote