Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
summit

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencheetah
That video makes the game seem like such a shitty thing to play. Seriously... No more grenades? What the fuck gave them that idea? "Oh we thought new players had a hard time around people who use grenades, they were such an overused item.. blah blah blah" Seriously, thats retarded. Grenades seperated good players from bad players, as well as grenades are just flat out used in war/wargames.

I can't wait to run around and laugh at all the SILLY character models and chuckle at the crazy antics all around. It's gonna be awesome, just as awesome as how the medic can't infect anymore.

Oh boy Valve, thank you for giving us the VALVE experience, you fucking douchebags.

I have to ask seriously, do any O.T guild members work in valve and have been helping with that project? The amount of nerf they want doesn't feel sane.

Either way though, score one for us... FF will hit harder being as it is old TF2 and still fun.
Posts like these make me want to avoid any game you support. Regardless of how good it is. A game is nothing without the community that supports it, and you do a piss-poor job at representing that community who I'm sure are not all ignorant arrogant elitests.

Quote:
For one, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the fact that grenades were going to be taken out. Seeing as how the grenades provide the experience that is in fact, Team Fortress Classic. You remember that fast paced game where you need to capture the flag? Remember how grenades helped you get to that objective by helping with movement and getting to high ledges, let alone clearing a room before entering it. Setting traps with grenades was also important, and was vital to some defenses.
You talk about a feature for a different game - how do you know how the removal of grenades affects TF2's gameplay? You can only assume, and that's fine if you don't intend to get too emotional or set on one train of thought, but it's clear you don't plan on giving TF2 a fair go, so it's sad to see an assumption ruin that.

I'm not going to try and argue having/not having grenades would help/hinder TF2's gameplay, because quite frankly I don't know. I like the points Robin lists (ie no spam); do you actually object to what he said? I don't find it terribly skill based either.

Quote:
Team Fortress 2 looks like it was thrown together quickly after they caught wind of FF or something else that could take money from Valve.
No. But then again maybe the fat cats at VALVe do search the internets for unfinished mods to steal ideas off of. Don't think so though.

Quote:
I think instead of acting like a stuck up bitch with valves cock in your mouth, you should take it out and understand where I'm coming from.
Take some of your own advice - you take everything and give nothing. You don't credit where credit's due, and you don't acknowledge why they possibly might do things (you could just make another assumption). That to me is a one sided argument and not worthy of reading, because it shows you've already got your mind made up.
summit is offline   Reply With Quote