Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
o_tamerlane

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The GODLY list of changes

changes. they are a part of everyday life. one thing fortress forever needs: no changes. why? BECAUSE ITS FINE THE WAY IT IS!.i see talk about making soldiers weak as snipers, making snipers near invisible, making pyros the bringer of pain and destruction. hws with puny guns? BUT WHAT WILL THE N00BS PLAY AS?!!! i say , fortress forever staff, change as little as possible.
i want to see fortress forever to be as close as a direct port as possible. ive seen previews of tfc2 and im disgusted. not only are the graphics muddy, but they have taken away the tfc spirit and put in....crap.
and that my friends is the GODLY list of changes. (none, that is) so if i want realism, ill play counter strike. if i want unrealism and fast paced action, ill play ut2004. please...just leave tfc the way it is.
thank you
zac
o_tamerlane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
o_folia

Wait for TF(C):S if you're unwilling to learn new things in life. Myself, I'll be playing FF...
o_folia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Unfortunately, changing nothing will result in a mod that dies out quickly.

TFC is fading fast and its gameplay has a lot of problems. If we don't fix the bad points and also add some other stuff, very few people will actually play it. Many of the people left in TFC have played for 3-5.5 years; I doubt those same people will to play exactly the same game with cool graphics for any great deal of time.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #4
o_mooga

There is a fat chance that TF:S will have B-Hoping and stuff.
There is a bigger chance of TF2 coming out then TF:S infact...
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2005, 11:01 PM   #5
o_anshinritsumai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag

TFC is fading fast and its gameplay has a lot of problems. If we don't fix the bad points and also add some other stuff, very few people will actually play it. Many of the people left in TFC have played for 3-5.5 years; I doubt those same people will to play exactly the same game with cool graphics for any great deal of time.
I've been playing for roughly 4.5 - 5 years now...

I'd play it with "cool graphics" for a hell of alot longer, especially with ragdolls....
o_anshinritsumai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2005, 11:41 PM   #6
o_vanquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag

I've been playing for roughly 4.5 - 5 years now...

I'd play it with "cool graphics" for a hell of alot longer, especially with ragdolls....
You and very few others.

TFC to me gets boring very quickly now that I've been playing so long. I'm lucky to get an hour in every week (or longer if it's stormy out on my day off), whereas I play CS:S close to an hour a day now. Not because I like it more than TFC, I just got bored of playing the same game day in and day out for 5 years. If FF was the exact same game with better graphics I wouldn't play it. If FF will be a beefed up version with better game play balance and less bugs, then I will.
o_vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2005, 11:50 PM   #7
o_curly

I don't like the resistant to change attitude. I like appropriate change, and I'm much more open to new ideas that most people here. If someone has a good, although radical (relatively speaking-- changing a few damage values is considered radical for a tf game) idea, I say add it. Anyhow, I think that the dev team here knows what they're doing, and will incorporate some necesarily change while keeping the TF feel.
o_curly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 12:05 AM   #8
o_excell

I don't know why people complaine when the Fortress Forever team is trying to make the game as good as possible(they will be playing it too you know..) Why would they take out the gameplay that people know, love and that actually work? They wouldn't and they won't. They are going to make this game better than TFC so that more people will play it.
o_excell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #9
o_sobe green

I'm glad they are making changes. As been said, TFC is in need of a MAJOR change.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 01:16 AM   #10
o_binarylife

You need to keep in mind that there are levels and perspectives of the game that you cannot see. Things must be changed for it to remain the same. It doesn't sound like it makes sense. But when you start playing the game you'll realize that it feels and plays great. You'll enjoy it just like you enjoyed TFC. Many things will have changed, but chances are, you wont notice any of them.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 02:01 AM   #11
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

It takes all kinds. When Valve took away 2 of my mirvs and changed the strength of the concs and put the "new netcode" in place I stopped enjoying the game. Ask anyone that knows me...I never got over that.

So, remove the saddle from your high horses. "Don't change a thing". "Change everything". Stick it in your ear and wait for what the FF team produces then decide for yourself. I swear...you guys are like a bunch of old women sometimes...
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 02:31 AM   #12
o_curly

Re: The GODLY list of changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamerlane
if i want realism, ill play counter strike.
That was a joke, right?? (byebye credibility. )

Are TF games like TFC and ETF "fine"? Sure. They play well, and are alot of fun. Are they perfect? Absolutley not. Can they be improved? Certainly. There are many things that could be changed to improve the gameplay and make it more enjoyable.
o_curly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 02:49 AM   #13
o_binarylife

Quote:
Are TF games like TFC and ETF "fine"? Sure. They play well, and are alot of fun. Are they perfect? Absolutley not. Can they be improved? Certainly. There are many things that could be changed to improve the gameplay and make it more enjoyable.
*Sigh*
We can always learn and we can always improve ourselves. Anything can change etc etc....

As far as games go, I'm gonna take innoc's path and tell everyone to re-read his post. Cause I can't put it a better way.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #14
o_ping_chow_chi

I think the main thing is to keep FF as easy and as fun for new people to pick up as possible.
o_ping_chow_chi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #15
o_catzeyes93

I know I will play on FF once in a while probably, however I anticipate I will not play on it often. Only cuz I am an engi and I have grown used to using the teleporters, and it is obvious FF does not care for them so they are being taken out. But I agree that for the most part, change is good.
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #16
o_unborn_fetus

Nothing much needs to be changed. I understand the feign will not work correctally, so there somethig ntat need to be done there. Pyro is weak, bey be better off with a super shotty, engee railgun i sall but useless unless your hittign a stationary target.

Maybe remove bhopping all together or make it easier for others to leanr. I think the most fustrating thing is gettign noobs on a server and they don't understand why everyone can jump 100 feet in the air but them

I would getthe mod done. as similar to tfc as possible then add the tweaks later on once you getthe mod done.
o_unborn_fetus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #17
o_jefferino

Like most people have said already, if you just beef up the graphics the game will die fast like TFC is now. I personally wouldn't play FF for long if it was just beefed up graphics. If the dev team can change problems that they have faced playing TFC and if most of the problems are fixed that game will be much better.
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #18
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

sigh...

You know...this is the FF teams vision. I am sure there are areas on which they are open to suggestions or even seeking them. There are some really old school names on the team and this is their vision. Relax and watch what happens. Either that or double your Ritalin doses...

Besides do you really think that they're going to listen to your incessant yammering here? If you REALLY want to influence the mod...find a team member who is corruptible and do so. I understand that Fraggles is a sucker for a good Teriyaki Haggis...but you did NOT hear that from me...
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2005, 03:37 AM   #19
o_kashew

honestly i dont want the pyro to change. i love my puny gun. and HW guys are supposed to be a support guy. not some1 who cant kill. they are slow and unweildy. give them some sort of penalty for moving or make them have to be stationary or something. and soldiers like snipers? im not liking that. the HP and stuff were on. i think the weapons were a lil skewed but thats just my 2 cents out of $54.99.
o_kashew is offline   Reply With Quote