Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
SimCity Societies

http://www.destructoid.com/simcity-s...un-32951.phtml
Crazy :O
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Zencheetah

Great, yet another company ruining their video games. Thank you for this wonderful insight.
Zencheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
skuLL

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Omfg, crazy!
skuLL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 03:14 AM   #4
Serik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencheetah
Great, yet another company ruining their video games. Thank you for this wonderful insight.
EA: We ruin every game you love!

I've played SimCity since 1994 and this game looks gay as shit. EA/Twisted Mill removed zoning, power plants, water pipes, etc. because it was all "too complicated." Fuck that. It's not a real SimCity game without that stuff.

p.s. Twisted Mill is probably best known for the shit-tastic Caesar IV, another city builder they totally ruined.
Serik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 04:43 AM   #5
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serik
EA: We ruin every game you love!

I've played SimCity since 1994 and this game looks gay as shit. EA/Twisted Mill removed zoning, power plants, water pipes, etc. because it was all "too complicated." Fuck that. It's not a real SimCity game without that stuff.

p.s. Twisted Mill is probably best known for the shit-tastic Caesar IV, another city builder they totally ruined.
You're but one microscopic part of the market my friend, they had to dumb it down so they could atleast sell it to retards.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 04:48 AM   #6
skuLL

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
SimCity, unfortunately, isn't made for gamers, it's made for dumbs [a.k.a no gamers ):]
skuLL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #7
Serik

Skull -- SimCity is one of the oldest PC game franchises. In fact it's probably *the* classic PC game.

And I'm afraid you'e right, Suite. EA is clearly marketing this game to The Sims demographic (not everyone who plays The Sims is a total idiot, but the game does attract lots of kids). The SimCity Societies press release says you can build chocolate factories and gingerbread houses -- ya, that's a major selling point for them. Business-wise, this makes sense. But I can still be pissed off.

EA has ruined Command&Conquer AND SimCity, two of my favorite game series of all time. My contempt for them has no bounds.

Hopefully Will Wright will design a new SimCity (he hasn't really been involved with the series since SimCity 3000). Until then, we at least have Spore to look forward to.
Serik is offline   Reply With Quote