Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Tech

Old 08-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Acid Reflux

Class/Position: Pyro / D
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Acid Reflux Send a message via Yahoo to Acid Reflux
Ugly Technology?

http://arstechnica.com/journals/hard...s-for-xbox-360

This may be old but I found it interesting. I love the idea of an all aluminum chassis. My case is a Lian Li but that isn't the point. I don't care about the names. I buy products based on their functions, quality, and price.
I don't have an XBOX360 nor do I plan on owning on but what I want to commend on is people that are so stuck on disliking most things electronic and or tech in their family rooms. For example:

"KrancHammer
It is UGLY, unless you like techno-modern as a design philosophy. Stashed away on a rack, maybe, in the living room, no way."

If you are too good to look at electronics or technology because it is ugly, maybe you shouldn't use it at all! Do you "hide" your television in your huge wooden armoire too? Did you ever consider the intent of functionality? If functionality isn't a part of your "design philosophy" maybe you should pull your head out of your ass you Niles Crane wannabe.

I have a question for ya. Do you sit down when you pee?

This person just happens to be the one that sets me off. I just want to wipe my ass on all over his or her curtains!

It is these kind of people that buy surround sound systems and put all the speakers up front.

Or, they hide the speakers to the point where they aren't even close to proper position and they wonder why it sounds so horrible.

Last edited by Acid Reflux; 08-17-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Acid Reflux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
People will always be like this, but I do have to agree sometimes, some pieces are just UGLY.
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote