Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2007, 04:45 AM   #1
danger

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
To: the author of ff_congestus && FF developers

So I was giving FF a shot, as most old-timers are, and couldn't help but stumble across a map titled ff_congestus.

I just want to say congrats on the absolute sick port of Congestus. I'm honored that someone would even port my map, let alone do it with skill and ability. Very cool. Looks great - much better than the original and probably better than anything I could do.

Hard to think that it was 6 years ago when I made that map. I was still in high school!

Anyways, this is a tribute to a community that has been around and been a part of my life since I was a teenager. Seriously, how cool is it to not play any fortress game for almost two years and come back and see this?

Congrats Clover on the great map, whoever you are.

Congrats also to the FF developers, your efforts are heartfelt and the result has been a new fortress addiction for me for the last week. Here's to hoping it sticks!

-Ai|danger

Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Hey, you made the original Congestus?! And in highschool? You rock, man!!! Thanks for the many fun nights in TFC on that map; I look forward to some more there in FF
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 AM   #3
gizmofo
The Bestest

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by be_
Hey, you made the original Congestus?! And in highschool? You rock, man!!! Thanks for the many fun nights in TFC on that map; I look forward to some more there in FF
Seconded
I hope you pick mapping back up soon!
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

This is the kind of person we need. A great mapper, and a great player too I'm sure! Advertise to any clanmates and get em playing too, our community will slowly grow.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #5
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
The author of ff_congestus is shadow, a community mapper, and this is the release thread for the map: http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=11958
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 06:09 AM   #6
Doompiggy
Banned

I was there when you played it, as it was my server

F^|Sasuke-|InS|-
(p.s: I hate signing my post!)
Doompiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Industrial

cool tags :3
Industrial is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Ya, I too have to thank the original map maker for such an ass kicking map like congestus.

My all time favorite map in TFC, countless hours played on it.

And a shout out to shadow who ported it, I've finally got to play it, and that map is rockin. I don't know what everyone else's favorite little change was, but mine was those battlement windows being opened up on each side, so you can conc in and out of them, without having to try and conc through a window

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
exclamatio

haha wow, that's so awesome!

props for making the original btw :P
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger
So I was giving FF a shot, as most old-timers are, and couldn't help but stumble across a map titled ff_congestus.

I just want to say congrats on the absolute sick port of Congestus. I'm honored that someone would even port my map, let alone do it with skill and ability. Very cool. Looks great - much better than the original and probably better than anything I could do.

Hard to think that it was 6 years ago when I made that map. I was still in high school!

Anyways, this is a tribute to a community that has been around and been a part of my life since I was a teenager. Seriously, how cool is it to not play any fortress game for almost two years and come back and see this?

Congrats Clover on the great map, whoever you are.

Congrats also to the FF developers, your efforts are heartfelt and the result has been a new fortress addiction for me for the last week. Here's to hoping it sticks!

-Ai|danger
Thank you for both making the original Congestus(which I absolutely LOVE!!! And pulled off a nasty spy trick on.....much to the chagrin of my (then) clan...) AND for not having a cow over someone re-making it without your permission!!! Major Kudo's to you for an inventive, fun, and damned addictive map! I hope to see you on a server sometime, either on my team, or the other.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 02:46 AM   #11
shadow
Retired FF Staff

Hey, I did get his permission a while ago, after him discovering me making it without his permission.

Of course, (addressing danger now) I included you in all the credits! I'm glad you approve of the remake, I tried my best!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 AM   #12
Unknownfigure

Thank you for making that wonderful map. I've spent many nights on both Axl's TFC and Impulse TFC, with those oldies, playing that map. Once again, thank you for making that possible.
Unknownfigure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Thank you thank you thank you! This map is, probably, my favorite map to both pub and league in.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote