Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
o_sobe green

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
What are your top 5 favorite Xbox games?

We were discussing this at work last night so I'm interested in knowing what you guys think. In no certain order here are mine:

1. Hunter: The Reckoning (and Redeemer)
I've never had more fun with a group of friends than when I first played this game. We fought alot about who went which direction but it was tons of fun.

2. Blood Rayne 2
My girlfriend got me into this one. After the third or fourth time I played I was hooked into it and didn't quit playing until I beat it. Shame there isn't a third one or that this one wasn't so buggy.

3. Fusion Frenzy
I don't know anyone that hasn't enjoyed this game. Fun for a group of people. We turned it into a drinking game. We played Twisted and Sumo. On Sumo if you fell off you took a shot. On twisted you took a shot for every barrier you hit. The second one is supposed to have Xbox Live features. woot!

4. Soul Calibur II
This was the first fighting game (non arcade) I had played and really enjoyed since the second Mortal Kombat. I just wish it was harder and not as short.

5. Halo (and Halo 2)
I'm not a fan of the Halo single player at all. I also hate the controller for an FPS ordeal. But the multiplayer (specially in 2) was tons of fun between all of my friends.

I know there are some badass games out there that rock your face and all that. But if I was told I could only have five games I'd list those. I really wanted to put X-Men Legends I and II on there. Especially the first one, man that was fun. Guess I should have made a top 6 instead.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
o_voipme

You've got some...interesting tastes in Xbox gaming. Completely different from mine.

1. Halo/Halo2
Loved it. Halo was the reason that I actually bought an Xbox. Can't wait for H3! ...and my Xbox360 too.

2. Ninja Gaiden
This was one sweet game. So much to do, so pretty, so engrossing.

3. Otogi
Absolutely loved the amount of destruction I could cause. The second one wasn't as good.

4. Burnout 1/2/3
All of them were great. I haven't been able to try the newest one, but I'm sure it will be just as much fun.

5. Prince of Persia
The first one was great. Had some good times with that one.

Its really hard to limit all of my favorite Xbox games down to 5.
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

a pity this was limited to Xbox.

FWIW one of my favs I feel certain is on the Xbox too and that Gran Turismo 4...wow...whatta game!
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by voipme
You've got some...interesting tastes in Xbox gaming. Completely different from mine.

1. Halo/Halo2
Loved it. Halo was the reason that I actually bought an Xbox. Can't wait for H3! ...and my Xbox360 too.

2. Ninja Gaiden
This was one sweet game. So much to do, so pretty, so engrossing.

3. Otogi
Absolutely loved the amount of destruction I could cause. The second one wasn't as good.

4. Burnout 1/2/3
All of them were great. I haven't been able to try the newest one, but I'm sure it will be just as much fun.

5. Prince of Persia
The first one was great. Had some good times with that one.

Its really hard to limit all of my favorite Xbox games down to 5.
I only played Halo 1/2 and Prince of Persia on your list. I've honestly not played a ton of Xbox games. Prince of Persia (other than Blood Rayne 2) was the only one player game I played. Actually now that I think of it I played the second PoP instead of the first. It was really fun but I got bored of having to do all the climbing everytime I walked into a new room.

I do agree though, it is hard to pick just five games you enjoy. I limited it to Xbox because I haven't played many PS2 games. Only the "bigger titles" like the GTA series and MGS2.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

1. Jade Empire - Great story, characters, action, etc. A bit easy, but the arena makes up for that a bit.

2. Ninja Gaiden - Very challenging, but rewarding

3. Psychonauts - If you don't at least crack a smile while playing this, go return your sense of humor, because it's broken.

4. Riddick - Good graphics, great atmosphere; puts the movie to shame.

5. Panzer Dragoon Orta - I love shooter games. Like all of 'em, this one's short, even including the extra "lunar lander" minigames. Still, it's about more than just beating it.

Last edited by Jiggles; 03-09-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
o_frenchtoast

1. PGR3 - It's good

2. Amped 2 - It's good, but not quite as good as PGR3

3. Halo 1/2 - They're not that great, but I haven't played much.

4. Morrowind - This game sucks hard on the Xbox, but I have to give props for introducing me to the PC version.

5. Haven't played any other games...
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
o_yomamashouse

These arent in any particular order, i dont favor one over the other.
1 - Halo 1/2 - im bored to death of em now but they were fun for the first bit.
2 - Dynasty warriors - My favourite mindless hack and slash with complementary chessy chinese drama.
3 - Morrowind - I like Xbox more than comp because i cant cheat on xbox.
4 - Fusion frenzy - This is a great game for parties
5 - Unreal games - they are pretty good, i play them whenever i go over to my friends house.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Little does YMH know that there are quite a few cheats for the XBox version of Morrowind.

( Also: does the PC version force you to cheat or something? :P )

Old 03-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
o_frenchtoast

No, but it's so painfully easy that you end up doing it.

In the console you just type give <whatever you want>, or set_<attribute> <whatever level you want>

So you end up with all your abilities at 5 million, and when you jump you end up on the other end of the world.

Or at least I do...

Old 03-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #10
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Man, you need some self control.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
o_frenchtoast

But it's just sooo easy. And you're like man, I don't wanna run all the way down there. So you set your speed way high and you're there in ten seconds.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #12
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

...seriously. Try jumping there, it's faster.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 AM   #13
o_jinx

I'm sure the 1player must have been good, but multiplayer Halo was mediocre and got boring quickly. I got sick of it and I didn't even own the system/game, just played it at my friend's house. Goldeneye ftw forever.
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #14
o_yomamashouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Little does YMH know that there are quite a few cheats for the XBox version of Morrowind.

( Also: does the PC version force you to cheat or something? :P )
Omg now im gunna go find those and cheat on xbox too...
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #15
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I enjoyed Halo/2's single-player quite a bit (except for Halo 1's extremely redundant level design). The multiplayer was simply mediocre, however.

Plus, I could overlook the crap console controls in single-player, but not so in multi: getting attacked and killed from behind before you can even turn around sucks. You could, of course, increase the analog stick sensitivity to make turning faster, but then sniping becomes a chore.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #16
o_lithium

I guess the only game that got my attention on Xbox is :

1. Burnout Revenge
2. Dead Or Alive 4
3. Fight Night
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #17
o_jinx

I had little interest in getting an XBox or PS2 since the games I would buy for those systems have PC equivalents that are as good or better. UT2k4 >>> Halo any day.

Also, I like mapping/modding, too, which you just can't do on a console. It would be great if they would release level editors that let you make custom maps using your pc, then download those maps to the console's hard drive. Custom content is why I love PC games so much, they keep a game from getting old.

I finally got a Gamecube a few weeks ago, though. I missed my Zelda, Metroid, and Mario action too much. Also, Gamecubes are cheap and the games I want are "old" and like $14.99 used lol. It's been quite fun catching up on my old favorites
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote