o_sobe green

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ok?
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
o_ivaqual

when was this posted ? sounds interesting

edit : i wouldn't bother that much about this, the copyright at the end of the page is still from 2004
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
o_curly

That's really, really old.
o_curly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
o_valk

4 years ago called
they want your thread
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #6
o_kam

ohsnap
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #7
o_cruor

That's plenty old news, besides TF2 would most likely suck since it's to CS:alized in it's concept.

Meh me wants FF forever and ever and ever...
o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #8
o_binarylife

It's been a bout 4 years since the page was updated anyway. I'm pretty sure valve abandoned that method of development. Maybe they'll get back to it, but god only knows.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #9
o_drzer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor
That's plenty old news, besides TF2 would most likely suck since it's to CS:alized in it's concept.

Meh me wants FF forever and ever and ever...
well I always saw much promise in it since it was like CS with stronger armour, respawns, and crazier rules and weapons
oh and classes so you could mark your way down stragically utilizing, eliminating, and avoiding other players using their different classes and abilitys
CS has got neither of these...
o_drzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
o_dirkpitt

he meant it was gonig to be more realistic then tfc, the guns and stuff did sound pretty csish
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
o_drzer0

I would just like a game with real time looking guns and such but completely off the wall physics and such, I like it when it takes an entire clip from a machine gun to drop someone, destroys the concept of who sees who faster and can click the mouse faster, then it comes down to who can run, jump, and shoot better

Old 03-02-2005, 05:27 PM   #12
o_dirkpitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZer0
I would just like a game with real time looking guns and such but completely off the wall physics and such, I like it when it takes an entire clip from a machine gun to drop someone, destroys the concept of who sees who faster and can click the mouse faster, then it comes down to who can run, jump, and shoot better
aren't those prob the same thing?
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #13
o_drzer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkPitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZer0
aren't those prob the same thing?
you know what I mean, just not all about who sees who quicker

Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #14
o_suuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
It's been a bout 4 years since the page was updated anyway. I'm pretty sure valve abandoned that method of development. Maybe they'll get back to it, but god only knows.
I preordered TFC2 from EBgames four years ago they said it was canceled and I got my money back.
o_suuko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #15
o_pinkymcdoogle

Crazy physics and movement/aiming dynamics are all what TFC is about.

The whole quickdraw/sniper dynamic of CS does nothing for me. Good game...sure. But TOTALLY different than Team Fortress. I have no interest in TF2 if it goes for the Battlefield/CS type crowd...I want Fortress Forever!!! : )
o_pinkymcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #16
o_binarylife

I actualy like both games.
CS is a strategy based game. You gotta work with your team and get a drop on the enemy in order to win. You can't just go barrling into a room guns a blazing because there's no skill, intelligence, point, or success rate to that.

In TFC, it's more about the dynamics of the game. You run into an enemy player and the two of you have a shootout good old-fashioned movie style. In TFC when you die it's because you were beaten, there's also more respect for the person your fighting. Well at least there used to be. I remember Battling a Soldier for 5 minuits straight. In the end we killed each other, I go t him with a nade he got me with a rocket. It was awsome.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:17 AM   #17
o_ghost

Why must people relate TF2 to CS as if Valve saw how popular CS was and started to model TF2 after it? Much of the info we have about TF2 was from before Half-life was even released or at least as TFC was just being released.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2005, 03:28 AM   #18
o_hughj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
Why must people relate TF2 to CS as if Valve saw how popular CS was and started to model TF2 after it? Much of the info we have about TF2 was from before Half-life was even released or at least as TFC was just being released.
I think because they've mentioned at one time or another about conc jumping and RJing and all the rest not being the direction they are/were planning.. so I think it's pretty safe to say that it's less QWDM-TF and more CS-TF.
o_hughj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #19
o_binarylife

Quote:
I think because they've mentioned at one time or another about conc jumping and RJing and all the rest not being the direction they are/were planning.. so I think it's pretty safe to say that it's less QWDM-TF and more CS-TF.
Maybe it's more like Rainbow 6 or Farcry, or ANY OTHER GAME that has a more realistic style of fighting. Just because a game hasrealisstic physics doens't make it CS. CS is one game of MANY that has utilized a realistic combat style. It is a great game. It is very popular. And yes, it did even inspier a great deal of games to be created. However, TFC is TFC. Valve, is smart....(ignores Steam)... They understand that the fans who play TFC are not the fans who play CS. They also know, that if they release a TFC that's just like CS, then they will infact LOOSE money based on a split market.

If anything they were trying to correct what they thought were problems and bugs with the original TF. Remembering that RJ, BH Conc jumping and such were all BUGS that Valve DIDN'T want in the game. They kept them in the updates after the fans had an outcry to keep them involved. Believe it or not the fans and the players made TFC what it is, not Valve. They had a different idea of gameplay, and if they decide to go with that style, we can't do much about it.

Accept play FF, because FF is infact, made by the fans

Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #20
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Bhopping was certainly a bug that Valve didn't intend, and so was HH concing, but they must have realized that HH concing was possible while beta testing it. They could have removed it then, but didn't. Instead, they toned it down later. They would have probably completely removed bhopping, but they realized many players liked it, so they limited it instead of removing it.

However, unless Valve was completely clueless, they knew they were including drop concing and RJing.

No matter how TF2 turns out, I bet it will be more "realistic" than TFC or the Unreal series. Valve likes real-world settings, and flying players tend to ruin the immersion
Even though there will not likely be bhopping or Conc jumping, it does not mean TF2 will be just like CS. People need to realize that TF2 will not be TFC2, and then they might be able to enjoy it.

Honestly, I think it will work out better this way. We will have FF for "TFC2," and TF2 for a different experience.

I don't trust Valve to make a sequel to TFC, but I do trust them to make a kick-ass game (eventually...)
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote