KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Everyone has their own opinion on how the game should be developed. The only problem is, we're not developing it. The developers are. It looks like Bridget has a very personal investment in this and if that is the case, why not go make a source game the way you would like? If you can't, looks like you're going to have to deal with the so-called 'shortcomings' of the developers which only you seem to be the one pointing out.

I prefer a more practical approach. If there is a problem, there is a way to solve it. First and foremost, imo FF needs to be on Steamworks as soon as humanly possible. Now that we know this mod doesn't require the orange box to be on Steamworks, what are we waiting for?

That would allow the developers to not feel so rushed by fuggers like Bridget constantly on their case about releasing new updates or taking this mod in the 'correct' direction.

Face it, all games are never 100% finished. I have a feeling as long as people are willing to develop for this game, there will always be new updates making it more and more better.

But I stand firmly behind my opinion that this mod NEEDS Steamworks.

Automatic updates - allows the devs to release updates on the fly, and revert back to previous versions of FF if needed if something screws up. Automatic updates also remove the annoyance users have from having to find a download link to the latest update of FF or even new users wanting to download FF for the first time. And even though it has been simplified by using executables, a lot of people are simply too lazy or don't care enough to go get those new updates. If someone is bored and decides to load up FF, it would auto download the update and whallah! They're playing the most up-to-date version of FF. Simple, efficient and effective.

And while releasing FF on Steamworks would not be the end all to the issues in this mod, it would certainly lower stress levels of having to follow deadlines based on how bitchy the community is for an update.

Frequent small updates to FF even maybe once every month or every 2 months is a lot better than having to wait 6 months to a year for a single update. Also, trying to keep track of small updates rather than large ones is probably a lot more of a simple task. And while patience is certainly a good thing to have, we all want to see where this mod can go and to hopefully see it succeed so if we seem a bit hasty, it's because we care. At least I do. I would love if this mod had millions of users. You know how happy that shit would make me?
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 09-10-2010 at 07:50 AM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote