View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Hi! I agree with most of what you say (didn't make it through the second post yet though). Some thoughts of mine...

I'd love to see more well made videos from public server play - footage clearly showing what's going on (I find ppl not familier with FF often complain the footage is too confusing to follow) and conveying the strengths of each class and the point of the gamemodes. Perhaps extended clips that link together to cover the entirity of a cap or even successive caps on avd maps (rather than the usual collection of unrelated highlights).

I've been wanting to make a short (~2 mins) video tutorial for each class explaining the basics and clearly showing it being used appropriately, but I never find the time. It would be great if someone else did this (or helped me!).

In my experience most ppl are nice to newcomers, but all it takes is one dick to be a dick to make newcomers feel unwelcome and unwilling to ask for help. Perhaps then the problem isn't the readyness of most players to help newcomers, but the lack of readyness of most players to clamp down on the minority who are dicks? Whenever we see someone being given the "this isn't TF2 kid" line of insults, rather than just let it slide (which is something I admit I do too often) maybe more of us should step in at that point to offer friendly and constructive help.

1 members found this post helpful.