Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
Learn how to play no-bhop 2fort. They may not be asshats but they certainly are blasphemers. Basically playing a shittier version of tf2 at that point.
Let's be honest here.... who, when they first bought HL/TFC, got "instaskills" in the first 5 minutes?

Answer: NOBODY.

TFC has a pretty heavy learning curve. You're going to get your ass handed to you, even on a more noob friendly server. As least you won't see HW's moving faster than a Scout can run, and thinking "well, this game is WAAAY too hard." and stop playing. Once you've gotten decent without it, THEN it's time to move on and learn the more advanced stuff.

Also, Drippy- didn't completely lock it out.... it's capped. What was the name of that one server....... Geezers and Broads, or something like that? They banned people for rocket/conc/nade/pipe jumping with the flag! Literally BANNED you for doing what's considered "basic" movement. You got ONE warning.... and perm'd if you did it again.

Many of the new players are coming in from TF2. A game that has one of(in my opinion) the slowest paces of any FPS out there. To them, even on Drippy-'s, it's very fast paced mayhem.

I'm not saying I teach scheduled classes or anything, but I talk to the new players, tell them it's a difficult game to learn, and try to guide them to stick with it and learn it. I do offer to go into an empty server and teach them some stuff. I'm not the best player ever, but they can learn some basic stuff, which makes them want to learn more. Once they've got that mentality, the sky is the limit.

Oh, and yes, I do tell them about Fortress Forever. I let them know that FF is even faster paced than TFC, and to walk before they run.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote